Official: Marvel Land to come to DLR

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
Last edited:
Man. I really don't like waiting in line for 15 second rides in Bug's Land, but they are really catering to a certain type of visitor with this. Pixar Pier will help (maybe - my kids prefer a million other movies to Toy Story) but DCA was already a tough sell for young kids who aren't tall enough for the Cars rides.

Ugh just saw this. Sad that we will be losing bugs land. I suppose the next time when we go my daughter won’t be riding those rides anymore but bleh

My kids have really enjoyed Bug's Land and I'll be sorry to see it go. I understand why they're doing a Marvel-themed area of DCA, but I kind of wonder what sorts of attractions will be left in DCA for younger children to enjoy.

It does look like Flik's Flyers is being re-purposed as an Inside Out ride for Pixar Pier. The concept art looks just like it. That's at least one ride for the younger set.

After reading through the article again I think they should bring that Ant-Man and the Wasp ride for Hong Kong over and at least have a thematic tie to A Bug's Land.

I knew this was coming but I’m still really sad about it. My older kids LOVE DCA but one of us adults tends to hang in Bugs land with the little ones. Where will I go now with the ones who are too little? As others have said, hopefully Pixar Pier offers more little kid rides.

I love the Marvel and Star Wars movies but this just sounds like Disney is turning into Universal. Nothing wrong with US but it has a different "feel", more grown up. If it was their own park it would be great, but stuffing SW into DL and now this, IDK.
Sorry, not feeling well and can't articulate very well what I mean :crazy2:

I love the Marvel and Star Wars movies but this just sounds like Disney is turning into Universal. Nothing wrong with US but it has a different "feel", more grown up. If it was their own park it would be great, but stuffing SW into DL and now this, IDK.
Sorry, not feeling well and can't articulate very well what I mean :crazy2:

I actually feel like Marvel fits well in DCA, but yeah, I never really liked this Star Wars at DL thing. Hollywood Studios, sure. DCA is similar to that park and I feel that's where their blockbuster movies should live. I guess they just didn't have anywhere else to put Star Wars though at DLR.

Bummer! Bugs Land was the perfect spot to hang out with my littles while the others rode RSR and ToT. And if you hit it at the right time it could be a very peaceful spot. Hope they keep something for the under 40-inchers and the non thrill-seeking kids. Any guesses on when the "late summer" closure will be?

This con that if the indside our ride is still happening in Pixar pier it will be a rethemed filks.
Bummer! Bugs Land was the perfect spot to hang out with my littles while the others rode RSR and ToT. And if you hit it at the right time it could be a very peaceful spot. Hope they keep something for the under 40-inchers and the non thrill-seeking kids. Any guesses on when the "late summer" closure will be?
Labor Day? That’s the end of Pixar fest.

Ah well. We knew this was coming. I have to admit Bug's Land grew on me. We avoided it for many years, but then one night about 6 years ago when my son was 14 and my daughter 9 we found it was the only uncrowded place during a Xmas time Disney visit. We had such fun that night goofing around in the dark, jumping on and off the rides. And ever since we always visit BL on our annual trip. My kids now 20 and 15 love Heimlich's b/c it is so silly and slow, ridiculously short in duration and features comically large lap straps. The whole thing just makes them giggle up a storm. They are going to miss that. And as for me, I really liked the Hopper animatronic in ITTBAB. That was impressive. I am sure they will do some great things with the Marvel franchise though.

Aw man! :-( all of my kids have loved Bug’s Land. I have 3 girls, none of which have any interest in Marvel. Why couldn’t they use all of the dumb empty buildings around Monsters and leave Bug’s Land alone for the little kiddos? This basically takes away all of the rides for the toddler crew leaving only Mermaid and Monsters without a height limit. Oh and I guess TSMM but that one is scary for toddlers.

I will definitely miss the fun, immersive theming in A Bug's Land. I really enjoyed that part. Who doesn't want to be shrunk down to that size? My little kids always enjoyed the rides there too (except the bumper cars). I hope they add more little-kid friendly stuff on the pier, too. :-/ Right, what about all the space over by Monsters, Inc? Oh, well.

Is just the Bug's Land area closing later this summer? Or that entire area including Guardians of the Galaxy?

Aw man! :-( all of my kids have loved Bug’s Land. I have 3 girls, none of which have any interest in Marvel. Why couldn’t they use all of the dumb empty buildings around Monsters and leave Bug’s Land alone for the little kiddos? This basically takes away all of the rides for the toddler crew leaving only Mermaid and Monsters without a height limit. Oh and I guess TSMM but that one is scary for toddlers.

There is also Jessie's Carousel and Flik's is likely to become Inside out, so that's four rides. That's still a net loss of two rides with no height requirement. Then again, I would be that the A Bug's Life theater will just be refit into a show featuring Marvel characters, so that'd be another all-ages attraction. Of course, still a net loss of two.

There is also Jessie's Carousel and Flik's is likely to become Inside out, so that's four rides. That's still a net loss of two rides with no height requirement. Then again, I would be that the A Bug's Life theater will just be refit into a show featuring Marvel characters, so that'd be another all-ages attraction. Of course, still a net loss of two.
Yeah but IF flicks is used it won’t be open for a long time. And who knows when the carousel will reopen but yeah I forgot about that. It was nice to be able to take our toddlers to Bug’s Land and spent some time riding things that were their speed, we would ride them over and over. You won’t be walking on any Pixar Pier rides for a while
:-(

I really doubt whatever goes into the theater will appeal to the 3 and under crowd if it is Marvel, it will likely be scary. ITTBAB was borderline as it were but at least it was animated characters that were familiar.

Those buildings aren’t that big and it would disjoint the marvel area with monsters and Hyperion theatre in the middle. If Disney has been able to build their eastern gateway project then maybe marvel would have taken over the other part of Hollywood land since it could push out into what is currently part of the transit center, but this was the other area in the park that had been floating around for the expansion.

Yeah but IF flicks is used it won’t be open for a long time. And who knows when the carousel will reopen but yeah I forgot about that. It was nice to be able to take our toddlers to Bug’s Land and spent some time riding things that were their speed, we would ride them over and over. You won’t be walking on any Pixar Pier rides for a while
:-(

Yeah, and you can bet that any Marvel show will be pretty popular too! I totally get where the parents of little ones are coming from on this. It seems like everyone always complains when a new ride is announced and it's not a rocket-powered mega coaster with a dozen inversions. Seven Dwarfs, Slinky Dog, etc. always get bashed, but Disney's primary audience is not thrill seekers. Sure they have a few intense rides, but they gotta have a few for the very little crowd too, with several rides in between. Maybe they can re-theme some of the other rides from that area too, though I have no idea where they would put them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter