*** Official October 2018 Thread ***

55 Days until my sister & I leave for WDW. :yay: We are arriving on Oct. 11 and staying until Oct. 23. First time for us to stay for a few days at Saratoga Springs( 10/11-15) Then we are transferring over to Bay Lake Towers to a Grand Villa for the rest of our stay. 3 generations. 13 total with 2 at Pop Century for 5 days. Ages 2 -71 years young. pixiedust:

I got Dh to go through FPs with me tonight. I had him help me try to figure out what times we wanted things at. I know it's not his thing to plan for trips, but it was nice to not have to do it all by myself. We can make FPs in 6 days!

I got Dh to go through FPs with me tonight. I had him help me try to figure out what times we wanted things at. I know it's not his thing to plan for trips, but it was nice to not have to do it all by myself. We can make FPs in 6 days!

FP time is so time consuming and coordinating it is a nightmare sometime. We were able to get everything we wanted so we were happy. After getting back from Disneyland though I would say that the max pass is the greatest thing Disney could have ever done. It made my trip so great and we never waited in any line more then 10 minutes and rode every ride we go on in 2 days. I can't wait for our Disney World trip in October but I will miss the Max Pass. Have a great FP day in 5 days.

FP time is so time consuming and coordinating it is a nightmare sometime. We were able to get everything we wanted so we were happy. After getting back from Disneyland though I would say that the max pass is the greatest thing Disney could have ever done. It made my trip so great and we never waited in any line more then 10 minutes and rode every ride we go on in 2 days. I can't wait for our Disney World trip in October but I will miss the Max Pass. Have a great FP day in 5 days.
I think the max pass is awesome. We’ve never been to DL but it sounds like a really good idea and it’s not very expensive. I’ll try to let you know how our fp day goes. Hopefully no issues with stitch eating the page. I think I’ll be using my phone instead of my computer but will have both open as well as Dh helping out. We have fop on 60+5 and sdd 60+6 so I’m not too worried.

I just booked Port Orleans Riverside for 9 nights in a royal guest suite October 5-13. I let my daughter have her choice when it came to rooms. Yikes. However, I hear that our trip will really be determined on what days we go to what park... I have been told don't go to Epcot on the weekends because of F and W. Don't go to MK on Wednesdays. Is this right? Are there certain days to go to certain parks? I want to plan everything out because this will be our first vacation after my divorce, just on our own. I want everything to go well. Is there a certain day I should go to the Halloween Party? ANY help would be most appreciated! :love:

I don't really subscirbe to the "avoid x park on x day" theory, with the exception of Epcot during F&W on a Saturday. If you can avoid doing that, you should be good.

Easywdw recently had some good insight on looking at wait times from different days. There really isn't much of a difference for places like MK. Although, based off personal experience, all parks a busier on Saturdays. Epcot on a Saturday during F&W is a different animal, however.

I believe OP is going in 2019 so she still has plenty of time to prepare. It might almost be too early to do much right now in the way of preparation other than reading as much as she can.

180 days out is when you can book dining ADRs. So look into what restaurants and food interest you. 60 days out for Fast Passes. Pick them from most in demand ride to less demand ride. That’s basically when you decide what park on what day.

The dates for Halloween parties will be available in early summer. Usually it’s a Sunday, Tuesday and Friday.

Since you are going during hurricane season, may want to look into trip insurance.

Food & Wine is horribly crowded on Saturday night, I would avoid it. Daytime isn't bad. Party days are less crowded at MK but it closes early. Days without a party are very crowded because of the later close. Are you getting hoppers? That's the best way to hit the parks at less crowded times and move somewhere else later on.

Go ahead and download the MDE app to your phone. When your dates for next year roll around THIS year, check wait times several times a day to see what waits are like. Then start reading trip reports from the same time. That will give you first hand, very current information on what to expect and you can decide what will work for you.

Remember, there is a SLIGHT chance that the new Star Wars land will open in Studios. Right now, they're saying LATE fall, so probably not by October, but you never know, so keep an ear out on that announcement.

Honestly, you probably do want to avoid MK on the Wednesday it has EMH that week. I went in 2016 and it was insane. But as for the rest of the parks, I'm not sure it really matters.

I was able to grab a Slinky Dog on my preferred day (10/5), but it's smack in the middle of our MNSSHP time (7pm)! :headache: I have been trying to modify to an earlier time (morning or early afternoon, same day) with zero luck.

On the off chance that someone is hopping to HS in the afternoon and wants to trade a daytime FP (for 3 people) for my evening one :confused3, please let me know.

I was able to grab a Slinky Dog on my preferred day (10/5), but it's smack in the middle of our MNSSHP time (7pm)! :headache: I have been trying to modify to an earlier time (morning or early afternoon, same day) with zero luck.

On the off chance that someone is hopping to HS in the afternoon and wants to trade a daytime FP (for 3 people) for my evening one :confused3, please let me know.
Watch for hours changing because they might add FPS if they open the park earlier or extend hours

Watch for hours changing because they might add FPS if they open the park earlier or extend hours
Thanks, will do. I saw that they added EMM just the other day (not for our days). Hopefully more updates are coming soon.

Last edited:
Thanks, will do. I saw that they added EMM just the other day (not for our days). Hopefully more updates are coming soon.
I just realized they are going to have EMM on our planned HS day. Hopefully, it doesn't impact crowds too badly.

Fp day this morning and we were able to get everything we wanted near the times we wanted. It was really nice to have Dh helping this time around. I split our FPS in half so we each did some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter