**Official DLR October 2020 Check In Thread...Take 2!!**

Today has been the hardest day for me! I am so excited for October, and nervous for what will be and won’t be! I am so hoping for a Oogie Boogie bash, food, and as much fun as we can have! I love the build up and planning for all of my trips.....this time It is different! Zero planning so far!

Right, Ive been following all the updates for Walt Disney World and the ticket situation has got me spooked. I know there are lots of people now who have hotels and flights booked for Walt Disney World but who had not bought tickets yet. Now that Walt Disney World is reopening, they have suspended sales of new tickets and will be giving priority to people who have existing tickets for the new park reservation system.

I don't want to end up in the same situation for Disneyland, so I have just bought a 3 day 1 park ticket and linked it in My Disney Account.

My ticket is valid until January 2022, so even things don't go according to plan and I have to reschedule to after Christmas, my ticket is still valid for 2021.

I did not add Maxpass onto the ticket. Depending on the reopening restrictions and new procedures, I may have to add it when I get there. In previous years I have not used Maxpass and have just used the free Fastpass kiosks in the parks.

I feel a bit more relived right now, now that I see the ticket in the Disneyland App. The Walt Disney World ticket situation really spooked me. Everything is so uncertain right and I just need to be a bit more prepared than normal.

Hey all. I’ll get the trip dates post updated here soon. So I am managing this thread, but I am actually headed to WDW this Halloween. As of right now Disney has said the Florida parties are still happening so hopefully that means Oogie boogie returns!

Not sure how hopeful I should be... traveling from Jordan to pick up my nephew in Germany (once-in-a-lifetime trip for him) then to Aulani and ending up at DL October 27-30. Had the luck of renting at VGC. I’d be ok with masks and somewhat modified experiences since it would be hard to duplicate this trip next year.

I really want this to be a go. I'm hoping at least one other friend will come with me to share the hotel room, but so far... no luck. And of course, it all depends on if our border is allowing us to cross to the USA for non-essential travel.

I really want this to be a go. I'm hoping at least one other friend will come with me to share the hotel room, but so far... no luck. And of course, it all depends on if our border is allowing us to cross to the USA for non-essential travel.

same. Im from Ireland, so doing the same waiting game as you. Have you sorted travel and medical insurance?

Also have you thought about a solo trip? Yiu could book a lower rate hotel and just do a solo trip. I've been doing solo park trips for years :)

I went to ASU for college (Go devils!!). Today they released a statement saying that Fall Break is cancelled. The reason for the cancellation is to lessen students traveling. If you all know about fall time at DL, you know fall break in neighboring states bring sin heavy heavy crowds. I wonder if other colleges and districts will be doing this to lessen travel for their students? Maybe it would make the fall crowds lighter? Hmm...
This is from another thread and is very interesting news relating to DLR. I don't know how many people will still plan on visiting DLR, just for a shorter period, or if they would cancel their planned trips completely.

This is from another thread and is very interesting news relating to DLR. I don't know how many people will still plan on visiting DLR, just for a shorter period, or if they would cancel their planned trips completely.

My daughter's small (3000 students) university in Southern California just cancelled their 2 day fall break that was scheduled for October 12-13.

My daughter's small (3000 students) university in Southern California just cancelled their 2 day fall break that was scheduled for October 12-13.

yep. In Iowa too. The universities here are canceling the short fall break and adding it to thanksgiving to give the whole week off and then because there is only class for a week or 2 after thanksgiving, they are having students return home at thanksgiving break and finishing the semester virtually. They are worried about the leave and comeback to campus due to the virus.

yep. In Iowa too. The universities here are canceling the short fall break and adding it to thanksgiving to give the whole week off and then because there is only class for a week or 2 after thanksgiving, they are having students return home at thanksgiving break and finishing the semester virtually. They are worried about the leave and comeback to campus due to the virus.
Thanks for the info -- I've updated the fall break list on the first page.

So I usually go in June when the park hours are 8am to midnight. I just realized I have no clue about park hours in October. Yes I know 2020 will be different Covid 19 and all that but just to give me an idea and so that I can re arrange my touring plan, what are October hours like in general? How does the Oggie Boogie Bash affect park hours and crowds?

So I usually go in June when the park hours are 8am to midnight. I just realized I have no clue about park hours in October. Yes I know 2020 will be different Covid 19 and all that but just to give me an idea and so that I can re arrange my touring plan, what are October hours like in general? How does the Oggie Boogie Bash affect park hours and crowds?
Here's one place to start: "Historical DLR Park Hours, Entertainment and Refurbs" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291124.
Another place to look would be here (and this would be a good thread to look over anyway just to familiarize yourself with what could be offered in Oct.): Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information.
Generally, on OBB nights, DCA closes early to non-party guests. The party begins at either 6 pm or 7 pm, depending on whether it is a weekday or weekend, and there are early entry hours for party guests beginning 3 hours before the party start time (so either 3 pm or 4 pm). The early entry hours can be pretty crowded, especially around BVS, and FPs can be hard to find without MP because OBB tickets come with MP, so that ups the competition for FPs with day guests. DL will get more crowded as DCA day guests with hoppers are forced to leave and have nowhere else to go. DTD can get crowded, too. You can still have fun, but it takes organization and planning ahead. DL can stay open longer on party nights to compensate for non-party guests. Be prepared for fireworks to get cancelled (Santa Ana wind season!), but the projections should run anyway. WOC on party nights will be for OBB guests only.

Here's one place to start: "Historical DLR Park Hours, Entertainment and Refurbs" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291124.
Another place to look would be here (and this would be a good thread to look over anyway just to familiarize yourself with what could be offered in Oct.): Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information.
Generally, on OBB nights, DCA closes early to non-party guests. The party begins at either 6 pm or 7 pm, depending on whether it is a weekday or weekend, and there are early entry hours for party guests beginning 3 hours before the party start time (so either 3 pm or 4 pm). The early entry hours can be pretty crowded, especially around BVS, and FPs can be hard to find without MP because OBB tickets come with MP, so that ups the competition for FPs with day guests. DL will get more crowded as DCA day guests with hoppers are forced to leave and have nowhere else to go. DTD can get crowded, too. You can still have fun, but it takes organization and planning ahead. DL can stay open longer on party nights to compensate for non-party guests. Be prepared for fireworks to get cancelled (Santa Ana wind season!), but the projections should run anyway. WOC on party nights will be for OBB guests only.
thanks, wow, ok, really need to get my head around all this, I think I have been spoiled with the June hours and being able to do so much

thanks, wow, ok, really need to get my head around all this, I think I have been spoiled with the June hours and being able to do so much
Also be prepared for the weather to be warmer and drier than what you've been used to in June. No June Gloom! Santa Ana wind season can be very warm/hot, very dry -- we've seen it be in the mid 80's F at 10:30 pm in the parks. Aaaannnd, being October, we've also been in the parks in pouring rain in October (not super cold, but not tropical warm, either). Keep watching the local weather forecasts closer to your trip dates! @Vala comes from Europe every year for Halloween Time -- she's a good DISer to ask if you have weather/packing questions.

Also be prepared for the weather to be warmer and drier than what you've been used to in June. No June Gloom! Santa Ana wind season can be very warm/hot, very dry -- we've seen it be in the mid 80's F at 10:30 pm in the parks. Aaaannnd, being October, we've also been in the parks in pouring rain in October (not super cold, but not tropical warm, either). Keep watching the local weather forecasts closer to your trip dates! @Vala comes from Europe every year for Halloween Time -- she's a good DISer to ask if you have weather/packing questions.

thanks for the tips. I get weather updates from my LA friends so I know that October can be just as warm as the summer, I had to explain this to my mum, who was worried I would be going in a cold time :rotfl2: Mom, its California. No June gloom will be interesting though, and rain, well that I'm used to , although warm rain will be different.

I’m going back and forth on my dates. In the past has Gay Days been that busy? I could easily go the last week in September but the first week of October just sounded more appealing to me. I’m having issues using the search function on my phone so figured I’d ask here.

And really, with reduced capacity in our future- will it even matter much?

I’m going back and forth on my dates. In the past has Gay Days been that busy? I could easily go the last week in September but the first week of October just sounded more appealing to me. I’m having issues using the search function on my phone so figured I’d ask here.

And really, with reduced capacity in our future- will it even matter much?
exactly, I don't think we will have to worry about crowds between when they reopen and the end of 2020. If Disney are not limiting capacity, I think many guests will self cancel for various reasons over the next few months. There are alot more varables now, and everyone has alot more things that will influnce their decision to go to the parks or not.

There will always be the mad group of us here on Dis and others like us, who will still go, but many of the more casual guests will decide not to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter