OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

@serenitygr btw I did stop by one night. You weren't there but I took this pic of your awesome decorations

View attachment 277494
I'm sorry we missed you, ruthies12! We went thru your loop a few times also but didn't see anyone home... there are really some awesome decorations in your loop tho!
Glad you got home safe, Ruthie.

Looks like a really nice last day at the Fort, Serenity! Weather looks gorgeous. How many days were you at the Fort including arrival day and departure day? I love a nicely long Fort trip. Really makes it feel like a getaway. Safe travels back home.
We arrived October 1st, and were going to leave tomorrow the 17th. But our daughter sadly woke up sick this morning, so we added one more night in hopes of her feeling a little better for the long drive home. Hopefully no one else will get sick before we make it back to Minnesota!

I took some pictures of the food truck today...
IMG_5163.JPG IMG_5164.JPG IMG_5165.JPG
Awesome food and super friendly people- we just loved it!

Then a few random Fort pictures....
IMG_5166.JPG
IMG_5169.JPG
IMG_5179.JPG
IMG_5183.JPG

We also ate at Trails End this afternoon for supper- that was wonderful! My favorites were the broccoli/ cheese soup, the fruit, and the salmon!
IMG_5172.JPG
IMG_5173.JPG

My daughter woke up sick today, and tonight she's still not feeling well at all. So we added one more night hoping she's a little better by Wednesday morning for the long trip home! Now here's hoping no one else gets it! Thankful at this point that joe is a truck driver and used to long days on the road, because we have 3 days to get to Minnesota!

Super excited, just booked 10/27-10/31, full hook up, the exact dates and type of site I wanted. Will call today to request the 1700 loop. Been trying for months and an early morning check this morning was the winner. Will be cancelling the premium site I have for 10/29-10/31 if anyone is still looking. Now I can officially start my packing list and getting stuff gathered together. We have annual passes so we may pop over to the parks, but no definite plans yet. Since we will be home for trick o treaters, may leave most of my decorations up at home, and just bring a few to the Fort. Also, my cart decorations I really wanted to do will have to be put on hold till next year when I have more time, but I will be decking her out in Halloween gear for the parade. See you all soon.

@serenitygr thank you for getting a picture of the menu. So sorry your girl is sick again today. Hopefully well soon! 16 nights! You got to "add a day". I love that :) That is a beautifully length stay! We will be staying 15 nights here in December. Sure going to miss reading your daily adventures. Sure hope your trip home is uneventful and a safe return.

Great for you on your dates @tltay2005!

Cant wait to get to the Fort! Arriving this Friday-Sunday, will anyone we watching the PSU vs. Michigan Game? Looking for some fellow CFB fans to enjoy the game with!

Cant wait to get to the Fort! Arriving this Friday-Sunday, will anyone we watching the PSU vs. Michigan Game? Looking for some fellow CFB fans to enjoy the game with!

michiganfanmickeyPROOF-1024x748.jpg

Of course we will be watching....could even drive up to tailgate at PSU. As you can see even Mickey says "Go Blue !!"

Super excited, just booked 10/27-10/31, full hook up, the exact dates and type of site I wanted. Will call today to request the 1700 loop. Been trying for months and an early morning check this morning was the winner. Will be cancelling the premium site I have for 10/29-10/31 if anyone is still looking. Now I can officially start my packing list and getting stuff gathered together. We have annual passes so we may pop over to the parks, but no definite plans yet. Since we will be home for trick o treaters, may leave most of my decorations up at home, and just bring a few to the Fort. Also, my cart decorations I really wanted to do will have to be put on hold till next year when I have more time, but I will be decking her out in Halloween gear for the parade. See you all soon.

Glad to hear you got in Terri. You are proof that somebody can piece together a reservation day-or-two-by-day if they keep checking. See you there.

But in serenitygr's picture of the campfire area, I was not aware the old log benches and backs were no longer there. Has that happened in the last several months or was I asleep at the pc and just missed that piece of news? :surfweb:

Bama Ed

Sammi is feeling a little better! And so far no one else is sick so hopefully we can stay that way. Sammi and I rode our bikes to the lake this evening to fill our cups one more time- now it's 7pm and we're all down at the pool! Almost no one is here right now....
IMG_5186.JPG
IMG_5187.JPG
IMG_5200.PNG
IMG_5204.JPG

Notice the photo bomber? lol that's our oldest Korey :goodvibes:goodvibes

Planning to do the last laundry soon- possibly watch the movie, and go down to the beach for the boat parade and fireworks... I've been saying goodbye today to this place that I love so much- my heart is sad and I already miss so many things here, but am trying to think ahead to next year!

On a happy note- the hallmark countdown to Christmas will start this coming weekend! My kids and I usually sit down every night and watch a Christmas movie and bake some cookies- cuddle our dogs- and have a fire in the fireplace, so that's something to look forward to! Just to give you an idea....
IMG_2994.JPG

And here's home before the snow comes ( within the next month)...
IMG_1434.JPG

And here's my little girl crystal that I'm bringing next year!
IMG_4239.JPG
That's all for now! I'll keep everyone posted when we make it home! I'll really miss doing this report- it's been so much fun! Thank you to everyone who's been reading along, and for those of you lucky enough to still be coming in during October- be sure to keep us updated as much as you can! As for us- we'll see everyone next year!

We arrive on Saturday and I was wondering how does the security work from the Fort now? I enjoy seeing everyones posts so far!!:thanks:

That's all for now! I'll keep everyone posted when we make it home! I'll really miss doing this report- it's been so much fun! Thank you to everyone who's been reading along.
Thanks for posting. It helps get over the post trip lows. It's fun seeing all the things we didn't get a chance to do.

We arrive on Saturday and I was wondering how does the security work from the Fort now? I enjoy seeing everyones posts so far!!:thanks:
Lokin,

Security is by Magic Band once you've checked in. There is a guard gate when you turn in. The first time in, they will ask your name and direct you towards the drive through lanes or the Outpost to check in. After that, there is a bypass lane with a gate that will open with your bands.

"Lokin" forward to following along on your trip. Thanks for letting is join your fun.

j

Thanks for posting. It helps get over the post trip lows. It's fun seeing all the things we didn't get a chance to do.

Lokin,

Security is by Magic Band once you've checked in. There is a guard gate when you turn in. The first time in, they will ask your name and direct you towards the drive through lanes or the Outpost to check in. After that, there is a bypass lane with a gate that will open with your bands.

"Lokin" forward to following along on your trip. Thanks for letting is join your fun.

j

Teambur,
I didn't describe my question well enough sorry :confused3 What I meant was security into the Magic Kingdom from the Fort now. I read they had changed the process for all the areas now.:)

Teambur,
I didn't describe my question well enough sorry :confused3 What I meant was security into the Magic Kingdom from the Fort now. I read they had changed the process for all the areas now.:)
Simple from the Fort- you just go thru security right as you go off the dock, if I’m remembering correctly!

I wouldn't say "much quicker". It depends on how many lanes they are staffing. There are separate security points for the ferry crowd and the buses/boats. Monorail resort guests get checked at the resorts before they get on.

j

I wouldn't say "much quicker". It depends on how many lanes they are staffing. There are separate security points for the ferry crowd and the buses/boats. Monorail resort guests get checked at the resorts before they get on.

j
For us it was never more than a 30-60 second wait :goodvibes

For us it was never more than a 30-60 second wait :goodvibes
We must have been dealing with post hurricane reschedules. I was hoping for the 3-4 crowds the way the estimators said, but most days felt like 6-7 days. I didn't have a bag, so I could get through pretty quick, but DW and DS usually had a bag and it could be 5 minutes or so. Not terrible, but longer than I would have expected for the end of September.

j

Last edited:
We just returned from WDW and I would say that the security checkpoints that effect the MK are actually better and more efficient. You are checked as you exit the dock from the Fort boat. If it is a full boat, it may take a little longer but still not bad. You do get checked at the monorail resorts before boarding the monorails which again makes getting into the MK quicker after exiting the monorails. Security checks at HS, AK and Epcot are the same. The one thing I liked about moving the security checkpoints out from the MK is simply the aesthetics of not having that mass of people and security checkpoint and metal detectors right in front of the MK entrance. IMO

Steve

Picking my camper up tomorrow from having the slide repaired. We will be chasing BamaEd on Saturday I guess. Made a candy run today. With 1200 pieces I might have enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter