****Official May 2019 thread****

Hi all! Doing a super quick May 27-30 trip for end of Flower and Garden. DD is “graduating” elementary school and we had to cancel my March anniversary trip due to work schedules. I know it’s just a small trip but it feels like a victory to me! Also, we will be back in July for our annual summer trip. Is it just me or does time seriously start moving slower when you hit like the 45 day (trip paid off) mark?
We had to cancel our January trip due to weather and rescheduled for a short May 24-27 trip due to work schedules so I totally relate. Yes, the time is really moving slowly with 5 weeks from tomorrow!

How soon do they ship magic bands? I guess I've never paid attention. Our trip is exactly 4 weeks from tomorrow and no shipping notice yet. I even double checked that I ordered our magic bands and indeed, I did.

Loved Aladdin on Broadway! Can’t wait for the movie, either. Wish my trip overlapped with the ultimate ladies trip, but I’m just an ardent stalker/fan of y’all, and I don’t arrive until the 10th.
Oh that's a shame you miss us! Yeah by the 10th I'm pretty positive we'll all be gone. I arrive the 2nd and leave the 6th, some ladies are there a couple days longer. I'll actually be right back down in Orlando on the 9th for a Royal Caribbean "work" cruise! Have a great trip!

Were seeing it multiple nights including one night from a boat. My daughter has grown up watching this show. It’s her favorite. We have to say goodbye in a big way.
It's hard when things you've grown up with change (I'm not good with change lol). Still not over Wishes leaving :snooty: While Illuminations isn't my favorite I'm happy we're doing the cruise next month to say good-bye since it'll be gone when I go in October.

How soon do they ship magic bands? I guess I've never paid attention. Our trip is exactly 4 weeks from tomorrow and no shipping notice yet. I even double checked that I ordered our magic bands and indeed, I did.
You should get them in time! For awhile they were pretty regular with ship time, now not so much. For instance I arrive on the 2nd and got mine about 3 weeks ago. I had clients go yesterday, the 17th, and they only got their bands last Friday the 12th! Normally it's not that close but you see you're ok still :thumbsup2

We have 25 days to go and our Magic Bands just arrived!! This is when I get the most excited. Time to start making our packing list and checking it twice

I know what you mean. We are 37 days out and I just checked on our Magic Bands and Disney is saying we have 5 and 6 days left to customize them (doing split stay). I will be so happy once they are in our possession. I also can't wait until our ME package arrives. I love getting Disney mail, I know that our trip will be here before we know it :goodvibes.

I know what you mean. We are 37 days out and I just checked on our Magic Bands and Disney is saying we have 5 and 6 days left to customize them (doing split stay). I will be so happy once they are in our possession. I also can't wait until our ME package arrives. I love getting Disney mail, I know that our trip will be here before we know it :goodvibes.
Ours arrived today! :jumping1:

I'd been waiting anxiously to get our DME letter and just make sure it had the right hotel and everything. And promptly within 2 days we decided to rent a car! lol

Do I need to contact Disney and let them know we won't be doing DME anymore?

Ahhhh we leave day after tomorrow and we're staying in an airport hotel tomorrow night because our flight is as 6:45 in the morning. I THINK I'm done packing. I hope I'm done.

2 years we've been planning. Ahhhhh.

We got our DME tags last week which is funny because we're starting at universal and only using DME for the return trip to the airport and don't need tags.

I’m not sure how many of you watch Game of Thrones but we are going to be at Disney for the finale. Something I didn’t think about till a week or so ago.

If anyone else is a fan and would like to watch it at Disney here is what I learned:

There is no HBO at the resorts. But I believe most(maybe all?) have smart TVs (you may want to check your resort) so we should be able to cast onto it. We are from Canada and will be using the Crave app which we can watch live broadcasts from. In theory we should be able to cast direct from phone to tv but just to be 100% we are going to bring a Chromecast with a cable to make sure we can get it to cast on the tv.

Normally I wouldn’t worry about a tv show on vacation but it’s the last one ever and don’t want to take the chance of getting spoiled. Lol. I told my husband we can bring a turkey leg back to the room with us and he can devour it like a dragon! Lol.

Edit: so it looks like my Crave app doesn’t work outside Canada so....yeah guess we won’t be watching it. Le freaking sigh.

Last edited:
I’m not sure how many of you watch Game of Thrones but we are going to be at Disney for the finale. Something I didn’t think about till a week or so ago.

If anyone else is a fan and would like to watch it at Disney here is what I learned:

There is no HBO at the resorts. But I believe most(maybe all?) have smart TVs (you may want to check your resort) so we should be able to cast onto it. We are from Canada and will be using the Crave app which we can watch live broadcasts from. In theory we should be able to cast direct from phone to tv but just to be 100% we are going to bring a Chromecast with a cable to make sure we can get it to cast on the tv.

Normally I wouldn’t worry about a tv show on vacation but it’s the last one ever and don’t want to take the chance of getting spoiled. Lol. I told my husband we can bring a turkey leg back to the room with us and he can devour it like a dragon! Lol.

Do you plan to bring a laptop with you? Before chromecasts and such I would just bring an HDMI cable and plug in. Yeah you'd need to either extend or mirror your desktop but that would work really well as a backup.

Do you plan to bring a laptop with you? Before chromecasts and such I would just bring an HDMI cable and plug in. Yeah you'd need to either extend or mirror your desktop but that would work really well as a backup.

We got a Chromecast to use instead of having to bring our laptop. BUT I was just looking through the Crave app we were going to use to cast it and it turns out it doesn’t work outside Canada.:sad2:
So annoyed and frustrated.

If I'm being lazy & haven't bothered to call Disney to set up my DME trip from YC to the airport, can I do that while I'm there or will it be more of a hassle to wait? I can't do it online, can I? I looked but just saw a phone number to call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter