OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Been here since Friday. It's been busy, but we've done ok by being at park openings and using FP- and being flexible. Seeing all of the Dapper Day people has been fun!

Are the Rose Gold ears still there?

I have not seen them since Saturday the 11th. There is a rose gold ears watch thread that people are posting in to let others know when they see them. It’s where I’ve been referring people who are on the hunt. I saw a lot of people over the last week with them, but they are tapering down now so I imagine there aren’t any in stock currently.

I’m close to selling mine to the next person who asks about them because they are so painful! Also I thought I looked carefully, but they are pretty shoddily made. Mine are already falling apart.

Got home this afternoon, we had a fantastic week! The weather was beautiful except for Sunday and Monday, but it was only a little drizzle. The evenings were a little chilly sometimes. I was still fine in a t-shirt and shorts, but we had sweatshirts for the kids and that was fine. Crowds were incredibly light most of the week, especially at Epcot on Wednesday. We were able to ride test track and soarin twice, FEA with a fast pass, anna and elsa meet with about a 15 minute wait, and everything else was walk on. We even picked up an illuminations fast pass late in the day.

My biggest regret was doing CRT during the Christmas party. We didn't get to MK as early as i wanted because of transportation issues. We got there around 5, met Elena with a 30 minute wait, then went to CRT for our 5:55 reservation. The dinner took 2 hours (more than 30 minutes just waiting for our table). After CRT we did the frozen show, parade, and fireworks. After the fireworks, the kids were done. So we didnt have any time to ride rides or try any of the treats, plus the crowds at the main hub were horrific. I should have planned that night much better.

I also will never go to Disney without renting a car. I found transportation very frustrating, especially when there are any tranfers involved. Even when we tried to Uber, the closest vehicles were 20+ minutes away, if there were any available at all. The time saved by driving would easily pay for itself.

Crowds were definitely much heavier yesterday at MK. We were happy to pick up Happy Birthday Mickey pins though and enjoy a few rides with FP.

Have fun to everyone there now and traveling soon. Hope you have a vacation full of magical memories!

2 more sleeps and we'll be on our way... But just like the commercial says "I'm too excited to sleep!"

I have a question. Does anyone know who I talk to. We had a CRT on 11/12 for my daughter’s birthday. I was told I could have my annual pass discount applied that the restaurant. I gave my card to the CM and she said it would appear as a refund the next day. Well it’s a week later and nothing. I got the impression from her that she thought I was ridiculous for wanting it as “It’s only 10%”. That restaurant is pretty expensive and 10% is actually a decent amount. Plus I got the AP in part for discounts. Why wouldn’t I want to use it?

I have to say we’ve had some excellent CMs, but the bad ones are really leaving an awful taste in my mouth. Pecos Bill yesterday was the worst. I’m not the “I want a manager” type, but that CM made me so mad. Again though I have no idea who to talk to so I tried to turn my day around and let it go.

Last edited:
I have a question. Does anyone know who I talk to. We had a CRT on 11/12 for my daughters birthday. I was told I could have my annual pass discount applied that the restaurant. I gave my card to the CM and she said it would appear as a refund the next day. Well it’s a week later and nothing. I got the impression from her that she thought I was ridiculous for wanting it as “It’s only 10%”. That restaurant pretty expensive and 10% is actually a decent amount. Plus I got the AP in part for discounts. Why wouldn’t I want to use it?

I have to say we’ve had some excellent CMs, but the bad ones are really leaving an awful taste in my mouth. Pecos Bill yesterday was the worst. I’m not the “I want a manager” type, but that CM made me so mad. Again though I have no idea who to talk to so I tried to turn my day around.

Guest relations in City Hall is where I would go. They were super helpful and friendly when I needed to get my parking reimbursed.

Is it possible to go somewhere else? Yesterday was our last MK day. My daughter’s ticket is only one park per day. She isn’t old enough to be left alone while I go in and try to resolve this.

Got home this afternoon, we had a fantastic week! The weather was beautiful except for Sunday and Monday, but it was only a little drizzle. The evenings were a little chilly sometimes. I was still fine in a t-shirt and shorts, but we had sweatshirts for the kids and that was fine. Crowds were incredibly light most of the week, especially at Epcot on Wednesday. We were able to ride test track and soarin twice, FEA with a fast pass, anna and elsa meet with about a 15 minute wait, and everything else was walk on. We even picked up an illuminations fast pass late in the day.

My biggest regret was doing CRT during the Christmas party. We didn't get to MK as early as i wanted because of transportation issues. We got there around 5, met Elena with a 30 minute wait, then went to CRT for our 5:55 reservation. The dinner took 2 hours (more than 30 minutes just waiting for our table). After CRT we did the frozen show, parade, and fireworks. After the fireworks, the kids were done. So we didnt have any time to ride rides or try any of the treats, plus the crowds at the main hub were horrific. I should have planned that night much better.

I also will never go to Disney without renting a car. I found transportation very frustrating, especially when there are any tranfers involved. Even when we tried to Uber, the closest vehicles were 20+ minutes away, if there were any available at all. The time saved by driving would easily pay for itself.

Crowds were definitely much heavier yesterday at MK. We were happy to pick up Happy Birthday Mickey pins though and enjoy a few rides with FP.

Have fun to everyone there now and traveling soon. Hope you have a vacation full of magical memories!

Where did you watch the first parade from/how early did you get there? We are going on 11/28 with a 5yo and 2yo. I know they won't make it much past the fireworks so the second parade isn't an option for us...

Man, I keep missing them! I'm desparately trying to get BOG lunch on 11/28. I'll keep looking!

SAME! We can do a BOG dinner most nights that we are there (11/24-12/1) and I keep missing them all!!!!!!

Just missed a CRT Lunch that I wanted. Became available @ 2am, didn't see it until 5am. Maybe tonight I'll make sure my phone is turned all the way up.

I did that last night and plan on keeping it turned up ha ha ha

I did book a 1900 Park Fare and a CRT so I have some back-ups but I'd rather a BOG dinner! My daughter LOVES the Beast.

I'm trying to get a BOG lunch 11am-noon on 11/28 for a party of 5. Fingers crossed!

Would a lunch around 2pm be too late? I have one booked for my cousin but since I booked BOG dinner, I think they are going to want to cancel the lunch.

I have a question. Does anyone know who I talk to. We had a CRT on 11/12 for my daughters birthday. I was told I could have my annual pass discount applied that the restaurant. I gave my card to the CM and she said it would appear as a refund the next day. Well it’s a week later and nothing. I got the impression from her that she thought I was ridiculous for wanting it as “It’s only 10%”. That restaurant pretty expensive and 10% is actually a decent amount. Plus I got the AP in part for discounts. Why wouldn’t I want to use it?

I have to say we’ve had some excellent CMs, but the bad ones are really leaving an awful taste in my mouth. Pecos Bill yesterday was the worst. I’m not the “I want a manager” type, but that CM made me so mad. Again though I have no idea who to talk to so I tried to turn my day around.

That's annoying. And 10% of CRT is a lot of money. I have an AP and I make sure I get my .80 or whatever it is off a coffee at Joffrey's so I'd definitely be upset about not getting it for CRT. There are Guest servcies in all the parks and I would check there.

I did that last night and plan on keeping it turned up ha ha ha

I did book a 1900 Park Fare and a CRT so I have some back-ups but I'd rather a BOG dinner! My daughter LOVES the Beast.

I'm trying to book a CRT and have a BOG dinner for a backup. Well I have a 4 person CRT dinner booked but I need it for 5 and have not been able to get that extra person on.

Would a lunch around 2pm be too late? I have one booked for my cousin but since I booked BOG dinner, I think they are going to want to cancel the lunch.

Probably wont work with the parade being at 2pm. If it is a little after, like 2:30 that may work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter