****Official May 2019 thread****

We are joining the May club! Soooo excited!! I wanted to go before Galaxy's Edge opened but was going back and forth between spring and early fall. I really wanted to experience the Flower and Garden Festival for the first time AND I wanted to NOT have to plan around holiday partys/early closures at the Magic Kingdom as our last two trips were October and November.

I have my ADR's figured out and just fingers cross I can get them and that i don't want to change them once park hours and extra magic hours come out. lol

Finally joining in here! I'll be at my favorite resort, WL, May 2-6 with some of my best DIS friends for a big DIS meet up! My DH may join me for a couple nights but we probably won't know until the beginning of the year when my mom knows if she's able to stay with the boys :) Looking forward to planning with you all!

Any insights into the lack of availability at any of the All Star resorts during the first two weeks of May? We stayed in a Family Suite at All Star Music last year and absolutely loved it, but there is not even a single night of availability in the first two weeks, and hardly anything is coming up at Sports or Movies either.

Any insights into the lack of availability at any of the All Star resorts during the first two weeks of May? We stayed in a Family Suite at All Star Music last year and absolutely loved it, but there is not even a single night of availability in the first two weeks, and hardly anything is coming up at Sports or Movies either.
I was wondering about that too. Is it one of those cheerleading things again?

ETA - yes its a cheerleader thing going on those weeks a WWOS

Last edited:

Ooooh noes. Hoping we get lucky and they are too busy with the comps or super tired after and they don’t hit the parks lol.

Weird - We were there last year during Pop Warner and there was quite a bit of availability, especially this far out. We booked about 4-5 months out and were able to get a room for 11 consecutive nights. Perhaps they hold them until a certain date and release them as time goes on?

We're booked May 26- June 1 with a split stay at CSR and Poly. First time at either of those resorts for us, and the first trip for DD7. Beyond excited! I don't know how I'm ever going to keep it a surprise until her birthday....:ccat:

Have always just been a lurker but decided to post, Ive booked POFQ 5/1-5/12! This is a big splurge trip for dh and I, celebrating our 25th anniversary and 50th birthdays. It’s also our first adults only trip of any kind in 20 years. Would love to hear any tips for adults only trips. Excited to really start planning, and I need to ditch the little bit of lingering guilt over planning a trip without our daughter.

It is bittersweet to announce that I'll no longer be participating in the May 2019 Happy Dance thread. It is true. Due to a significant conflicting event for each of my older kids in early May we moved our trip to the beginning of April to coincide with their Spring Break. Fortunately, it appears that our new dates fit nicely in a slower stretch of the Spring Break period as shown by the poll here on disboards. The additional elbow room offered in early May would have been nice but alas, it was not to be. Cheers all!

It is bittersweet to announce that I'll no longer be participating in the May 2019 Happy Dance thread. It is true. Due to a significant conflicting event for each of my older kids in early May we moved our trip to the beginning of April to coincide with their Spring Break. Fortunately, it appears that our new dates fit nicely in a slower stretch of the Spring Break period as shown by the poll here on disboards. The additional elbow room offered in early May would have been nice but alas, it was not to be. Cheers all!
Sorry for the conflicts but glad you were able to reschedule! Good luck with your planning for the new dates

What are your new dates? You should still stay and then come back wit a trip report for us :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter