*** Official OCTOBER 2019 Group - Boo To You! ***

I'm back on the DISboards and we're headed back to WDW after an almost 18 month absence! Because of SWGE our beloved CBR was a madhouse, so we're trying something new:

October 19-25 FQPO (to celebrate 15 years of wedded bliss - or something similar :love2:)

:tink:Welcome! I've added you to the Roll Call! :dumbo:

All right y'all, give it to me straight. I booked my FP's today and could not get Slinky Dog. How bad is stand by if you go early--or is trying to get on later better? We didn't get to ride last time and I thought TSL was crazy crowded. I'm not normally claustrophobic but I couldn't WAIT to get out of there---it was midday or early afternoon so I'm wondering if it will be easier early in the morning or if I should just keep trying for a FP--or just skip it all together.
You're onsite, right? Can you do the EEMH at 6am? So many people will head towards Galaxy's Edge you will have a good shot at TSL. I wouldn't be surprised if they had separate lines for GE and the rest of the park.

Otherwise, we prefer riding it at night because of all the lights, plus it won't be so hot. HS is open till 10pm each day, maybe you can hop on a bit before close? Or during Fantasmic. On the subject of skipping it, my 5 and 7 year olds liked it, but my husband and I don't think it's worth the hype. It's a very smooth and pleasant ride, but it's super short and not worth the crazy lines IMO.

All right y'all, give it to me straight. I booked my FP's today and could not get Slinky Dog. How bad is stand by if you go early--or is trying to get on later better? We didn't get to ride last time and I thought TSL was crazy crowded. I'm not normally claustrophobic but I couldn't WAIT to get out of there---it was midday or early afternoon so I'm wondering if it will be easier early in the morning or if I should just keep trying for a FP--or just skip it all together.
If you hit it first thing in the AM right after park open it shouldn't be too bad. We did Early Morning Magic last August without a SDD FP and the wait was maybe 1/2 hour long. Now with EEMH and SWGE I don't think it would be much longer if you go straight there when the park opens. It is pretty cool at night though too with the lights.

TSL is crazy crowded/tight squeeze. The crowds there get to me too.

You can add us to the roll call! DW, DD11 and DD8 will be making our 8th family trip October 26 - Nov 2 and staying at Yacht Club.

One question I have is related to an evening at AK. What time is best to do a safari in the afternoon/evening and then follow it up with Pandora at night? I’m thinking a 5-6 Safari FP followed by a 6-7 FoP FP. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!!

You can add us to the roll call! DW, DD11 and DD8 will be making our 8th family trip October 26 - Nov 2 and staying at Yacht Club.

One question I have is related to an evening at AK. What time is best to do a safari in the afternoon/evening and then follow it up with Pandora at night? I’m thinking a 5-6 Safari FP followed by a 6-7 FoP FP. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!!

:tinker:Welcome! Added you, your wide and girls to the Roll Call! :figment:

That's a good question about timing the safari with FoP/Pandora. Spacing them out isn't bad as there is so much to wander around and look at. My suggestion is to maybe go a little earlier on the Safari if you can, the lions should be more active in late afternoon between 4 and 6, no set schedule for them however.

I'm planning out our Fastpasses today for reserving tomorrow. After all these years, I've found Disney's MDE is not very helpful. Sticking to good old spreadsheet format.

If you hit it first thing in the AM right after park open it shouldn't be too bad. We did Early Morning Magic last August without a SDD FP and the wait was maybe 1/2 hour long. Now with EEMH and SWGE I don't think it would be much longer if you go straight there when the park opens. It is pretty cool at night though too with the lights.

TSL is crazy crowded/tight squeeze. The crowds there get to me too.
Echoing this: Go when crowds are lowest: early and late.

You're onsite, right? Can you do the EEMH at 6am? So many people will head towards Galaxy's Edge you will have a good shot at TSL. I wouldn't be surprised if they had separate lines for GE and the rest of the park.

Otherwise, we prefer riding it at night because of all the lights, plus it won't be so hot. HS is open till 10pm each day, maybe you can hop on a bit before close? Or during Fantasmic. On the subject of skipping it, my 5 and 7 year olds liked it, but my husband and I don't think it's worth the hype. It's a very smooth and pleasant ride, but it's super short and not worth the crazy lines IMO.
Yep, we're onsite....Convincing DH to go at 6am might be a tough sell. I'm not going to get too stressed about it if we miss it--but I like the idea of trying to get on at night which would probably fit into our plans a little better.

Yep, we're onsite....Convincing DH to go at 6am might be a tough sell. I'm not going to get too stressed about it if we miss it--but I like the idea of trying to get on at night which would probably fit into our plans a little better.
I hear ya. Me a DD are planning to hit HS after out TAF brunch, so like noonish? LOL, we’re not going to accomplish much, but no way will we be heading to HS at 6am for EEMH (which will feel like 5am to us). That’s a special kind of torture, not a vacation. 🤣

Honestly, even an hour wait, if you have some in line entertainment, isn’t SO horrible.

Last edited:
Can the perfect trip be planned? We have really lucked out for this trip with the flight we wanted, the room we wanted, the ADRs we wanted and the Fast Passes we wanted. So many things are going right I'm starting to get nervous.

Can the perfect trip be planned? We have really lucked out for this trip with the flight we wanted, the room we wanted, the ADRs we wanted and the Fast Passes we wanted. So many things are going right I'm starting to get nervous.
Things are falling into place here too. I struggled with our fastpasses yesterday, Seems as soon as I find a rhythm that works it's at the end of making them, and the next trip is just far enough away that I forget the technique.

I'm about to drop an Oga's cantina breakfast for 2 on Oct 25 @ 9:15am if anyone wants to coordinate. I'll drop it by tonight if I don't hear from anyone.

We’ll be there 10/22 to 10/28, staying at the BWI (5), and CR (1). I just got our FPs and have locked in where we’re going each day. I’m hoping the trip isn’t a let down from all the excitement of planning for it. Who am I kidding, the trip will be the icing on the cake!

Getting a Saturday spot at Ft Wilderness is not going to happen, I have tried for months. I am thinking of adding a day at the end since there are open spots then.

We've only been waiting 500 and some days for this trip..maybe I should add us to the roll call....Oct 24-26th Pop Century (resort only to get over the jet lag) and then Oct 26th- Nov 9th Beach Club!!!!!

Hi October peeps. I’ll be there from October 5 until October 10. I am completely overwhelmed and I have no idea which park on which day. I was only planning on a four day but decided to add on a half day on the fifth to go to a park. I don’t know which days for which parks though. It’ll be my teen daughter and I and we are staying at Hilton bonnet creek and last day we are staying at All-Star movie so we can get the ME to the airport. We live on the West Coast so usually go to Disneyland. But I like Disney World much better. The EMHs are going to be very tough for us but I feel like I have to do It in order to see everything. All I know is that we are not going to MK on the days of the MNSSHP because we don’t have hoppers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter