Official 'Post a Picture of your Campsite at FW' Thread

Mickey is a sticker. I did some work with a scanner and Photoshop, and I have a friend with the tools to make some pretty nice graphics.So that along with Ebay and the Outlet Stores and I have made these "Mickefication", well you know what I mean.;)

WDW0107261-1.jpg

WDW0107265.jpg

WDW0107267.jpg

WDW0107271.jpg

As for the inside of the trailer, we'll save that for another thread!!!:rotfl2:
I love the decal with the name and the camping scene!!! Where can I get one with our name on it? I see that you will be at FW in June. We will be there from the 23rd to the 30th. Maybe we'll see you there.

Here we are in August of last year in Site 920. This was soon after we bought our TT. I loved this site. It was very convenient and also very private.

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

Site 824

FWApril2007002.jpg

FWApril2007003.jpg

FWApril2007005.jpg

Once again we arrived and found the assigned site was not quite what we needed. This site was open and the front desk said we could indeed switch. We loved the location, very close to comfort station, and a short stroll past the comfort station to the bus stop. Not much privacy due to the sidewalk right there, but if you're in a TT or MH shouldn't be a problem. The A/C units shutting off and on behind the comfort station may bother some, but not a bother for us.

I am going to look through my pictures and figure out how to post one. We have stayed in the 1500 loop at least 4 or 5 times. We stayed in 1506 twice and 1507 once.

Site 859

WaltDisneyWorldOctober2003079-1.jpg

WaltDisneyWorldOctober2003078-1.jpg

This was 3 1/2 years ago. Last trip in the old Apache popup. We had more than enough room. Close to comfort station.

This is site 850, a preferred pet loop it is in the bend of the loop. Also, I made a note to request an even numbered site and if 850's not available the ones in the 840's were as nice. If you are looking for something close to the bath house, this part of the loop isn't for you.

Very easy to back into and wide enough for our 30' Kiwi..

Just click on the pics to enlarge them, trying to do my part for the dial-up dis'ers :thumbsup2

We parked the camper right at the edge of the cement and there was plenty of room for this tent and bikes.

Taken from the dog walk area...taken same exact spot all I had to do was turn to get the campsite.

I was really impressed with the dog walk, my DD's loved riding their bikes back here. Theres a short trail (see above photo) that leads to this awesome area

:eek: maybe I should have keep this site a secret ?? :scared1: :lmao:

TOO LATE!! I've fallen for that site!! I think we should dub that the official Disboards Fort Wilderness Forum Campsite and we tag team request it. I'd take that walk to the comfort station for all that nature (the first time I drove around the 800 loop I thought we'd end up at WL, so you must have been quite a bit away from the CS)!

Is that a chocolate min pin? It's so cute!! It looks like you'd only need dental floss for a leash!

TOO LATE!! I've fallen for that site!! I think we should dub that the official Disboards Fort Wilderness Forum Campsite and we tag team request it. I'd take that walk to the comfort station for all that nature (the first time I drove around the 800 loop I thought we'd end up at WL, so you must have been quite a bit away from the CS)!

Is that a chocolate min pin? It's so cute!! It looks like you'd only need dental floss for a leash!

:rotfl: :lmao: okay I guess I'll share it :rotfl2: We'll have to coordinate our dates like they do on the fridge swaps :dance3:

We had the cart and preferred the CS in the 900 loop which was just about the same distance. If we wanted to hike through the woods we probably could have gotten there by the dog walk ? maybe
The loop was really long, thank goodness for the cart or else it wouldn't have loved the site so much!

Oh, thats Tootsie Roll and shes suppose to be Chihuahua but I swear they gave me a Dachshund :eek: she doesn't have the same body shape as my other Chihuahua....she's so darn long!
It doesn't help that she's only 3 pounds. I guess she does look like a mini pin.

Take a peek at her "baby" pic

This is site 850, a preferred pet loop it is in the bend of the loop. Also, I made a note to request an even numbered site and if 850's not available the ones in the 840's were as nice. If you are looking for something close to the bath house, this part of the loop isn't for you.

Very easy to back into and wide enough for our 30' Kiwi..

Just click on the pics to enlarge them, trying to do my part for the dial-up dis'ers :thumbsup2

We parked the camper right at the edge of the cement and there was plenty of room for this tent and bikes.

Taken from the dog walk area...taken same exact spot all I had to do was turn to get the campsite.

I was really impressed with the dog walk, my DD's loved riding their bikes back here. Theres a short trail (see above photo) that leads to this awesome area

Looks like a great site...but I wondered about the proximity to the dog walk. I mean...how to put this delicately...DID IT STINK?:confused3 I have a dog, and we always clean up after him...but not everyone does, and I'm wondering with being so close to the dog walk, did you ever get a wiff of something that should have been cleaned up and wasn't?

Looks like a great site...but I wondered about the proximity to the dog walk. I mean...how to put this delicately...DID IT STINK?:confused3 I have a dog, and we always clean up after him...but not everyone does, and I'm wondering with being so close to the dog walk, did you ever get a wiff of something that should have been cleaned up and wasn't?

lol, I was wondering the same thing but surprisingly I saw no droppings anywhere. There were no funny smells at all. But I'll tell ya, it was sure dark in the middle of the night. Our puppy still has to go before morning and I knew it'd be me to have to take her. I had my little penlight flashlight ready and when I opened the door to pitch blackness…I was like heck no, you’re gonna have to hold it till sunup! I’m not a city girl but I’m not used to all those animal noises, no telling what was out there. Note to self, "self bring a bigger flashlight next time" :sad2: :eek:

Oh, thats Tootsie Roll and shes suppose to be Chihuahua but I swear they gave me a Dachshund :eek: she doesn't have the same body shape as my other Chihuahua....she's so darn long!
It doesn't help that she's only 3 pounds. I guess she does look like a mini pin.
Take a peek at her "baby" pic

She is SO cute! Our min pin is mistaken for a 'taco bell dog' all the time. My kids are in love withTootsie's baby picture and now want a dog that tiny. I guess we'd have to name it PDA or blackberry.

I love the idea of coordinating dates and swapping 850. We could bury a treasure chest somewhere on the site that only 'we' would know about ;) and each person would add something in it for each family to use that gets the site next and so on. We could start with Kungaloosh fixins, what else would work?

102_0776-medium.jpg

We visited last weekend, April 27-28, and stayed in 831. We had a blast. We bought all the "stuff" for the mickey lamp post for the June trip. Hope to see y'all there in mid June!

I have just finished my MickeyHead Lampost only to decide to tear it apart and start the head part over. The globes have rather a long "neck" on them which makes Mickey's ears stick out funny...tomorrow I have a friend who is going to help me do surgery on them...i hope it turns out better...I've been proud so far at having done most of the project by myself including coming up with my own version after looking at pics from all the camping threads! tr I wish I knew how to post it...the base is Pink since our trip will be a girls only trip!!:banana:

2007-04-3015-45-39IMG_0337.jpg

2007-04-3015-45-48IMG_0338.jpg

2007-04-3017-54-40IMG_0344.jpg

2007-04-3015-44-31IMG_0335.jpg

This was a great site for us. The last picture shows what was behind our site -- a long path to the comfort station -- lots of bunnies all day and night -- and an armadillo. It wasn't too close to the sites next to us and the ground was flat all the way around.:) Also, we could load/unload our golf cart right at the site instead of having to stop to do it on the way out.:thumbsup2

I have just finished my MickeyHead Lampost only to decide to tear it apart and start the head part over. The globes have rather a long "neck" on them which makes Mickey's ears stick out funny...tomorrow I have a friend who is going to help me do surgery on them...i hope it turns out better...I've been proud so far at having done most of the project by myself including coming up with my own version after looking at pics from all the camping threads! tr I wish I knew how to post it...the base is Pink since our trip will be a girls only trip!!:banana:

I just finished my lamp post today. I used a Dremel tool to cut it and that was the best decision I made. We went with the ready-made lamp post, 12 and 6 inch globes and a globe stand for the top of post. I will have to post it on a new thread when the silicone dries! We used a white bucket with a hole cut in the top of the lid for a base and plan to put sand in there in case of wind problems during storms at the Fort.

loop number: 400
site number: 417
type/size of rig/tent:38 ft Fifth Wheel
ease of backing into site: Easy ( on corner )
addt'l info about site: Lots of room behind camper and room for slides and awning.

siteflag.jpg

loop number: 400
site number: 417
type/size of rig/tent:38 ft Fifth Wheel
ease of backing into site: Easy ( on corner )
addt'l info about site: Lots of room behind camper and room for slides and awning.

siteflag.jpg

I love all your Mickey decor!!! Great job :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

:laundy: I knew if I waited long enough someone would post a picture of a site we have stayed in. We stayed in 417 for 24 days Christmas 2005. It is one of the best sites we have had. My kids really enjoyed that particular site, they could get to the settlement store or the pool without having to take the bus. They could get there on their bikes. My DW was happy with the site also bc we were relatively close to the comfort station so she did not have to carry her large laundry loads ( 5 people make a lot of laundry ) very far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!