***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AK opening time is 9am to 9:30 pm beyond August 19. There won't be any 7 am FP available even if Disney extends the hours to 8am to 11pm because FP is not available during AM EMH.

I meant I was at my computer at 7:00 am trying to book passes for my trip, but there were not any for FoP during my stay.

Posted wait times for FOP right now at 244-295 minutes?!? 4-5 hours?!?! I have pretty consistently seen 120, but not this. Is AK super packed today?

Fingers crossed that I can pull off a RD standby ride in late August!

Posted wait times for FOP right now at 244-295 minutes?!? 4-5 hours?!?! I have pretty consistently seen 120, but not this. Is AK super packed today?

Sounds like there is some theater issues of some sort, or were

Yep. Theater C went down around 1230 while we were in the FP line. Even before that though, the line extended to Africa around 9am.
Just shows how impossible it is to predict what AK crowds are going to do right now. The rest of the waits at AK aren't crazy. All in all in line with what I've seen on spot checks over the course of the past couple of weeks. When FoP was more like 120 min. Who knows what sent everyone to AK this morning.

Sounds like there is some theater issues of some sort, or were

Just shows how impossible it is to predict what AK crowds are going to do right now. The rest of the waits at AK aren't crazy. All in all in line with what I've seen on spot checks over the course of the past couple of weeks. When FoP was more like 120 min. Who knows what sent everyone to AK this morning.

Hopefully they all leave tonight! We're hoping to try FOP standby but can't justify waiting four hours+ So grateful we had a FP.

Thought I'd share my experience from AK on Tuesday 6/20 with no FoP FPs in hand. I was hoping to try to rope drop it, but my group did not get out the door early enough to make that work (we got to AK tapstiles at 7:30am and there were already a zillion people in the park it seemed. The line for FoP was already listed at 120 minutes or something. We kept checking FoP wait times on MDE throughout the day and at about 5:30pm we saw it was at 90 minutes. Finished our drinks at Nomad Lounge, walked into FoP line at 6pm (wait still listed out front as 90 minutes) and walked off of the ride into Windtraders at 7pm. It was awesome!

The FP+ FOP availability - or lack thereof, really - is very puzzling to me. I was afraid I'd be shut out for July 4th week, since it's one of the busiest weeks of the year, but I had a ton of availability on from Day 1 of my vacation start at 60 days out, and still had plenty of options to move things around/change days/times for weeks after. What's changed since then? Is it just that word is out now and more people are aware/interested? Do you think a ton of folks are speculatively booking FPs, just in case, that they may or may not use? Could WDW have reduced the allocation of FPs per day?
60 days out for 7/2 there was only a 6pm slot after that checked again zilch

I posted in the news and rumors forum, but there are six AK attractions showing closed on the lines app, and big waits for Pandora.

Anybody heard about anything?

I posted in the news and rumors forum, but there are six AK attractions showing closed on the lines app, and big waits for Pandora.

Anybody heard about anything?
Just an afternoon thunderstorm. Nothing to worry about unless you are currently at AK.

Don't miss the queue for FoP. Don't wait 45 min for RJ.
You will regret missing the queue for Fop and you will regret waiting 45 min for RJ.
I promise both.
We waited 2 hours for FoP and didn't regret a single minute. Only ride I've ever waited more than 30 min for, ever, in my whole life. Still worth it.
It's not just that the queue is interesting. It's that they designed it so you don't realize you are waiting 2 hours. It's long so even when it's a 2 hour wait you never stop moving. It's all in your mind but when you are moving you don't feel like it's a long wait.
There is nothing to the queue for RJ, at all. We only rode it with a FP. It was a lovely ride but I would have never wanted to wait even 15 min for it.
Thanks for this info!

So, if you have a FP for FoP, do you miss the queue, or do you see the stuff to see in the queue, just spend less time in it?

Well, I'm glad I asked!

This is the down side of trying not to find out too much info or look at too many pics of Pandora because it may ruin the surprise. You may miss some good stuff!
I totally understand. I was the same way before our trip for the opening. I didn't want to know anything or see anything about it either. It is hard to know enough to be sure you don't miss anything and not have any spoilers.

That might not be true this year, given that free dining and the Halloween parties both start in late August.

This makes sense now. I was wondering what was going on as I was having difficulty getting normal FP for safari and Everest and was wondering if it was going to be more crowded than I thought. We are going for the first time in August to attend the Halloween party.

No FOP FP for us on our first AK day (2nd park day of trip). Was up and online to make them at 60 days yesterday as soon as it opened up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter