"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are driving to Disney so we will have our car. We are staying at All star music and are attending the MVmCP on 12/17. Should we plan to ride the bus or drive our car. I know normally the bus would be quicker to MK as you bypass the TTC but will the buses be overloaded too? Thanks! One day!!!!

Looks like tonight's party is showing up as sold out. Hope everyone who's going tonight enjoys the festivities! We're going the 21st which doesn't look like it's sold out yet, but I won't be surprised if it does.

We are driving to Disney so we will have our car. We are staying at All star music and are attending the MVmCP on 12/17. Should we plan to ride the bus or drive our car. I know normally the bus would be quicker to MK as you bypass the TTC but will the buses be overloaded too? Thanks! One day!!!!

If it were me I would take the bus. Just be sure to arrive at the bus stop with plenty of time to get to MK. Even on a busy day I feel buses are less chaotic than dealing with TTC.

So excited as we fly out super early Sunday morning and will be at our first ever Christmas party on the 17th!! We have waited so long for this trip and praying for safe travels and that no one is triggered by crowds ha!! Don't want to see confrontations by adults acting like children and it ruin our magic! So appreciate every poster that has contributed to this thread to help with our planning. I know we would have been lost without all this great info!!

We had an amazing time at the Christmas party tonight (the 15th)! Today was my birthday which made it all the more special. While waiting for the bus to Magic Kingdom, a kind lady gave us three paper fast passes for MK (!!!! THANK YOU KIND LADY)

- Got to MK at 1pm, grabbed food from Pecos Bill and watched the 2pm Fantasy Parade front row
- Used 1st paper fast pass for Big Thunder Mountain (posted 55 min wait)
- Took the train to fantasyland in order to make our first actual fast pass for Buzz Lightyear
- Used 2nd paper fast pass to ride Space Mountain (posted 90 min wait)
- Rode Astro Orbitor, posted 25 min wait but was actually only 10 min
- Went back to fantasyland, used 3rd paper fast pass for Seven Drawfs Mine Train (posted 100 min wait)
- Used actual 2nd fast pass to ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train again (!!! amazing)
- Re-scheduled 3rd fast pass for It's A Small World
- Had 5pm birthday dinner at Be Our Guest, got my request of the West Wing granted. Dinner was AMAZING. We had the grey stuff.
- Finished dinner right as party was starting at 7pm. Went to Big Top Souvenirs to get the party exclusive shirts.
- Porcelain ornament is officially sold out. :(
- We managed to hit every single treat station on our way over to Liberty Square.
- Watched the Frozen castle lighting from the hub.
- Stopped to watch the first parade in Frontierland, had no problem grabbing a front spot.
- Continued on for the last treat, the pretzel at Tortuga. Mom met Jack Sparrow which is all she has talked about for the last 10 days.
- Went to the grassy area in the hub right in front of Casey's to watch Holiday Wishes. Everyone stayed seated and had a great view.
- Rode Pirates of the Caribbean after the fireworks, walk on.
- Did some shopping on main street.
- Rode the Speedway cars in Tomorrowland, walk on.
- Went back to the hub to watch the final showing of Merriest Christmas show at the castle, hardly anyone left at that point. Only downside was a kid up front wouldn't put down his balloon so it blocked the view of many, including us. Boo. Still a great finale for the night, though.

Ending notes: For a sold out party, it never felt over crowded. This was our first party ever, so we had nothing to compare it to. Got every single treat and saw every single show. We are not huge fans of characters (other than Mom's obsession with Jack Sparrow, which was accomplished easily). Going to the Magic Kingdom early let us get all the rides done before the party started so the night never felt rushed. We had an amazing time!

Thanks for the detailed review!

Just want to confirm....ALL of these treats were offered at the dessert party?!

Yes, albeit with minor differences from the regular versions. For example, the Jack cake was in a cup instead of being a push pop, but it was the same cake and still had the Jack topper on it and the red velvet Mickey waffles were on a tray for you to add ice cream to yourself.

Last edited:

Yes, albeit with minor differences from the regular versions. For example, the Jack cake was in a cup instead of being a push pop, but it was the same cake and still had the Jack topper on it and the red velvet Mickey waffles were on a tray for you to add ice cream to yourself.
Thank you!

We attended on the 14th and that was my first and last.

Just not my thing and I didn't find it particularly "Christmasy". I can see how if you are hunting rare characters it could be a good thing.

I found DHS to be better decorated and have more of a Christmas feel and the entertainment at Epcot for the holidays which is included in your ticket to be much better.

Went to our first ever party on December 12 (my birthday). Got there a little after 5, due to horrible bus service from Caribbean Beach. They routed us to the right once we got in and we got a Santa cookie right off. The snacks were #1 on the list for my daughter and son-in-law. We rode
Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain,
Tomorrowland Speedway, Seven Dwarves Mine(walked right on), watched the Mickey show, then Elsa’s show, rode Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, then watched the Fireworks and did some shopping. We could have ridden more, but the snack hunting slowed us down. Didn’t see any characters, but that wasn’t a big deal to us this time. We will definitely do the party again, if we ever get to come back at Christmas again.

Last night’s party was sold-out but didn’t feel crowded to us...no issues finding spots to watch early parade outside of Hall of Presidents and fireworks in the Hub. We didn’t do any character meets though and had fast passes for POTC, HM and JC ahead of party hours. We wandered, enjoyed treats, took in a few attractions...we’ve been to MVMCP several times and this was an easy pace party for us. The fireworks were stunning and hope to see them again from the Poly Beach tomorrow night. I watched the castle lighting at 6:15 on my own at the Hub just at the Adventureland edge, and that was very special to see. All in all, we would go again and since this was our only park visit this trip, we felt it was well worth it. Also managed to snag some MVMCP merchandise at discounted prices, that was a nice and unexpected surprise.

Last night’s party was sold-out but didn’t feel crowded to us...no issues finding spots to watch early parade outside of Hall of Presidents and fireworks in the Hub. We didn’t do any character meets though and had fast passes for POTC, HM and JC ahead of party hours. We wandered, enjoyed treats, took in a few attractions...we’ve been to MVMCP several times and this was an easy pace party for us. The fireworks were stunning and hope to see them again from the Poly Beach tomorrow night. I watched the castle lighting at 6:15 on my own at the Hub just at the Adventureland edge, and that was very special to see. All in all, we would go again and since this was our only park visit this trip, we felt it was well worth it. Also managed to snag some MVMCP merchandise at discounted prices, that was a nice and unexpected surprise.
Where did you find the discounted merchandise? We're going to this Thursday's party. I was hoping to pick up the ornament, but heard they're sold out :( I was debating on picking something up at the party as a momento, but we're going back in May so I'm not sure if I should wait and check out the character warehouse.

The smaller porcelain ornament is definitely sold out, we checked all five stores on Friday night. They did have some of the much larger glass ones though.

Attended party on 12/15 according to announcement at 6 it was a sold out event. We had a great night we did not do any characters since it was just us two. But we rode POTC, jingle cruise, HM, all with no wait our longest waits were space mountain, big thunder mountain and mine train all three were 30 min waits but seemed to move quicker. We watched parade in Frontierland right next to Peco's Bills had front row. We decided to find a spot in the Hub Area for fireworks and also had a great view from where we were standing. We left a little after fireworks. The Bus service to Disney Springs Hotels were a little slow and buses seemed full we had to wait for 2 buses until we could get on. But all in all me and DH had a great night

Where did you find the discounted merchandise? We're going to this Thursday's party. I was hoping to pick up the ornament, but heard they're sold out :( I was debating on picking something up at the party as a momento, but we're going back in May so I'm not sure if I should wait and check out the character warehouse.
We purchased in Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe and in Star Gazers...the green t-shirt (women’s, super cute with Minnie and Mickey kissing) was 19.99 and the red hoodie (with reindeer, lighter material) was 24.99. Nice bonus! I also did not see the decoration.

I would love to hear opinions on watching the party fireworks from behind the castle, or in Frontierland or Fantasyland, since they don't rely (as heavily) on projections.

We went to the party Sunday night 12/17. We are not super into fireworks but wanted to try to see them somewhat from the front of the castle without staking out a spot for an hour. We hit the treat station at Cosmic Rays about 2 minutes before the fireworks started. Party was sold out. We walked up by the Laugh Floor ride and stood at the end of the bridge to Tomorrowland. Yes we were somewhat off to the side, but they view was still good. We leaned up against fake rocks and my kids walked right up to a little gate overlooking the water there and had no one in front of them. Compared to the Halloween party at DLR where the projections are amazing and need to be seen head-on, I felt these projections were not nearly as impressive and therefore seeing them from the side was fine. So we walked up literally as they started and our view was fine. A good use of our time for our priorities.

We went to the party Sunday night 12/17. We are not super into fireworks but wanted to try to see them somewhat from the front of the castle without staking out a spot for an hour. We hit the treat station at Cosmic Rays about 2 minutes before the fireworks started. Party was sold out. We walked up by the Laugh Floor ride and stood at the end of the bridge to Tomorrowland. Yes we were somewhat off to the side, but they view was still good. We leaned up against fake rocks and my kids walked right up to a little gate overlooking the water there and had no one in front of them. Compared to the Halloween party at DLR where the projections are amazing and need to be seen head-on, I felt these projections were not nearly as impressive and therefore seeing them from the side was fine. So we walked up literally as they started and our view was fine. A good use of our time for our priorities.

We went to the party tonight. It was a bit crowded and chaotic. The fireworks were good and the parade was fun. Ride times were fairly long, except during the first parade when Splash Mountain and BTM were walk ons. We made it to 1 treat station (twice).

Honestly, I thought it was too crowded for the price. It didn’t seem that much different than MK on a regular crowded day.

The bathrooms were pretty gross as well. I never saw anyone in there tending to them. More than once there were no paper towels (there were issues with the cleanliness of the bathrooms this whole trip, unfortunately.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!