Official March Trip Reports

Me and my hot glue gun got kind of crafty this weekend. Want to add some lights and then it will be ready to hang at our site. Also raided the Dollar Tree for stuff to decorate our cart. I know Greg just loves to drive around with bunnies and baskets all over our cart, glad he is a good sport.
IMG_20180311_165041071.jpg

240 minute wait on Flight of Passage!?

Ain't no ride worth that.
We wait for months on end to go just so once get there we can spend our time waiting for latest attraction. I just hope the novelty we waited for like ever for them to finally open that maybe soon wear off.

You better fast pass it or get to the park early.

I was trying to get my bunch out and there by 7:30. We finally got there by 10. At that time it was 190 minutes.

Still no way.

I used my FP on Everest because my youngest has been wanting to ride it for years and wasn't tall enough until this year.

We wait for months on end to go just so once get there we can spend our time waiting for latest attraction. I just hope the novelty we waited for like ever for them to finally open that maybe soon wear off.
I'll bet that once Toy Story Land is open, it'll be a little easier to get FOP

Okay - whew! Who takes a nap at 7pm? My crew, that's who. (Except for me).

First we finally got into 1500 and are set up in 1507 which is about a quarter of the way around on the outside. Nice site, plenty big enough, got the Aliner tucked in the corner. What a day.

After DD arrived this morning, she suggested we go buy some breakfast and so we went to the Shoney's just off 535 out the Fort's back door towards the Winn Dixie we use occasionally. If there are media reports tomorrow of a bacon shortage, it's because my two girls CLEANED house in the bacon tray. We considered Trails End but we have a Friday morning reservation there so went off property today. First we ran down to 1500 to see if anyone was packing up then down to 1400 to visit our International Man of Mystery. Finalluy out the gate to Shoney's. At $12 per person for breakfast buffet and drink, it was nearly half the price of TE and pretty good.

Finishing up, Disney Springs was just opening so we went over for a visit and World of Disney is a disappointment right now. It's being rehabbed and two thirds of the store is currently closed off. The only side open currently is the side near Lego.

20180312_113859.jpg

Never fear, though. All the merch I like is gone for now but they have PLENTY of oversized Stitch plushes available if you feel an anxiety attack coming on. This was in the WoD portion that was still open.

20180312_102422.jpg

The only thing that stood out to me and called my name was this:

20180312_102917.jpg

The rain was moving through but we made our way to our second fave store in DS, The Christmas Store.

20180312_111205.jpg

20180312_110956.jpg

After wandering through the Art of Disney and the Co-op, we headed back to the Fort and headed for the Settlement area (no text yet).

20180312_124346.jpg

20180312_132657_Richtone(HDR).jpg

I nosed around behind Pioneer Hall and all I saw were some utility lines that had been marked with wooden stakes and ribbons.

Over at the Pony Ride and Horse Barn, there was some action.

20180312_133259.jpg

Big guy looks like he just rolled out of bed and still got some wood chips in his mane.

20180312_133350.jpg

Even our little Fort is feeling the pressure to produce more revenue. This is the first I've seen a second lap available on the pony ride for an extra $4 (guess they had to let the pony union vote on it).

20180312_133436.jpg

Then the blessed event occured. The site text arrived - 1507 was ready for us.

Carrying over to next post because I've hit the 10-photo-per-post limit.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

On the way back to the overflow lot to get the rig, there was a Class A with a tow truck getting some help.

20180312_135717.jpg

I didn't take long to get set up on 1507 plus I did pack kinda light this trip since we are basically just using the Aliner as a rolling hotel room.

20180312_150836.jpg

20180312_150854.jpg

20180312_151217.jpg

I left the cover off the EZ up initially because it was still pretty gusty this afternoon. It caught a few folks by surprise.

20180312_151842.jpg

Yep, these folks in 1521 know the rules - 1 car per site or keep them off the grass.

20180312_180202_Richtone(HDR).jpg

We had to break off setting up to head down to the 4pm HDDR. We had seats in the Front Row immediately behind the piano player and within arm's length of the banjo player. Did I mention we got the Cast Member discount of 50% off?

20180312_171036_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20180312_162928.jpg

20180312_171253.jpg

Food was great except the bbq beans tasted homemade and were a little off. Too much vinegar maybe.

Clear blue sky and cold now. Going to head over to the Campfire Singalong (not staying for the movie). Going to head to rope drop tomorrow at DHS and hop over to Epcot for lunch and dinner. Sleep will feel great tonight.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, Ed. The site looks great. The Shoney's you went to is where I met Kenny to pick up and drop off the cart. Easy in and out and breakfast was pretty good. And I'd definitely do HDDR for 50% off! That almost brings it down to my price range. :-)

Have a great time.

j

Getting back in from AK. I got to see the new land and check out one of the rides. My youngest got to finally ride Expedition Everest twice so that is out of her system. In future, I believe I'll be skipping AK for a trip or two as we have pretty much done it all there except the River of Light show and Flight of Passage. I think I'll get park hopper next time and maybe split a day between EPCOT and AK so I can catch those two things on the next go around.

Ed is correct, the temps have dropped, but the wind is probably the biggest problem making it cold. We had FP for the River of Light but the girls were too cold (we were in shorts since it was warm most of the day until this evening) and we would of had to of sat in the wind for about an hour before the show started.

Oh yeah, the girls each got Banshees from Avatar. :sad2: Now, as I type this the two things are perched on the back of the couch...watching me. It's almost bothersome. I think one of them just blinked...

I REALLY wish I could post pics. It's nearly depressing to be honest.

I mentioned on arrival day I had a water heater issue. Turns out back in July when we went to the Smoky Mountains that I had noticed my hot water was hotter than usual. I didn't put two and nine together at that time but on Friday when we rolled into Thousand Trails I noticed that after the water heater was on for about an hour I only had slightly warm water. I thought maybe the element first, but then when I tried to use the gas to heat it the gas would only come on for a few seconds then go off. This meant one thing: Had to be the thermostat. There are two on Atwood heaters, one is to keep water temp at constant 140 degrees the other is the safety element that shuts off the gas heat. They are super easy to change out (If you open the metal door over your heater you'll see a black foam with TSTAT on it. When you peel it off the two thermostats are behind it). Now I could of paid somebody a triple figure price to come in here and fix it, but I do my own maintenance when possible, so I looked it up on Amazon ($9 and free shipping) and had it sent to me here at FW. I got my courtesy call from the FW front desk today around 3pm telling me it had come in so I stopped by and picked it up on my way back from the park. Had em changed out in 10 minutes and we back to having hot water again! The girls are overjoyed!
I'd post pics of the repair, but you know...

Tomorrow is Disney Springs after I get out and about early in the morning with my FW roaming and picture taking. Tomorrow night is TE for a 7:30 dinner.

Ed, with the temps getting lower I was considering firing up this here roaming firepit. You and the family are invited of course if you would like a warm fire to site around. I even have marshmallows.

There's a place in EPCOT where you can get some good advice on this. In the Norway pavilion I think...

Let it go... :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. I know it sucks.

Nice easy fix on the WH. If only they were all like that.

Sorry to hear you are AK'd out. AK is one of my favorite parks. Even before Pandora. EE is one of my favorites and FoP is amazing, although I wouldn't do it without a FP. 3-4 hours is crazy.

Enjoy the Springs. DW managed to get past the Coach and Kate Spade stores without anything new, but probably because she had ordered a big red Coach bag right before we left for WDW.

j

Early morning waiting for the girls to get ready. SquirrelNet already has word this morning of a Code 4 situation in the 1500 Comfort Station (Women's Side). Transmissions were garbled but had reports of "counter spread" of ladies setting out their makeup on the counter AND THEN GOING TO SHOWER. Reports include mentions of shoe boxes as shower caddies (as in each person had multiple boxes). (The squirrels on station there must be smoking crack. Poor little furry fellas - I think they've had too many days on the front lines. Need to get replacements in and let them have some R & R.) Anyway, I requested a resend confirmation. I was alone on the guy's side this morning.

I got some pix from last night at the Campfire Singalong which I will post later.

Set up the rotating Mickey lights I got at the post-Christmas sale at Lowe's. I have them shining on the door side of the trailer but might move them to the back side later. These projections are rotating if you can imagine that.

20180312_203412.jpg

Gonna be a late night tonight.

Bama Ed

Thanks for all the updates @bama_ed & @tiggerdad. So good to follow along.

Tiggerdad - how wonderful for your little girl on Everest. I think its my kids favorite thrill ride. Well that maybe second to Rockin Roller Coaster.

Bama - love the outpost pics and the share on 1500 loop. I just love that loop! Ah the memories! Even though we were in a full site this past trip, every day I would still manage to do a loop around good ol 1500.

Has anyone herd from Barb? Was checking in to see if she made it home safe and sound.

Early morning waiting for the girls to get ready. SquirrelNet already has word this morning of a Code 4 situation in the 1500 Comfort Station (Women's Side). Transmissions were garbled but had reports of "counter spread" of ladies setting out their makeup on the counter AND THEN GOING TO SHOWER. Reports include mentions of shoe boxes as shower caddies (as in each person had multiple boxes). (The squirrels on station there must be smoking crack. Poor little furry fellas - I think they've had too many days on the front lines. Need to get replacements in and let them have some R & R.) Anyway, I requested a resend confirmation. I was alone on the guy's side this morning.

I got some pix from last night at the Campfire Singalong which I will post later.

Set up the rotating Mickey lights I got at the post-Christmas sale at Lowe's. I have them shining on the door side of the trailer but might move them to the back side later. These projections are rotating if you can imagine that.

View attachment 308635

Gonna be a late night tonight.

Bama Ed

Understand the frustration of the ladies CS situation. I hate it when they have the whole counter taken up and you can't even get to a sink to wash your hands.

Getting back in from AK. I got to see the new land and check out one of the rides. My youngest got to finally ride Expedition Everest twice so that is out of her system. In future, I believe I'll be skipping AK for a trip or two as we have pretty much done it all there except the River of Light show and Flight of Passage. I think I'll get park hopper next time and maybe split a day between EPCOT and AK so I can catch those two things on the next go around.

Ed is correct, the temps have dropped, but the wind is probably the biggest problem making it cold. We had FP for the River of Light but the girls were too cold (we were in shorts since it was warm most of the day until this evening) and we would of had to of sat in the wind for about an hour before the show started.

Oh yeah, the girls each got Banshees from Avatar. :sad2: Now, as I type this the two things are perched on the back of the couch...watching me. It's almost bothersome. I think one of them just blinked...

I mentioned on arrival day I had a water heater issue. Turns out back in July when we went to the Smoky Mountains that I had noticed my hot water was hotter than usual. I didn't put two and nine together at that time but on Friday when we rolled into Thousand Trails I noticed that after the water heater was on for about an hour I only had slightly warm water. I thought maybe the element first, but then when I tried to use the gas to heat it the gas would only come on for a few seconds then go off. This meant one thing: Had to be the thermostat. There are two on Atwood heaters, one is to keep water temp at constant 140 degrees the other is the safety element that shuts off the gas heat. They are super easy to change out (If you open the metal door over your heater you'll see a black foam with TSTAT on it. When you peel it off the two thermostats are behind it). Now I could of paid somebody a triple figure price to come in here and fix it, but I do my own maintenance when possible, so I looked it up on Amazon ($9 and free shipping) and had it sent to me here at FW. I got my courtesy call from the FW front desk today around 3pm telling me it had come in so I stopped by and picked it up on my way back from the park. Had em changed out in 10 minutes and we back to having hot water again! The girls are overjoyed!

Tomorrow is Disney Springs after I get out and about early in the morning with my FW roaming and picture taking. Tomorrow night is TE for a 7:30 dinner.

Ed, with the temps getting lower I was considering firing up this here roaming firepit. You and the family are invited of course if you would like a warm fire to site around. I even have marshmallows.

Being from Fl, we know in the fall and spring to always pack some sweats if we wear shorts. Days are warm but it sure can get cool after the sun sets.

Understand the frustration of the ladies CS situation. I hate it when they have the whole counter taken up and you can't even get to a sink to wash your hands.

Taking a break in The Land at Epcot.

Terri, DD said she had been spoiled in that we've camped in Preferred sites so much lately where people are usually in a trailer or rv with facilities and so the Comfort Stations don't see as much action.

Crazy crowds now at Epcot and DHS. At DHS, Star Tours had 70 min wait at 11am as we left (and 135 min at Toy Story Mania).

Bama Ed

Thanks for all the updates @bama_ed & @tiggerdad. So good to follow along.

Tiggerdad - how wonderful for your little girl on Everest. I think its my kids favorite thrill ride. Well that maybe second to Rockin Roller Coaster.

Bama - love the outpost pics and the share on 1500 loop. I just love that loop! Ah the memories! Even though we were in a full site this past trip, every day I would still manage to do a loop around good ol 1500.

Has anyone herd from Barb? Was checking in to see if she made it home safe and sound.

Melissa, you must of not heard us toot our truck horn as we neared Bloomington/Normal. We were waving. We are happy to report that we made it home safe, very weary from making this a two day drive. Still scratching our heads to figure out why. We spent a long time pushing in the living room slides, as well as getting the jacks up. Our bedroom slide is an electric slide. We did not take off until 10:00 Friday morning. 1438 miles in two days. Silly us. Camper over to the dealer, awaiting insurance. We quickly looked at shorter fifth-wheels, but remembered Dairy Farmers are beginning a difficult and painful year.

We had fun, but because we had company for both weeks, and newbies, did not get all the down time we wished. We did loop quite a bit looking at specific preferred sites. I think we will like those better. Keep thinking about Camping down your way for our midwest DisMeet.

Here is wishing you a great and successful planting season. We did notice in Kentucky that the Amish were plowing already. Made Bill anxious. Say hi to your family.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter