Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

Does it have to be from your room? We have so many early mornings and late nights I am not sure we will be in the room much during the hours to book.
You may also call 1-407-939-1923 but it must be during your stay. I believe you will need to provide your reservation number also to prove that you’re checked in. Not positive about that though. I just know they do confirm you have actually arrived and taken occupancy if your room.

I'm new to Bounceback offers, so forgive the ignorance, but does this mean that if you are in WDW from November 1 through the end of the year that this offer won't apply to you? If so, does Disney usually offer a bounceback for WDW visitors in those months?

I'm new to Bounceback offers, so forgive the ignorance, but does this mean that if you are in WDW from November 1 through the end of the year that this offer won't apply to you? If so, does Disney usually offer a bounceback for WDW visitors in those months?

Yes, there will most likely be a room discount bounceback offer after this one expires.

IMPORTANT:

I just wanted to post an explanation for those who have been reading the two separate bounceback threads and are surprised to find them combined into a single thread. I have merged the two threads at the request of the webmaster. I understand that there was a long-standing bounceback FAQ thread for questions and answers about bounceback offers, and a recently created watch thread for current bounceback offers. At some point, the watch thread became a second Q&A thread, and that became confusing for posters, so we're merging the two.

It's OK to have both a watch thread for current offers and a FAQ/Q&A thread. I'd even argue that it makes sense to organize things that way. But having two competing Q&A threads is just going to get confusing.

Thanks,
Lynne

Question on the bounce back offer for Free Dining in 2020. If my family books a Disney hotel through Orbitz and not directly through Disney will it still qualify for being able to receive the free dining bounce back? I've looked at the dates for our October weekend through Disney and they have no values open. We did find All Star Music and All Star Sports open through Orbitz. Any help or past experience with this will be most helpful.

Question on the bounce back offer for Free Dining in 2020. If my family books a Disney hotel through Orbitz and not directly through Disney will it still qualify for being able to receive the free dining bounce back? I've looked at the dates for our October weekend through Disney and they have no values open. We did find All Star Music and All Star Sports open through Orbitz. Any help or past experience with this will be most helpful.

Yes. It just matters that you're staying on site, not where you got the reservation. 👍

As long as you're staying at a Disney hotel, that's all that matters! I booked last October off Priceline and was able to book a bounceback for this year during that stay.

Just a point of clarification, you need to be staying at a Disney Resort to qualify, not just visiting a park.

So excited! We've never booked a bounceback offer but will be down in two weeks. Looks like we'll be taking our first CHRISTMAS TRIP!! Just a quick question, what's the cancellation policy? There are a few moving parts to this and we likely won't be sure if we can go until sometime next year. Can we book the bounceback on our upcoming trip, and cancel and get all our money back say, next summer? And a follow-up, is there any way to estimate pricing? Would it be safe to say we can check the Disney site for rack rates for our dates and add the 4-day hoppers to get a pretty good estimate?

So excited! We've never booked a bounceback offer but will be down in two weeks. Looks like we'll be taking our first CHRISTMAS TRIP!! Just a quick question, what's the cancellation policy? There are a few moving parts to this and we likely won't be sure if we can go until sometime next year. Can we book the bounceback on our upcoming trip, and cancel and get all our money back say, next summer? And a follow-up, is there any way to estimate pricing? Would it be safe to say we can check the Disney site for rack rates for our dates and add the 4-day hoppers to get a pretty good estimate?

Hi, cancellation terms for packages (such as Free Dining) are 30-days. From the FAQ:

What are the deposit and cancellation terms for bouncebacks?
  • For room-only reservations, it's one night deposit with a 5-day cancellation.
  • For packages, it's a $200 deposit and a 30-day cancellation.
    You must pay a deposit at the time of reservation.
  • Regular cancellation schedules and fees apply

To estimate pricing:
Price out your package with room and tickets for your dates. Price should be that, but you will get dining. If you need to upgrade dining, you need to add the difference between dining packages (you can estimate the difference by pricing out your package with you upgraded dining and subtracting the pricing with the included dining).

Okay, I tried searching this thread but had no luck...

We're going in September. We are planning on buying annual passes at that time. If we have annual passes, and the bounceback requires the purchase of a 4 day hopper would we have to buy tickets to book a bounce back?

Clueless in CT

We're going in September. We are planning on buying annual passes at that time. If we have annual passes, and the bounceback requires the purchase of a 4 day hopper would we have to buy tickets to book a bounce back?

Clueless in CT
Yes, you would need to purchase a minimum of a 4 day ticket with park hopper option to qualify for the FD offer.

If you purchase APs in September and go back while your APs are still valid, you can go to guest services and ask them to put your 4 day passes on your account after your APs so when you enter the parks you are not using up your 4 day passes.

Just a heads up that the 4 day passes will have an expiry date. If you don't end up using them before the expiry date they are still valid and worth the amount you paid, you would just need to pay the difference between what you paid and what the value of the passes are at the time you go to use them.

Just a thought, before you upgrade to APs you may wish to run your numbers. My DD and I went to Disney 3 times in a 1 year period and even though those trips included 19 days in the parks, it was still a better deal for us to keep the tickets as they were as 2/3 of those trips were Free Dining trips and it was a $400 savings for us to pay for the park passes and get the free dining.

Clueless in CT
Yes, you would need to purchase a minimum of a 4 day ticket with park hopper option to qualify for the FD offer.

If you purchase APs in September and go back while your APs are still valid, you can go to guest services and ask them to put your 4 day passes on your account after your APs so when you enter the parks you are not using up your 4 day passes.

Just a heads up that the 4 day passes will have an expiry date. If you don't end up using them before the expiry date they are still valid and worth the amount you paid, you would just need to pay the difference between what you paid and what the value of the passes are at the time you go to use them.

Just a thought, before you upgrade to APs you may wish to run your numbers. My DD and I went to Disney 3 times in a 1 year period and even though those trips included 19 days in the parks, it was still a better deal for us to keep the tickets as they were as 2/3 of those trips were Free Dining trips and it was a $400 savings for us to pay for the park passes and get the free dining.
This! 👆 The terms for the Free Dining package offer are what they are. You will need to include at least 4 nights and at least 4 days of tickets with Hopper option. You can save your tickets for a future trip and pay the difference to change them to the new dates.. If they expire, you can still get credit for what you paid towards a new ticket, but you are responsible for keeping track of those tickets. I am personally not a huge fan of tying up hundreds of dollars on tickets that may need the intervention of a CM to be upgraded to new dates and that could potentially expire before I can use them, and that I would need to keep track of them. For that reason, I completely agree with @scrappinginontario that it makes sense to see which offer would probably save your family the most.

How much would FD save you on your future trip? How much would you save in your trips within the next year with your AP? Room discounts are never guaranteed and some dates and weekends have been excluded, but we did see as much as 35-40% room discounts with APs this year for some resorts, some rooms and some dates, and you can also get 10% off TS dining and the option to buy the TiW card for $150, which gives you 20% off dining and alcohol. You would need to check if the costs for your trips with upgrading your tickets to AP, including the 10-20% dining discount and the 5-10% additional room discount is a better or worse offer than the FD discount purchasing new Hoppers on your trip for next year.

Some quick numbers for reference:
The QSDP "value" for Values and Mods is $55 per person/per night.
The DDP "value" for Deluxe and Deluxe Villas is $78 per person/per night.

HTH!

I read the first post I didn't know read all the comments to see if this has been asked. The last day in sept free dining is Sept 12 so if you check in on the 12th for a week do you get it for the whole stay or just the 12th?

I read the first post I didn't know read all the comments to see if this has been asked. The last day in sept free dining is Sept 12 so if you check in on the 12th for a week do you get it for the whole stay or just the 12th?
Free dining is a package, so if you check in on September 12th, you receive free dining for your entire stay.

The Bouncebacks that are room discounts are per night. If a night is included, it will be discounted. Excluded nights are at rack rate.

It feels so good to know, even before this trip has happened, that we are probably going to book another one for 2020. YAY!!! Free Dining is the only way for us - especially with the Canadian dollar.
May I ask...as a Canadian, is it worth it to book the FD with full price tickets? I wonder if the discount on tickets for Canadians, assuming they offer it, makes it more worth it to book a room discount and cheaper tickets vs free dining?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!