*** Official October 2018 Thread ***

Are you going soon? The temps are going way down for this next week. We arrive Tuesday and the highs are all low 80s
No not until next year first week in October. Debating on going a couple weeks later if it’s going to be cooler

No not until next year first week in October. Debating on going a couple weeks later if it’s going to be cooler
Yesterday and today were hot, hot, hot! High 80s, low 90s. The news said "fall weather" is coming in starting tomorrow with a high of 81 (just sounds strange to me for "fall" weather haha).

Last year my trip spanned 10/21 - 10/28. The 21st - 24th were pretty hot as well. The 25th forward cooled down significantly.

Yesterday and today were hot, hot, hot! High 80s, low 90s. The news said "fall weather" is coming in starting tomorrow with a high of 81 (just sounds strange to me for "fall" weather haha).

Last year my trip spanned 10/21 - 10/28. The 21st - 24th were pretty hot as well. The 25th forward cooled down significantly.
I know. I don’t know why I think it will be the same each year. We were there one December and sweating with temps in the 80’s all week and then the following year we went 3 weeks earlier in mid November and we wore a jacket every single day. My goal is to pick the earliest possible week in the fall that isn’t too hot. We are trying to avoid galaxys edge crowds

We were in WDW from October 10-21 and had a wonderful visit. As everyone has said ,it was HOT. Now I’m home and it’s 35 and I’d love to be in that “warm”. We stayed one night club level at Wilderness Lodge. It was the perfect start to a busy trip! The resort and pool are just beautiful and we really enjoyed being spoiled at the club!
We moved to Pop Century the next day and loved the new renovation there! The rooms are very nice! That is our favorite value resort and we weren’t disappointed.
The parks were all crazy busy but we managed to do everything we wanted with the help of fast passes!

A few thoughts on our trip:
1. The Halloween party was much more crowded than in the past! Less people would make for more fun! We did enjoy it and the parade and fireworks were great!
2. The ultimate tour at AK allowed us to do all of the attractions there in one evening.
3. We loved the Caring for Giants tour and learned a lot about the elephants that live there
4. We wouldn’t do the “after fireworks” dessert party at MK again. The before party is relaxed and fun but the after seemed rushed and desserts were not plentiful and were cleared before we were ready.

We had only good interactions with cast members! The only rudeness we saw was from other guests!

We landed 30 minutes early, hopped on DME which left right away, and are on our way to pop! I just got a text that our room isn’t ready so I hope one opens up when we get there!

For all those that are back, how was the temperature? Bearable?
So we were there October 14-October 20....the temperatures were very hot...in the 90s with heat indexes in the low 100s. We survived though and it was bearable. Planning the trip we did not expect it to be that warm which was why we picked October verses the summer even though it would have been more convenient for us to go in the summer.

So we were there October 14-October 20....the temperatures were very hot...in the 90s with heat indexes in the low 100s. We survived though and it was bearable. Planning the trip we did not expect it to be that warm which was why we picked October verses the summer even though it would have been more convenient for us to go in the summer.
So maybe it was just abnormally warm this year now that I’m hearing multiple people say this. Thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!