"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to buy our first MVMCP tickets for mid December. I am making sure I choose the correct delivery option for what I want. I'm being offered (I don't want them mailed, etc):

Print at Home
Email (this says I have to present my CC and the email to the park entrance to get my tickets, but then says if I have Magic Bands, I can skip this step and just tap in at the gate).

I do NOT want any extra steps! We will be staying onsite and have Magic Bands. It is easiest just to do Print at Home and then enter the ticket numbers into MDE so they will linked to our Magic Bands? Or do I do option 2 and HOPE that they are linked and I don't have to present my CC etc? Anyone who has done this, please advise!! Thanks!

I always select mail cards (free option) it's a Green RFID card, so no extra step @ park entrance & nice souvenir, unmarked envelope (if surprise). Either of 3 options (last 1 is expedited paid shipping) all link to MDE which is linked to MB. If this doesn't automatically occur/link (it should) then manually link tickets with confirmation number.

I am trying to buy our first MVMCP tickets for mid December. I am making sure I choose the correct delivery option for what I want. I'm being offered (I don't want them mailed, etc):

Print at Home
Email (this says I have to present my CC and the email to the park entrance to get my tickets, but then says if I have Magic Bands, I can skip this step and just tap in at the gate).

I do NOT want any extra steps! We will be staying onsite and have Magic Bands. It is easiest just to do Print at Home and then enter the ticket numbers into MDE so they will linked to our Magic Bands? Or do I do option 2 and HOPE that they are linked and I don't have to present my CC etc? Anyone who has done this, please advise!! Thanks!

I purchased my MVMCP through My Disney and assume that since I can see them on my page that they will automatically go on my Magic Bands along with my park tickets. Is that correct?

I purchased my MVMCP through My Disney and assume that since I can see them on my page that they will automatically go on my Magic Bands along with my park tickets. Is that correct?

Which delivery option did you choose in MDE?

I always select mail cards (free option) it's a Green RFID card, so no extra step @ park entrance & nice souvenir, unmarked envelope (if surprise). Either of 3 options (last 1 is expedited paid shipping) all link to MDE which is linked to MB. If this doesn't automatically occur/link (it should) then manually link tickets with confirmation number.

THANK YOU!!

THANK YOU!!

This is the way I do it too. I order through my account and have them mailed. If I remember/desire to bring them to the party, I'll use the cards over my MB just to make sure something doesn't get messed up with my other tickets, and if I forget them or decide not to bring I just use my MB. Like Monique says, they make good souvenirs if not. Too bad they aren't holiday themed though!

Monique,

I just realized we arrive on the same day lol! What party are you planning on attending ("don't worry, I don't want to meet up" but I may shadow you lol)? I am so ready to get my FP knocked out tomorrow morning and finally be able to relax on planning. We are going with our best friends who are complete newbies and we've never been to the Xmas party before. Super stoked for the trip.

Monique,

I just realized we arrive on the same day lol! What party are you planning on attending ("don't worry, I don't want to meet up" but I may shadow you lol)? I am so ready to get my FP knocked out tomorrow morning and finally be able to relax on planning. We are going with our best friends who are complete newbies and we've never been to the Xmas party before. Super stoked for the trip.

Hi! I've been cleaning up my ADRs & working on FP+ strategy for in the morning. Decided to add another AK day for us too. Yes,ready for FP+ to be over to relax a tad bit more. I don't mind meeting up. :rotfl2:

I'll use my previous plan as my starting point then make adjustments with any time changes, new characters, etc. Also, 2 parties this year, 12/19 & 12/22.

25D Until the First MVMCP! :santa:
YAS!!! Can't wait till Kenny give us all the detail and which characters will be there. I really need to finalize my party plans but without knowing if the whole Ducktales gang will be there for sure I just can't commit to anything.

We made all of our reservations and then went back to make our MVMCP fast passes, we were able to get 2. Our MVMCP day is our very first day and we have not received a cancellation email yet.
Same here. Made our FPs a week ago and have since adjusted times with no problems. No cancellation email. There is a separate thread dedicated to this topic.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/mvmcp-and-scheduling-fp-4-6pm.3633529/page-6

PP have reported getting a reminder email from Disney to make FPs even though they only had MVMCP tickets and no park tickets.

I am trying to decide between hoop-dee-do revue, mickeys backyard BBQ and spirit of aloha dinner show. I have 3 kids 7, 11 and 14. Any suggestions??? Do any of them do some thing christmassy? We will be there end of November
Thanks!

I am trying to decide between hoop-dee-do revue, mickeys backyard BBQ and spirit of aloha dinner show. I have 3 kids 7, 11 and 14. Any suggestions??? Do any of them do some thing christmassy? We will be there end of November
Thanks!
I haven't been to any, but had the same delema. Kids are 6, 8, and 13. We are staying at the cabins. What made me go for the hoop dee doo, was NONE of my kids are going to get up and dance at the backyard bbq. I really felt they would feel is was geared towards babies. Lol. I know adults love it, but kids like to feel older. Aloha was never on my radar.

Thanks!
We've done them all. Mickey's Backyard BBQ was a once and done. Spirit of Aloha was done 3 times. Hoop Dee Doo has been done too many times to count. Such fun for all ages!

Thanks!

We have done MBBBQ on Christmas & we do HDDMR every trip. Spirit of Aloha on list. DD9 was 7 that Christmas, she danced but could have done without, but had a good time, photos with characters in Christmas attire after show then we did the Holiday Sleigh Ride. Enjoyable but 1x was okay. HDDMR (great food) same overall theme but switch up jokes & add Christmas undertones to jokes during holidays. HDDMR ADR on Christmas this year.

Last edited:

Print at Home

So I'll answer my own post too with what I did. I chose the first (and default) option of "Print at Home". It then sent me the tickets immediately via email, which did not have a ticket number but did have a bar code on each. I was prepared to scan them into MDE, but when I opened the app, they were already there. So I guess that means that they will be on my magic bands. I'll have the emailed tickets just in case. While I love the idea of having the plastic ticket for keeping, I can't have one more thing in this house, so I opted against mailed tickets. Thanks all for the help and guidance!

So I'll answer my own post too with what I did. I chose the first (and default) option of "Print at Home". It then sent me the tickets immediately via email, which did not have a ticket number but did have a bar code on each. I was prepared to scan them into MDE, but when I opened the app, they were already there. So I guess that means that they will be on my magic bands. I'll have the emailed tickets just in case. While I love the idea of having the plastic ticket for keeping, I can't have one more thing in this house, so I opted against mailed tickets. Thanks all for the help and guidance!

Yes, on MDE, on MB. :santa:

So this might be a silly question, but I've never done a hard-ticket event with Magic Bands before.

I have a three-day ticket (part of MYW package) and MVMCP linked to my MagicBand. I was originally planning on picking up my ticket as per the e-mail instructions but my understanding from recent posts is that that means all my tickets are on my band and I can use it for entry.

However, if I enter the park at 4:00- does the MagicBand know that I am using my MVM ticket or will it try and use one of my park days? I'm sure this is something Disney has worked out, but I know the technology isn't always perfect so thought I'd check with your experiences. I don't want to assume that everything will work and then later find out that one of my park days is gone.

TIA!

So this might be a silly question, but I've never done a hard-ticket event with Magic Bands before.

I have a three-day ticket (part of MYW package) and MVMCP linked to my MagicBand. I was originally planning on picking up my ticket as per the e-mail instructions but my understanding from recent posts is that that means all my tickets are on my band and I can use it for entry.

However, if I enter the park at 4:00- does the MagicBand know that I am using my MVM ticket or will it try and use one of my park days? I'm sure this is something Disney has worked out, but I know the technology isn't always perfect so thought I'd check with your experiences. I don't want to assume that everything will work and then later find out that one of my park days is gone.

TIA!

Yes, linked to MDE, then on MB. There is a separate line for MVMCP (typically to right & should have signs out/see previous post). Enter correct line & all should be fine with tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter