*** Official OCTOBER 2019 Group - Boo To You! ***

5 weeks from now I will be at a campground close to the Florida Georgia border and so ready to get to Fort Wilderness!! Still a ton of stuff to get done between now and then. We lost the tag to the trailer so I have to go get another one from the Tag Office. I want to repack the bearings on our trailer. And our daughter gets married on the 5th of October, 2 weeks before we head down. The next few weeks are going to be crazy!!

Just a notice for any SWGE fans... More Savi’s, Oga’s, and Droid Depot reservations have opened up!

I am completely reworking my DHS am around the new reservations and existing SDD FP+ and Sci-Fi lunch.

I love Disney even though it makes me crazy! 🤪

For the October folks, Disney updated some park hours today, mainly MK. Good time to recheck plans!
I'd been eagerly watching for the MK hours to be extended, but the update seems to have applied to all non-party nights except the only one that I needed: Oct. 30. That night is still listed as closing at 9PM, even though there is no evening EMH or special event listed. Does anyone know why it's closing at 9PM that night? Hours were extended for Nov 2, so I don't understand why not for Oct. 30.

I'd been eagerly watching for the MK hours to be extended, but the update seems to have applied to all non-party nights except the only one that I needed: Oct. 30. That night is still listed as closing at 9PM, even though there is no evening EMH or special event listed. Does anyone know why it's closing at 9PM that night? Hours were extended for Nov 2, so I don't understand why not for Oct. 30.

Could be anything... Disney just being cheap... maybe crowd projections are trending down that week and don't warrant a later closing... maybe they will get extended later on, etc. That day is sort of an anomaly for sure.

Heyyyyy! :rainbow:

I am SO EXCITED for my adult trip next month! What was originally booked as my solo trip quickly became a couple's trip as I met someone in the spring and added him to my reservation! We will be at WDW October 27 - November 2.
:tinker: Welcome to the group! I added you to the Roll Call. :mickeyjum

We leave next Thursday. Praying there aren’t any hurricanes!

Fingers crossed for you!

-----------------------------

Given that we're going in hurricane season I figured I'd ask those reading along what the plan each of us has if one is predicted before we go. Would you cancel and reschedule? Keep the plans?

Since Oct is close enough to the end of my use year (DVC) that I'd loose my points if I don't go, I'd keep my plans.
My kids and I have been before during a hurricane and it all worked out well despite moving locations twice. But the parks, when finally opened back up were empty and Disney kept us safe. That was the upside to an otherwise bad event, particularly for some of the cast members. The airport was a mess though.

Last edited:
I have been trying to add Saturday the 19th as our arrival day at the campground with no luck either. We will just drive a majority of the way down on the 19th and get a campsite 2 or 3 hours away. Hopefully we can check in early , set up and then head to Disney Springs for shopping and dinner.

I've been trying to snag a brunch every day without luck. Hoping there is a last minute cancellation that I can grab.
I booked The Wave as an option if I can't get Cali Grill. I went a few years back and wasn't all that impressed, but I have read so many positive reviews (including a new one from today!) so I am willing to try it again if Cali Grill doesn't come through. Just a little cheaper haha

Last edited:
I booked The Wave as an option if I can't get Cali Grill. I went a few years back and wasn't all the impressed, but I have read so many positive reviews (including a new one from today!) so I am willing to try it again if Cali Grill doesn't come through. Just a little cheaper haha

A third option is brunch at Grand Floridian Cafe. We love it:)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!