*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

Does anyone have any idea of what Frozen Dessert Party dates might be? I know it's only a few nights each week and not released yet for 2018, but does evening EMH play a factor at all? Like if they have EMH, then we can bank on no dessert party offered, etc? Complicated scheduling with two intertwining groups. Thanks!

@Newsies, Please add me to the roll call! 11/21-25. Sleeping at Pop, Tuesday night the 20th, but I'm not really counting that. Our flight gets in after midnight. Staying 4 nights at POFQ. This is our first November trip. We had wanted to try to bridge the end of F&W and beginning of Christmas, but my DD cannot take the time off from work. We were originally going to wait and go in November 2019 because there would be so much new stuff, but we decided what we really wanted was a relaxing, soak up the magic trip. Without our spouses, we can stay in the Christmas shop as long as we want to! :) Plus, we won't have the pressure of getting certain FPs or ADRs. The last trip, I was really exhausted from all the stress of planning! I have been planning trips for years and love doing it, but this last time I felt more pressure and that took away from the fun.
For all of you experienced November people, any advice? We've been there the week after Christmas, are the crowds equal to that? Where do you eat on Thanksgiving? We were thinking of doing something totally not traditional, like Teppan Edo. (never been there) Or maybe go somewhere in DS. What's the weather like? I told my DD not to pack a fan mister for this trip. :) Hope I'm right about it not being too hot! TIA for any tips!

Last edited:
@Newsies, Please add me to the roll call! 11/21-25. Sleeping at Pop, Tuesday night the 20th, but I'm not really counting that. Our flight gets in after midnight. Staying 4 nights at POFQ. This is our first November trip. We had wanted to try to bridge the end of F&W and beginning of Christmas, but my DD cannot take the time off from work. We were originally going to wait and go in November 2019 because there would be so much new stuff, but we decided what we really wanted was a relaxing, soak up the magic trip. Without our spouses, we can stay in the Christmas shop as long as we want to! :) Plus, we won't have the pressure of getting certain FPs or ADRs. The last trip, I was really exhausted from all the stress of planning! I have been planning trips for years and love doing it, but this last time I felt more pressure and that took away from the fun.
For all of you experienced November people, any advice? We've been there the week after Christmas, are the crowds equal to that? Where do you eat on Thanksgiving? We were thinking of doing something totally not traditional, like Teppan Edo. (never been there) Or maybe go somewhere in DS. What's the weather like? I told my DD not to pack a fan mister for this trip. :) Hope I'm right about it not being too hot! TIA for any tips!

We love Boma for Thanksgiving dinner. We usually visit either Thanksgiving or the beginning of Dec every few years. I know things can change but we have been very lucky on our trips with pretty good weather where it has been a little cool in the morning and evening and 70s or 80s during the day.

We have gone for past couple of years for TG and had dinner at various places including SciFi drive in and Whispering Canyon for traditional dinner which was fantastic

We love Boma for Thanksgiving dinner. We usually visit either Thanksgiving or the beginning of Dec every few years. I know things can change but we have been very lucky on our trips with pretty good weather where it has been a little cool in the morning and evening and 70s or 80s during the day.
Good thing I went on MDE last night after reading someone, maybe you?, recommend Boma in the earlier pages of this thread. ( I am trying to catch up!) There were only 2 seating times left, 5:55 and 9ish. I would have preferred to go earlier, but took the 5:55 gladly. We might be able to modify it when it's closer.
In addition to the Thanksgiving food, do they still have their regular choices, like zebra domes, soups, and some yummy vegetarian dishes? We didn't go last trip and my DD and I really missed it! Thanks for the recommendation!

Good thing I went on MDE last night after reading someone, maybe you?, recommend Boma in the earlier pages of this thread. ( I am trying to catch up!) There were only 2 seating times left, 5:55 and 9ish. I would have preferred to go earlier, but took the 5:55 gladly. We might be able to modify it when it's closer.
In addition to the Thanksgiving food, do they still have their regular choices, like zebra domes, soups, and some yummy vegetarian dishes? We didn't go last trip and my DD and I really missed it! Thanks for the recommendation!

Yes it was probably me who mentioned it. Glad you got the ADR. They do have the regular choices along with some things for Thanksgiving and that is why we enjoy it.

Very excited trip 11/28 - 12/4. It's my son's senior year mom/son trip to Disney. Sad part is I was unable to find a place in Disney to stay. Going to have to stay nearby!! But that's ok...rope drop to the last song here we come.

My daughter and I will be at Saratoga Springs from 11/24 - 11/30. We are both super excited about our first visit for the holiday season. We have MVMCP tickets booked for 11/29 and are planning to do a tour of some of the resorts to see the Christmas trees. We also have the UnDISCOVERed Future World tour booked and plan to spend the rest of that day at Festival of the Holidays at Epcot. If anybody who is used to travelling at this time of year has any hints and tips or recommendations, I would love to hear them

@Newsies
We will be there Nov 3-17, doing a split stay. Nov 3-10 we'll be offsite renting a large house with extended family. Nov 10-17, we'll be at All Star Music with the Traveling Homeschoolers.

I had posted when we were just getting started planning. I never did say when we finally decided on our dates and resort. So please add us to the roll!! We will be there the 26-1 and staying at the CBR. It will be my DH and myself with our 4 kids (8,5,3 & 16 months.) It is a family trip with Dh’s parents and sis, bil, and their 5 and 1 year old. They are staying offsite.
We haven’t been able to get any reservations for all 12 of us and only one at CR for 6.

I booked a FD trip at Sports for 11/25-11/30!!!! Still have a lot of plan juggling to do before this trip. It may be the first trip with just me and DW - NO KIDS!!! It will be rough as DD is my ride buddy. There is a chance a work buddy will be there and we can hook up for the rides. I am planning on doing all 4 parks one day. I realized it will be so easy to do this by myself but I would be lonely....

Very excited trip 11/28 - 12/4. It's my son's senior year mom/son trip to Disney. Sad part is I was unable to find a place in Disney to stay. Going to have to stay nearby!! But that's ok...rope drop to the last song here we come.

Welcome one and all to the roll call! So sorry for the delay in adding-- I don't always get notifications for this thread!

Just booked Nov 3-13 for myself and my 4 year old daughter. I got to take her older sister for a mommy daughter trip so now it's her turn. She gets all kinds of fired up about this stuff so I am excited by her excitement :) never been this early in Nov. I know it will be the half marathon, end of wine festival and Jersey week. I'm a little worried. Last year pop Warner descended on us much earlier than their competition was supposed to start and really messed up the end of our big family trip so I'm just hoping it won't be bad bad.

Just booked Nov 3-13 for myself and my 4 year old daughter. I got to take her older sister for a mommy daughter trip so now it's her turn. She gets all kinds of fired up about this stuff so I am excited by her excitement :) never been this early in Nov. I know it will be the half marathon, end of wine festival and Jersey week. I'm a little worried. Last year pop Warner descended on us much earlier than their competition was supposed to start and really messed up the end of our big family trip so I'm just hoping it won't be bad bad.

Welcome to the roll call!!!

We have gone at that time before & it was fine! I would recommend not planning to go to Epcot on any weekend days.

I did a search for your dates and there is still tons of availability at each resort level.

I have been posting to find a studio on the rent dvc board but nothing was available. For the price I ended up renting at a closeby resort 6 miles away. A lot more reasonable but it is always nice staying on disney property just due to convienence.

I’m still obsessively checked by to see if tier 1 dinner reservations are being held back or not. No clear answer means my obsession can continue. Passes the time nicely until FP time.

I have been posting to find a studio on the rent dvc board but nothing was available. For the price I ended up renting at a closeby resort 6 miles away. A lot more reasonable but it is always nice staying on disney property just due to convienence.

Oh ok. That makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!