Official: Marvel Land to come to DLR

We will miss Heimlich...a lot. Kinda sad about losing him. I know the presence of Bugs Land seems to complete confound teens and adults who have been asking for more thrill rides. But when our DS was small, it was one area where he could ride everything.

And, let's face it, GOTG will probably be the sole E-ticket for the area (especially since they refer to it as the "anchor" in the press release), with two C- or D-ticket rides being added to complement it. That's been the expansion formula for some time. I not expecting a slew of new exciting Marvel rides. Mostly theming and M&G's.

And, let's face it, GOTG will probably be the sole E-ticket for the area (especially since they refer to it as the "anchor" in the press release), with two C- or D-ticket rides being added to complement it. That's been the expansion formula for some time. I not expecting a slew of new exciting Marvel rides. Mostly theming and M&G's.

I don't know. I think at least one of the new attractions will be amazing. What about Galaxy's Edge? Are those both E tickets? The battle escape is enormous and should be immersive and Millenium falcon is the thrill ride. So that is a land with 2 E quality rides.

I don't know. I think at least one of the new attractions will be amazing. What about Galaxy's Edge? Are those both E tickets? The battle escape is enormous and should be immersive and Millenium falcon is the thrill ride. So that is a land with 2 E quality rides.

Considering they'll have roughly 2 years to build it, I'm not getting my hopes up for any major new E-tickets. Cars Land (3 years) is one E-ticket and two C-Tickets; Toy Story Land (2 years?) is one existing E-ticket plus Slinky Dog and Alien Saucers; Pandora (3.5 years) is one E-ticket, one D-Ticket; Star Wars (3.5 years?) is two rides.

I'm tempering my expectations. They've said Mission Breakout will anchor the land, so they are implying anything that will top that. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Marvel rides is the existing Iron Man Experience from Hong Kong, which can reuse the Star Tours vehicles.

I am not a fan of Bugs land and try to avoid it each time. I glad something new is coming. I just never understood the point of it. If i want kiddie rides i go to Disneyland and do carousel ,Casey Jr, Dumbo, Story book, or toon town. I am excited to see what they will do.

I'm excited for this change. I realize how this is frustrating for those with young children, but perhaps at least one of the new attractions will be able to cater to a younger guest. I get that it's not the same as having the whole Bugsland though.

We only ever walk through Bugsland, and I've never actually even been on Heimlich's so sounds like I'll have to give it a try for our trip next month before its gone. I'll probably have to bribe DH with a beer to ride that thing. :laughing:

I will miss Heimlich, but it sounds like a good addition for DCA.

I'm going to have to ride Heimlich this time, even though I will be a solo adult. I never knew it had such a cult following! I was watching videos of people riding it on YouTube and it was hilarious. I'm glad I can check it out before it goes away.

Considering they'll have roughly 2 years to build it, I'm not getting my hopes up for any major new E-tickets. Cars Land (3 years) is one E-ticket and two C-Tickets; Toy Story Land (2 years?) is one existing E-ticket plus Slinky Dog and Alien Saucers; Pandora (3.5 years) is one E-ticket, one D-Ticket; Star Wars (3.5 years?) is two rides.

I'm tempering my expectations. They've said Mission Breakout will anchor the land, so they are implying anything that will top that. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Marvel rides is the existing Iron Man Experience from Hong Kong, which can reuse the Star Tours vehicles.

If you haven't already, check out these two videos about the possible Spiderman ride based on Patent filings Disney made last year.

That would be a cool dark ride. I'm hopeful.

If you haven't already, check out these two videos about the possible Spiderman ride based on Patent filings Disney made last year.

That would be a cool dark ride. I'm hopeful.

I’ve seen it. I just don’t expect they’ll build at a DCA. A patent gets filed for everything, to protect IP, but Disney only executes on a small percentage.

I know, I’m being a pessimist. But they really aren’t playing up nee rides...maybe when other details come out.

Last edited:
Sooo disapppinted. The newer lands are big on theming and low on actual rides. Bugsland was so amazing for little kids. I'm really sad it's going as when my kids were young, that was the only area for them in DCA. So many good memories, but beyond that, it feels more and more that Disney is for adults.

I am not a fan of Bugs land and try to avoid it each time. I glad something new is coming. I just never understood the point of it. If i want kiddie rides i go to Disneyland and do carousel ,Casey Jr, Dumbo, Story book, or toon town. I am excited to see what they will do.

I think that's the point of Bug's Land. DL has FantasyLand which is a bunch of "kiddie" rides from cartoons in the mid-1900s. No one would dare take that out. Bug's Land hits kids with a land their size. But not anymore. Not sure where all the dislike for Bug's Land is coming from. The area is perfectly themed to a hit Pixar film. It essentially is as Disney as any area of any Disney park. Just geared for kids 10 and under.

I would've much rather they remove Wine Country Trattoria or even taken out Buena Vista Street (neither of which are really "disney") instead of an actual Disney intellectual property. But that's just me. And it doesn't even matter. It's done. Can't wait to be shoulder to shoulder with 50K people 12 hours a day at DCA.

I think that's the point of Bug's Land. DL has FantasyLand which is a bunch of "kiddie" rides from cartoons in the mid-1900s. No one would dare take that out. Bug's Land hits kids with a land their size. But not anymore. Not sure where all the dislike for Bug's Land is coming from. The area is perfectly themed to a hit Pixar film. It essentially is as Disney as any area of any Disney park. Just geared for kids 10 and under.

I would've much rather they remove Wine Country Trattoria or even taken out Buena Vista Street (neither of which are really "disney") instead of an actual Disney intellectual property. But that's just me. And it doesn't even matter. It's done. Can't wait to be shoulder to shoulder with 50K people 12 hours a day at DCA.

Bugsland is cute and perfect for toddlers. I don't understand the "hate" either. I'm okay with it being replaced, but the land was perfect for what it was--a place for little ones and their parents.

I just never understood the point of it. If i want kiddie rides i go to Disneyland and do carousel ,Casey Jr, Dumbo, Story book, or toon town.
Yeah but those are in a completely different park. If the only thing anyone in my party was interested in was kiddie rides, I too would go to Disneyland. But if my group has more than just toddlers in it then some people will probably want to check out GotG, Screamin, RSR, etc. Bugs Land made it so the toddlers had something to do while the older kids and adults take turns going on the big rides. I don't have kids so the loss of Bugs Land doesn't affect me much, but I totally get why Bugs Land is important to families. When it's gone I anticipate seeing more grumpy/whiney toddlers who have had to spend a big part of the day sitting and waiting while their siblings had fun.

Yeah but those are in a completely different park. If the only thing anyone in my party was interested in was kiddie rides, I too would go to Disneyland. But if my group has more than just toddlers in it then some people will probably want to check out GotG, Screamin, RSR, etc. Bugs Land made it so the toddlers had something to do while the older kids and adults take turns going on the big rides. I don't have kids so the loss of Bugs Land doesn't affect me much, but I totally get why Bugs Land is important to families. When it's gone I anticipate seeing more grumpy/whiney toddlers who have had to spend a big part of the day sitting and waiting while their siblings had fun.

Exactly this. My kids are now out of that age where Bug's Land is a must. But it WAS a must just a year ago. And the older kids, and even this older kid, loved it. They should at the very least move Heimlich over to the Pixar Pier.

I mean the parks are right next to each other. That is the reason we buy park hoppers.I started going to Disney when my DD was 3 now she is 10. DCA was still being built the first time we went. The second time she was 5 and yes we did bugs land but it was not something she had grown up seeing and was much more into seeing the princesses and getting on dumbo and tea cups.I guess for everyone its different, but we never stopped much at Bugs land because my daughter was not interested in those rides, but she is a thrill seeker.

I think Disneyland appeals to all girls and all of us adults or at least me because of nostalgia reasons and fulfills ones 8 year old dream. I think with DCA they want to appeal to those kids who think they are too big to like Disneyland

Oh and my 10 year old loves marvel and Star wars.

I mean the parks are right next to each other. That is the reason we buy park hoppers.
They are close to each other, and I can see how parkhoppers would work well for a family with several adults and just one young kid, so one adult could spend a few hours in Disneyland with the kid while the other adults were off at DCA. But in many circumstances splitting up that way doesn't seem practical. If it's just two adults and they're trying to use rider swap (which both parents have to be present to get and I've heard now has a time limit for use), or if there are siblings at in between ages who are ready for RSR but not for Screamin' so they need to be dropped off and picked up from the non-riding parent, or if a parent is there with one young kid and one older kid who is old enough to ride the big rides alone but not old enough that you can send them over to the other park alone, etc. Having one little area where small children can be entertained for an extended period of time just makes sense for a park geared toward their older siblings in my opinion, because parents can only be in so many places at once. It seemed like a good use of space to me since it was such a small area.

That said, I know that with limited space something had to go and I'm really excited about the new area. I'm just surprised they're not using the Hollywood area instead, since that seems like much less of a sacrifice to me. But then again they might have other plans for that area.

Exactly this. My kids are now out of that age where Bug's Land is a must. But it WAS a must just a year ago. And the older kids, and even this older kid, loved it. They should at the very least move Heimlich over to the Pixar Pier.

I love the idea of moving Heimlich to Pixar Pier. #saveheimlich

At up to $135 for a one-day, one-park ticket, I would expect enough rides to entertain the entire family in each park (and that's coming from someone who wants more thrill rides). Most of the guests are still locals, and most of the locals I know still buy single day tickets. I think the real issue with the Bugs Land rides is they were not designed for the whole family...while the Fantasyland rides are. Still, when our kid was tiny, before the 2007 remodel, Bugs Land was it, if we didn't have AP's we would have never gone into DCA except to drink beer and trade rides on California Screaming while he napped.

They've tried several times to promote DCA on the local college campuses as a drinking destination, which was the whole point behind the elecTRONica and Mad T Party rave-like nighttime parties. They were trying to duplicate the stopgap success they've had with Epcot and alcohol, but it never really took. College kids don't generally have AP's, and the discounted tickets available through colleges are all by non-existent (I know USC doesn't offer any).

Last edited:

And when you have kids of varying ages....
It was having Bugs land right there so while DH (or I) was riding Gotg or CS DD3 had something close by to have fun while we waited.
There is not enough for 3-4year olds at DCA without bugs land (and they buy a ticket). This will either force people into hoppers or out of DCA.
It’s teally a shame they didn’t move more towards having DCA being Pixar Park....
Pixar Pier is being created, you already had big land and cars land, Up used to feature at trail. Monsters Ins is already there with he precious rumour of the Monstora Inc Doors roller coaster.

They need to decide where they are going because it is just so mismatched with no cohesion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!