*** Official October 2018 Thread ***

Of course my husband now decides that he wants to have diner at Ohana....130 days away. Let the constant checking begin!

I bet youll get something!! People are always dropping them, especially closer to the date you want. Even if you dont have one when leaving for your trip I would keep looking as people tend to drop them 24 hours in advance so they dont get charged

Put that touring plans reservation finder to work, you've got plenty of time to make it happen!
I wish I could buy stock in TouringPlans. LOL. I got a Be Our Guest reservation within hours of setting up an alert. I reset it to see how long it would take to get another alert (just for fun), and it was only a few days. It's an amazing tool!

We finally decided on our dates and hotel - We will be there 10/20-10/27, staying at All Star Music.

This will be our 3rd year in a row during the fall, and I think we're going to skip MNSSHP. It's great, but it's hard to justify the price again... would be $300 for us. I think I would rather do a dessert party on a non-party night, and just do MK on the party days and leave early and go relax at the hotel, or drop the kiddo off with my mother in law and go enjoy F&W fest.

Don't think I've chimed in yet: going on my 3rd solo trip from 10/22- 10/26, staying at Pop Century. It's my first time going in the Fall and I'm really excited. I plan on doing MNSSHP on 10/25 but haven't purchased tickets yet.

The only thing I'm sad about is that it's my shortest trip...I'd love to extend it by a night but I'm trying to make this a relatively cheap after a more-expensive-than-planned April trip.

Hello, :wave2:

Unfortunately, I am doing the "Unhappy Dance". The trip I have been planning for 3+ years is now being cancelled. I am having back surgery in the next couple of weeks. I came right out and asked my surgeon what I could ride a Disney and Universal by October. Since even a slow ride coming to an abrupt stop is "not recommended", the answer is pretty much nothing. :crutches: I will be cancelling ADRs and my reservations next week when I get my insurance company approval which since I can't walk is kind of a forgone conclusion at this point.

So please remove me from the list of attendees. :worried: I shall return!

My wife and I are going to be at BWV for our trip (missed that in my post). 9/28-10/4

Hello, :wave2:

Unfortunately, I am doing the "Unhappy Dance". The trip I have been planning for 3+ years is now being cancelled. I am having back surgery in the next couple of weeks. I came right out and asked my surgeon what I could ride a Disney and Universal by October. Since even a slow ride coming to an abrupt stop is "not recommended", the answer is pretty much nothing. :crutches: I will be cancelling ADRs and my reservations next week when I get my insurance company approval which since I can't walk is kind of a forgone conclusion at this point.

So please remove me from the list of attendees. :worried: I shall return!

So sorry to hear about your surgery but hopefully you'll be back on your feet and hitting the parks soon.

We just finished paying of the remaining balance on our trip and we booked our flights for 10/13 so we are officially done! Now just waiting for FastPass+ window and our Magic Bands to come in. October can't come soon enough!

I got my luggage tags today! Found it odd since its so far out. Also got an email about magic bands shipping? isnt that too early?

Did you already pick out your Magic Band colors or are they just sending the generic gray ones?

I got my luggage tags today! Found it odd since its so far out. Also got an email about magic bands shipping? isnt that too early?
That is early, I arrive before you and haven't received anything yet, Magicbands are usually around 26 days out. What does it say in your MDE where the countdown to customize the bands are? Does it show shipped there?

That is early, I arrive before you and haven't received anything yet, Magicbands are usually around 26 days out. What does it say in your MDE where the countdown to customize the bands are? Does it show shipped there?

No it still says I can customize them until September 18th wonder if the email was a mistake

We had a return flight booked leaving MCO at 6 am on Oct 6. It was the one thing I dreaded about the trip-getting up super early to leave. But it was what we could book with the Skymiles I had.

Good news. Delta cancelled it and put us on a flight more than 5 hours later. I am so relieved. 8 am Magic Express-much better than 3 am.

Pulled the trigger on a trip over Columbus Day holiday, as the SW fares went down. Going to be a mom/daughter jaunt; two days at UO and three at WDW. Going to be busy, but we are used to Easter crowds so all will be well. :)

Pulled the trigger on a trip over Columbus Day holiday, as the SW fares went down. Going to be a mom/daughter jaunt; two days at UO and three at WDW. Going to be busy, but we are used to Easter crowds so all will be well. :)

Even though it's a touch busy, it's a great time to go. We do the same thing, split 2 at Universal and 3 or 4 at Disney (3 this time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter