Official March Trip Reports

Ed hope your daughter is getting as much out of the program as you and the wife are. I bet we could get top dollar for a video of you playing Hot/Cold with Tiggerdad as he searches for the elusive initials

Mike,

Personally I don't see why the initials haven't been discovered yet.

SouthAlabama5er (Randy) has found them.

SnowMedic (Vince) has found them.

It's pretty simple - anyone with dowsing rods can pretty much find them.

divining-water.gif

They are out there. Just waiting to be found...

ED

Last edited:
:welcome: Campingfam,

Looks like you just joined the DIS today. PO is nice, but I think you will really like the Fort. Make sure you plan some down time to investigate everything there is at the Fort. That’s the one thing many of us forget to do.

j

Last edited:

03/31-04/06, WDW trip #7, excited about our first trip to the Fort. We have been RV camping for 18 years, however always stayed at PO when visiting WDW. Planning is done, 55 days...

As Teamubr stated, welcome.

I too was a PO transfer and never looked back once I found FW. I too agree with trying to arrange some down time to just relax and enjoy it. You can walk all around and meet new people easier than at other resorts.

I recommend Hoop Dee Doo if you are able and Trails End is hard to beat. Prop your feet up on the rail on the porch at Trails End and people watch.

Looking forward to hearing about it.

I echo Teamuber and Tiggerdad's welcomes. Like Tiggerdad says once at THE FORT it's your only resort. But be aware he is extremely biased as THE FORT is home to his Minions, that said he is great source for info. His recommendations of HDDR and TE are right on the money. We do TE for dinner on our Arrival Day:woohoo: and fill up with a hearty breakfast on departure day :(:(:(. Folks at FORT WILDERNESS we have found are just way more friendly and willing to offer help than at any other resort. Take tome to explore and enjoy the myriad of amenities the fort has to offer but most of all enjoy yourselves

excited about our first trip to the Fort. We have been RV camping for 18 years,
Welcome to The Fort. Enjoy your stay and yes, definitely try to find time to explore all The Fort has to offer. If not, I guess you'll just hafta plan another trip :rolleyes1

Campinfam2018,

I agree with all that have stated the Fort is the best. Our first glamping adventure there was October 2016 and we fell in love with it. Like many have said, give yourself sometime to "take in" the Fort. Lots to do and see. We will be at Disney in March for a two night stay at CBR. It's a stop over for our cruise out of Port Canaveral. However, we will be returning in May for a glamping adventure :dogdance:

We did the food and wine festival when we were there last October and it was pretty cool. Not sure if this is set up differently or not but looking forward to it. I have set aside a rough plan to do EPCOT on a Wednesday so hopefully the locals won't have it as mobbed. We did this last time and it seemed to help avoiding a bigger crowd by avoiding the weekend during these festivals.

As a last resort you always call in the reinforcements to help thin the crowds out some

Here's my best picture yet from Disney of one of my boys. Coincidentally it was at EPCOT during the Food and Wine.
IMG_0084.JPG

Watched him steal this napkin right off the table beside us. Then promptly ran up the tree and began "wiping his face with it". At least that's what my kids are convinced of.

Guess he needed to clean up after those taking care of some unsecured Mickey Bars

I've been doing some planning the last couple days.

As I mentioned in the prior page, we come in on a Monday and go out on Friday for a short trip to see DD who is working at WDW as a CM through the Disney College Program (DCP).

I got some CM dining discount info from DD and built some plans around those data points.

First, we get 50% off HDDR early/late shows so that will probably go in Monday's dinner category (still to book).

Second, Tuesday is a DHS/EP day with lunch at Coral Reef (40%) and dinner at Via Napoli.

Wednesday she has to work presumably.

Third, Thursday is somewhat open. Trails End Dinner (40%) is booked but that could get bumped. Still need a lunch that day.

While this is new to me (booking so many ADRs), it's my only chance to get these kinds of discounts. Some restaurants don't (need to) offer discounts like Be Our Guest. A few get 40% off, more get 20% (sadly, most Epcot restaurants only give the 20% CM discount for dinner ressies after 8pm-lunch no similar restriction).

I have a bunch more scheduled for our April and May trips. Oh, my only rule about restaurants is no buffets (other than TE/HDDR). So that bumps places like Crystal Palace, Biergarten, etc. Lots of the WDW resorts have places that qualify so I have already booked future meals at Poly/CR/GrandF.

Gonna take a LOT of walking in the parks to burn off all these calories!

Bama Ed

Booked the fireworks dessert party for our arrival night at the MK. I can remember back in 2009 on our very first trip ever to Disney we did this. At that time it was in "trial" basis and wasn't actually added full time until the following year.

Bit pricey, but since the only night we really watch the fireworks from inside the MK is our first day in MK (all the other evenings we use fireworks time to get short lines on the rides) it was well worth it as I can land some sugar and coffee to help get me through the first evening. (Will of driven the 12 hours to Disney the night before and may only have about 3 hours sleep so I'll need some pick me up)

On another note, the girls are wanting to try out some miniature golf at Fantasia Gardens. Any of you gave it a try? If so, what's best way to get there?

We do have a day at EPCOT, and since golfing starts around 10 we could start at EPCOT and go over to the course and return to EPCOT?

Or, better from Hollywood Studios instead of EPCOT?

Just looking for prior experience and how it went.

Last edited:
On another note, the girls are wanting to try out some miniature golf at Fantasia Gardens. Any of you gave it a try? If so, what's best way to get there?

We do have a day at EPCOT, and since golfing starts around 10 we could start at EPCOT and go over to the course and return to EPCOT?

Or, better from Hollywood Studios instead of EPCOT?

Just looking for prior experience and how it went.

We played there back on our December trip, it was a lot of fun. If you have a car, they have parking there, follow directions to Swan or Dolphin, and then you will see signs for Fantasia Golf. If taking Disney bus, then you would go to the Dolphin or Swan and walk over. There are two sides, one with fun character obstacles and one that is more just like a golf course. We played the side without the obstacles, just because the wait was shorter. We are planning to play the other side next month.

We played there back on our December trip, it was a lot of fun. If you have a car, they have parking there, follow directions to Swan or Dolphin, and then you will see signs for Fantasia Golf. If taking Disney bus, then you would go to the Dolphin or Swan and walk over. There are two sides, one with fun character obstacles and one that is more just like a golf course. We played the side without the obstacles, just because the wait was shorter. We are planning to play the other side next month.

Sounds good, thanks for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter