***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question everybody, I have a Rope Drop Fastpass for FOP at 9:30am in November, first time going to Pandora. Will I still needs to be in the long standby line that's typically stretched towards the Pandora bridge entrance? Do they separate the FP & standby lines when you get to the bridge into Pandora or do they separate people when you get to the FOP queue entrance? I want to make sure I don't have to speed walk, jog or just flat out run into Pandora. LOL.

Quick question everybody, I have a Rope Drop Fastpass for FOP at 9:30am in November, first time going to Pandora. Will I still needs to be in the long standby line that's typically stretched towards the Pandora bridge entrance? Do they separate the FP & standby lines when you get to the bridge into Pandora or do they separate people when you get to the FOP queue entrance? I want to make sure I don't have to speed walk, jog or just flat out run into Pandora. LOL.
I would hold back some and let the rope drop people in first but no the do not do two lines

I would hold back some and let the rope drop people in first but no the do not do two lines

Ok, I'm not sure about your answer. LOL. I'll ask the question a different way, at Rope Drop, do I get into the FP line when I get to the FOP queue entrance or at the Pandora bridge?

If you do not have a FP for the river ride I would do this first ( you want to get to the park a little before RD but go there first then go to FOP. when you walk over to the FP line they some times have the walk way blocked by ropes this is to let people in the standby line just wait a minutes ( if that ) for them to drop the rope for you to cross over to the FP line. you will have untill 10:30 for your FOP FP.

Some of the answers you've gotten confuse me, so I understand why you got confused by the answers.
The easy answer is, having a FP at FoP is the same as a FP for any ride. You never have to rush to the ride *unless your FP is about to expire, and you go to the attraction directly. You never have to get in a standby line when you have an active FP for any ride. If at any point someone tries to direct you to a different line, because you get caught up in the crowds, tell them you have a FP. But it won't be hard to remove yourself from the stream of people heading to the standby lines and walk leisurely to the attraction.

Does the 10:37 trick still work?
As you found out, no it doesn't, and hasn't for a while.
But, I was there a few months after you, in Oct and sometime just after 3:00 I found a bunch of FoP FP. Not just for 2 but for 7 and for several time slots. I don't know if this was a regular, new drop or just a one time thing or what. It did appear to be too many FP available for it to be just from someone canceling unless it was a huge group that canceled. I didn't look on any other days after I found those. If I don't forget I'll try to check this afternoon

Thanks! Looks as if they took the fish option away for the bowls, and the cheeseburger pods from the adult menu, although they are still on the kids' menu. Anything else I'm missing?
Price increase as well. That’s it.

Did rope drop for the first time in ages due to poor planning on my part and missing the 60 day subdue to get my fastpasses and thus FOP. When we got on line the cast member said an hour wait, but it really was turned out to be only 35, nicely passed by talking to a lovely family from Australia. Glad we got to see what we've been missing doing FP.

2 updates from my trip (just got back late last night).

1) The entry procedure at EMH rope drop was different this time. All the other times I have been it has been; tapstiles then held in a herd at the bridge to Pandora. This time was completely different. They opened the park and then as you walked toward Pandora CM's directed you where to walk, and slowly whittled everyone walking toward FoP down to an actual line early on. We wound the line different as well, and when we got up to the ride, we were wound through the Standby Entrance instead of the FP entrance, however inside the queue we were shunted to the FP line before going into the "lab" portion of the standby line. This way worked so much better, no herd, no shoving, nice pace walking and seemed to be handled by everyone better. (Then still inflate the wait time right off the bat; walking in under the standby arch it said 60 min, it was 6 min.)

2) The bowl I ordered at Satu'li was different. Much more variety in the bowl with the hearty salad as "base." (Didn't get to see the other bowls.) There was a nice salad of greens, a good helping of quinoa off to the side, and a good helping of roasted broccoli, the sauce was served on the side. It was the best bowl I've had there yet, and I loved it before.

3) Oh, I have to add (not an update, just a heads up); I could modify and also snag same day fast passes for 1 and 2 people fairly easily for FoP. For 2 people it took me 9 min of refreshing while I waited for Hall of Presidents over in MK, and for 1 person it would take about 3 min to get one. Also, NRJ never popped up that whole time, only FoP.

Well.....how did you like your ride on FoP? If I had noticed your question earlier I would have recommended that you rope drop the ride without your fast pass first, then use your pass for a second ride, because the only thing better than a ride on FoP is two rides on FoP in a row!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!