*** Official OCTOBER 2019 Group - Boo To You! ***

My nephew is taking his DD(4) for first time and they are looking at October. I looked a bit through thread but didn’t see answer to my question.

Can someone tell me week the New Jersey kids are off? I thought it was October
I thought Jersey Week is the first week of November so the 4-8th.

My nephew is taking his DD(4) for first time and they are looking at October. I looked a bit through thread but didn’t see answer to my question.

Can someone tell me week the New Jersey kids are off? I thought it was October

First week of November is Jersey week (we are from Jersey) and are going so :) My girls are off starting Nov 4th.

Hi! We are going 10/5-10/12 at BCV. Our ADR day is tomorrow and it’s so frustrating to feel like I only have half the info! I’m not sure how to plan for HS...will we get a SDD FP, will there be fast passes for MMRR, schedule for the new world of animation show and of course darn galaxy’s edge maybe making the whole place too crowded to even bother??

Just booked a trip for Oct. 29-Nov 5 at POP!! It will be me, my husband, son, daughter, sister, mom, step dad, MIL, and FIL for my 30th birthday!! sooo excited!! My sister and I are running the Wine and Dine 10k and we are also hoping to squeeze in the Halloween Party!!

We are booked. Oct 30-Nov 9th (POR) :)

Welcome! You've all been added to our roll call!

I got three of the ADRs I wanted yesterday, plus Pirates League. I'm on the lookout for CRT and Sci-Fi now. Is Sci-Fi closing for refurb? I can find multiple ADRs through September 29th, and then absolutely nothing. I haven't seen anything about a refurb, but maybe I missed it.

I also have five MNSSHP costumes to make, so I better get on that too!

I'm on the lookout for CRT and Sci-Fi now. Is Sci-Fi closing for refurb? I can find multiple ADRs through September 29th, and then absolutely nothing. I haven't seen anything about a refurb, but maybe I missed it.

I think it's on the September 2019 thread (I'm on both, we're going 9/28-10/4) that a few of us have been discussing the lack of Sci-Fi reservations available. Absolutely nothing was open on any of my days for lunch or dinner on my ADR day last Monday, then all of a sudden a bunch of availability opened for lunch only. I snagged 9/29 lunch but see no availability anymore. Another commenter said Sci-Fi had a special Star Wars-themed breakfast a few years ago. I think it'd be super cool if that happened again!

I think it's on the September 2019 thread (I'm on both, we're going 9/28-10/4) that a few of us have been discussing the lack of Sci-Fi reservations available. Absolutely nothing was open on any of my days for lunch or dinner on my ADR day last Monday, then all of a sudden a bunch of availability opened for lunch only. I snagged 9/29 lunch but see no availability anymore. Another commenter said Sci-Fi had a special Star Wars-themed breakfast a few years ago. I think it'd be super cool if that happened again!
Oh! Do you know if they had overlays on the cars to turn them into speeders or pod racers? That would be awesome.

Ooohhh I'd love a Star Wars themed meal! That would be great! Someone in my October group said they have an ADR for lunch on 10/9... it's so weird. I hope something pops up soon.

I'm getting anxious for ADR's!! I wish park hours would come out as well. Between trying to plan around SWGE and F&W with no park hours and very specific restaurants we want, I'm going crazy!! :crazy2::crazy2: :upsidedow
I don't ever mind making ADR's without having park hours but since my Oct. trip is for work, I can't make any :( Our agency owner has begun to make them but she's keeping the "where" a surprise and I do not like it lol!

We're going Sept 30-Oct 4, staying at Boulder Ridge on rented DVC points. I got most of my ADRs, still looking for BOG lunch (or PPO breakfast if we switch our MK day) and Storybook Dining on our resort day. I can't wait!!

I don't ever mind making ADR's without having park hours but since my Oct. trip is for work, I can't make any :( Our agency owner has begun to make them but she's keeping the "where" a surprise and I do not like it lol!
Oh, but that's fun too! Go with the flow and no worries.

We're going Sept 30-Oct 4, staying at Boulder Ridge on rented DVC points. I got most of my ADRs, still looking for BOG lunch (or PPO breakfast if we switch our MK day) and Storybook Dining on our resort day. I can't wait!!
Headed to wdw October 9-13:)!
Mnsshp on October 10th so excited !
:smickey: Welcome! You've been added you to the Roll call.

Last edited:
So they announced that IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth will end on 30th of September and Epcot Forever will begin on 1st of October.

How sad/excited are you all? Us October visitors will be some of the first to see the new show.

I’m not too sad about IllumiNations ending because it’s not my preferred firework show and we often do trips without watching it. We’ve very excited to add another new thing to our list :jumping3:

So they announced that IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth will end on 30th of September and Epcot Forever will begin on 1st of October.

How sad/excited are you all? Us October visitors will be some of the first to see the new show.

I’m not too sad about IllumiNations ending because it’s not my preferred firework show and we often do trips without watching it. We’ve very excited to add another new thing to our list :jumping3:

Not happy at all. We are attending in September and had REALLY wanted to see something new!!! Now have to replan that night as we will not sit through illuminations again.

Oh, but that's fun too! Go with the flow and no worries.
That is very true :) When my DH and I go without the kids, our trips are not very planned and even if we make a couple ADR's they often get changed along with park days and FP's so I'm good with going with the flow - I actually prefer that to planning every detail and sticking with it! It's just the not having any say in where we eat that's bothering me lol because there's so much good food in Disney and I hate the thought of wasting calories at restaurants I don't like :laughing:

I like Illuminations but don't love it :duck:so I'm fine with it ending, and I'm hoping I like the interim show. I loved Wishes and don't particularly like HEA; loved Spectromagic and the ELP; don't like Rivers of Light. So my track record would intake I will not like any new show! However I have at least one free night so I'm going to make it a point to see this.

I like IllumiNations, but I've seen it so many times. The last few trips we skipped it. I'm excited for a new show, and on the lookout for the inevitable dessert party now.

So I put a lot of thought into the planning of my upcoming Sept/Oct vacation. I picked that time period because I thought it would be a quiet, non eventful time. Star wars wasn't supposed to open til later in the year. The Minnie and Mickey ride was supposed to be open. But there wasn't anything that was going to draw a huge crowd to the parks and quite frankly, people were going to stay away and wait for the opening of Star Wars. Well, a week after our 7 month window opened and I made the reservations at AKL, Disney announced the early opening of Stars Wars and then last night they released the date of the last show of Illuminations and start of the new one (both of which is while we're there). Both are going to draw huge crowds, which completely destroys my well thought out (originally clever) plan. Though I won't be happy about the crowds at Epcot that week, I am happy that I'll see the last Illuminations showing and then at some point during the week I'll go see the new show (a couple days after the first showing). I'm torn on Star Wars too because since it's open, I'll want to see it but I have 2 little ones and I doubt the line to get into the land will be short and since they aren't using fast passes yet, it won't alleviate the toy story land a whole lot. Also it sounds like the Minnie and Mickey ride won't be opening now til later so that won't soak up some of the crowds. Also the only night time extra magic hours are Oct 1st at Epcot and we'll be at the Not So Scary Halloween party. Sigh...I just can't win. Oh well, now I have 4 months to get my ducks in a row and utilize my fast passes to the fullest (even though those plans never work out as planned either). I'm sure we'll make the most of it and still have a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter