***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

After catching up on this thread and seeing how much some of your are paying for airfare, I’m feeling much better about spending $1900 on a used minivan that we will probably trade off after the trip.

Joining in! Decided to take a girls trip with me and my two daughters for Spring Break Mar. 19-24th. Staying at All-Star Movies in a preferred room because my six year old loves Toy Story right now. Thank you to whoever because I was able to get all the Fastpasses and dining reservations I wanted! I'm totally shocked.

33 days until we leave and it seriously cannot come soon enough. Winter seems never-ending at this point. Christmas break was almost 3 weeks long, and then we had 10 snow days (school closures) in the last month, and our 3.5 day "holiday" weekend started with my youngest getting off the bus and throwing a tantrum. Even the kids are sick of the cold, the snow, and the ice.

I keep checking for FoP FPs even though I don't think I could bring myself to cancel anything else I have booked. I keep checking for Beaches and Cream reservations. DH and I are just now talking about making an ADR for Epcot for one day. Magic Band order has been submitted. Room requests are set up with Touring Plans. The MDE app isn't working on my phone at all. I've updated it. Restarted my phone, uninstalled and re-installed it....it either get stuck trying to login without letting me put in the password, or freezes on the loading page and then closes itself. Anyone else having that problem?

All of our "usual" house-sitters can't help us out this year, and it looks like we are going to be splitting our 3 dogs up among family members and maybe still needing to kennel the one that's the most uhhh...spirited. This is going to be the biggest hassle of this trip...dealing with the dogs (because it would be $1000 to kennel the 3 of them for 10 days.)

33 days until we leave and it seriously cannot come soon enough. Winter seems never-ending at this point. Christmas break was almost 3 weeks long, and then we had 10 snow days (school closures) in the last month, and our 3.5 day "holiday" weekend started with my youngest getting off the bus and throwing a tantrum. Even the kids are sick of the cold, the snow, and the ice.

I keep checking for FoP FPs even though I don't think I could bring myself to cancel anything else I have booked. I keep checking for Beaches and Cream reservations. DH and I are just now talking about making an ADR for Epcot for one day. Magic Band order has been submitted. Room requests are set up with Touring Plans. The MDE app isn't working on my phone at all. I've updated it. Restarted my phone, uninstalled and re-installed it....it either get stuck trying to login without letting me put in the password, or freezes on the loading page and then closes itself. Anyone else having that problem?

All of our "usual" house-sitters can't help us out this year, and it looks like we are going to be splitting our 3 dogs up among family members and maybe still needing to kennel the one that's the most uhhh...spirited. This is going to be the biggest hassle of this trip...dealing with the dogs (because it would be $1000 to kennel the 3 of them for 10 days.)

I believe Beaches and cream is closed until summer for refurbishment

I believe Beaches and cream is closed until summer for refurbishment

I had seen something about it closing for refurb, and something about "summer" but I couldn't find if it was closed UNTIL summer or closing DURING summer. Figures that it's while we'll be there. *sigh*

In other news, Kali River Rapids FPs are now showing up for the week we are supposed to be there, so it looks like that refurb will be done just before we get there. Might have to try that one out this time.

The MDE app isn't working on my phone at all. I've updated it. Restarted my phone, uninstalled and re-installed it....it either get stuck trying to login without letting me put in the password, or freezes on the loading page and then closes itself. Anyone else having that problem?

Yes and it drives me insane. They keep dropping my reservation at Shades of Green but luckily my FP selections are not affected, not yet anyway. Disney is aware since I called them but they don't seem to be in a rush to fix it. The website seems just as bad. What worries me is they are suppose to start dropping peoples FP selections if they try and use the throw away room just to book FP selections 60 days out. I have the room on property but Disney keeps unlinking it.

If it's jacked up now, what's it going to be like when Star Wars opens???

The MDE app isn't working on my phone at all. I've updated it. Restarted my phone, uninstalled and re-installed it....it either get stuck trying to login without letting me put in the password, or freezes on the loading page and then closes itself.
Are you able to access it using the browser on your phone instead of the app?

If it's jacked up now, what's it going to be like when Star Wars opens???
There is no reason to think the problems some people have with MDE are load related. For instance, I have trouble logging in with Chrome on my desktop, because my password vault is evidently conflicting with Disney's security measures. Your issues sound like a problem with the phone itself. I have the same problem on my Kindle Fire tablet. The MDE app is so rich that the anemic cpu capacity of the tablet cannot handle it. It takes forever to login (like, sometimes, a few minutes to get from one page to another) and quite often the app just vanishes, forcing me to restart it. If I'm watching the tablet try to log in or load the data from the server, and my smartphone is within reach, I'll typically grab the smartphone and will manage to log into the app and do what I want to do, before the tablet gets to the point where I can do anything. The Kindle tablets were designed as affordable e-readers and handheld game systems that oh-by-the-way also can (attempt to) run other apps, but they simply don't do well with rich and powerful apps like MDE.

I've fretted about not having clothing that fits so I went ahead and got myself some new jeans, shorts and sleeveless tops. I wanted to wait until the weather/temperature predictions were closer but I figure, I'll need shorts this summer anyway! Last night I got a bunch of new hand sanitzers. The only thing left (that I can think of) is some snacks to pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!