***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

So I’ve posted this on another area of the site but didn’t get much feedback. Seeking any kind of feedback good or bad on my itinerary. First time back in about 13 years. Going with my mom, DH, and DS who will turn 5 while we are there. My mom and I have been there about 10 times before but it’s the first time for DH and DS. We also all (including DS) love going out to dinners so we do have dinner plans every night. Anyhow here it is:

DAY 1/ARRIVAL DAY:

We arrive at 10:42 am and head right to the Magical Express where we will be whisked away to the beautiful Yacht Club in the Epcot Resort Area. We are on the deluxe dining plan but as it is the first day and timing is up in the air with arrival we are just going to wing it for lunch and grab something to eat at YC/BC or BW. Then the plan is to head over to Epcot for a bit. Fast Pass scheduled for 2:30 at Frozen and then another at 4:25 at The Seas with Nemo. That is just in enough time to allow to explore a bit before ADR at 5:45 at Coral Reef. Depending if exhaustion is hitting anyone following dinner we may wander around Epcot for a bit after dinner and maybe hang out for Illuminations.

DAY 2/MAGIC KINGDOM:

AND NOW IT'S TIME TO KICK IT INTO HIGH GEAR! Plan is to be at the gate well before opening and spend some time exploring Main Street. Then off to our ADR at 9:35 am at Crystal Palace for the awesome breakfast buffet and start the day meeting some characters. I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed in our fast passes on this day. Even though I logged on at 7:00 am on the exact 60th day beforehand, I did not get nearly the times that I had hoped for but looking on the bright side at least I got the rides I wanted. FP for Magic Kingdom: Peter Pan's Flight 11:20 am, Splash Mountain 12:40 pm, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 2:50 pm. We are just going to have to wing it for the rest and hope to catch some other rides during some off times. My mom has already offered to take DS during times that DH and I wait for Big Thunder & Space Mountain so at least that's something! Also, although we are on the deluxe plan we are making the most of character breakfasts and great dinners so no ADR's for lunch, just plan on snacking. The rest of the afternoon is completely up in the air as we don't have dinner until 6:50 pm at Yachtsman Steakhouse and since it's at our resort we don't have to worry about travel time.

DAY 3/HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS/DS's 5TH BIRTHDAY:

This day is specifically tailored for the birthday boy, with matching Toy Story birthday T shirts and all. Plan to be at the park before opening (of course!), then breakfast at Disney Junior Play 'n Dine at 8:40 am. I have to say I am really bummed about not being able to get FP's for all 3 rides in Toy Story land but oh well. FP's for Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Mania 10:35 am, Star Tours 12:00 pm, MuppetVision 1:35 pm. Hoping to be able to hop on Slinky Dog or Alien swirling saucers before or after Toy Story Mania but we will make it work. Unfortunately, we will be leaving the park early this day since I wanted to get an ADR at a fun spot for DS's birthday dinner and the only ADR I could score was T-Rex at 3:45 pm. All the other character dinners were either booked or not available until 9:00 pm which would definitely not work. However, DS is a dinosaur nut so I know that T-Rex will be perfect, plus being on the dining plan if we want to snack later on we can. I'm sure DS also won't mind exploring the shops at Disney Springs and maybe picking out a birthday present or two.

DAY 4/ANIMAL KINGDOM (a.k.a. Mommy's favorite!)

Having a background in veterinary medicine and being a HUGE animal lover, this is hands down my favorite park! Fun fact, when the park first open I submitted a resume to work there and told them I would pick up Elephant poop for free just to get my foot in the door, unfortunately I was not accepted. Anyhow, back to the trip. Donald's Dining Safari Breakfast at 9:10 am. FP's for Animal Kingdom: Kilamanjaro Safari 11:35 am, Dinosaur 2:05 pm, FOP 3:30 pm for DH and me only. I could only get these extremely spread out FP's but better than nothing. The dinner reservations at the Boathouse at Disney Springs at 6:45 pm.

DAY 5/EPCOT IN A.M./AFTERNOON ?

So this day is a bit up in the air. We have breakfast at 8:55 am at Cape May Café, again no travel time needed which is great! FP's at Epcot: 10:35 am Test Track, 11:35 am Mission Space, and 12:50 pm Journey Into Imagination. The rest of the afternoon we will decide on the fly. Maybe spend a day relaxing at the pool or mini golf. Maybe hop to another park that we had to leave early on another day. Who knows? This is the first time I'm not planning every single minute to the tee since it is my first time with a little one in toe and I don't want him to feel rushed or under pressure. Plus, DH is definitely a more fly by the seat of your pants kind of guy, so trying to make it enjoyable for him as well. Regardless, we have ADR at Narcoossee's at 5:50 pm and are gonna try to head to MK after for fireworks.

DAY 6/HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS?

So the plan is to return to Hollywood Studios this day since we had to leave early on Day 3. I do have FP's booked for DHS: 10:50 am Tower of Terror for DH (the rest of us are wimps lol), 12:25 pm Slinky Dog Dash, and 2:00 pm Rock N Roller Coaster (again for DH alone haha). However, I'm really fine with doing whatever this day. We have no breakfast ADR so we can just grab something wherever along the way. Whichever park we want to head to we can and we will just wing it. We do have ADR at Le Cellier Steakhouse at 4:45 pm, so likely will be spending the evening in Epcot and finishing the night off with Illuminations.

DAY 7/DON'T DREAM IT'S OVER:

Yes, this it, our final day. We will likely grab breakfast somewhere around the resort area. Maybe we will wander over to Epcot or even to Hollywood Studios briefly. Our flight is 5:45 pm so I assume Magic Express will pick us up around 3:00 pm. While we don't have a full day we still will have enough time to soak up a little more magic on our final day.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions!
One thing I would say as advice, is that you may want to make consider changing the deluxe dining plan. My family had it over the summer and it was too much food. Also, going to all the different restaurants during our trip was exhausting. I thought it would be fun, but it wasn't. I found that some quick service restaurants were just as good as the sit down restaurants at Disney, which surprised me. If, I were you I would look at the standard dining plan that has one table restaurant and one quick service credit. That way you can still keep the character dining. Also, I hope you have fun at the YC they have a beautiful pool there.

One thing I would say as advice, is that you may want to make consider changing the deluxe dining plan. My family had it over the summer and it was too much food. Also, going to all the different restaurants during our trip was exhausting. I thought it would be fun, but it wasn't. I found that some quick service restaurants were just as good as the sit down restaurants at Disney, which surprised me. If, I were you I would look at the standard dining plan that has one table restaurant and one quick service credit. That way you can still keep the character dining. Also, I hope you have fun at the YC they have a beautiful pool there.

We have always done the deluxe dining plan in the past and we just love all the sit down restaurants. For us it’s one of the things we enjoy most at WDW. I definitely understand that for many it’s not their ideal but it’s definitely important. We also have stayed at YC many times before. It’s our absolute favorite of all the Disney resorts. I can’t wait for my son to see the shipwreck!

I'll be in Disney from March 9-12th staying at the yacht club!

This trip is a last minute one. A couple of weeks ago, my husband suggested going for my birthday and I jumped!

I haven't been for my birthday since 2013 and I've been dreaming to go back during the F&G festival!

This morning I got the email that my magic bands have shipped! This morning I also renewed my license because it was set to expire while I'm in Disney and I'm not about to attempt to fly with an expired license! :rotfl:

Everything is coming together for this short trip!

March 9th we decided to not have any day passes to the park and instead do the Disney after hours at Hollywood studios. It's only costing us a few dollars more vs another park ticket (4 day PH is about $200 more than a 3 day PH) and this way we can ride all my favorite rides in Disney world and not have to deal with ridiculously long lines!

My actual birthday is the 10th and I'm planning on doing all 4 parks. But honestly, it might change. I'm going with the flow on this trip. I'm just glad for the past few months I've been keeping up with all the changes that's been happening that I don't have to do as much last minute research on what's new!

Y'all, I'm so hype right now I feel like I guzzled a pot of coffee...but I don't even drink Coffee! The adrenaline from being the 12th person In line at the MVA this morning is keeping me flying high! (I'm a rope dropper and even in the real world I get to places well before they open so I can be the first one in. It obviously paid off today!)

I'll be in Disney from March 9-12th staying at the yacht club!

This trip is a last minute one. A couple of weeks ago, my husband suggested going for my birthday and I jumped!

I haven't been for my birthday since 2013 and I've been dreaming to go back during the F&G festival!

This morning I got the email that my magic bands have shipped! This morning I also renewed my license because it was set to expire while I'm in Disney and I'm not about to attempt to fly with an expired license! :rotfl:

Everything is coming together for this short trip!

March 9th we decided to not have any day passes to the park and instead do the Disney after hours at Hollywood studios. It's only costing us a few dollars more vs another park ticket (4 day PH is about $200 more than a 3 day PH) and this way we can ride all my favorite rides in Disney world and not have to deal with ridiculously long lines!

My actual birthday is the 10th and I'm planning on doing all 4 parks. But honestly, it might change. I'm going with the flow on this trip. I'm just glad for the past few months I've been keeping up with all the changes that's been happening that I don't have to do as much last minute research on what's new!

Y'all, I'm so hype right now I feel like I guzzled a pot of coffee...but I don't even drink Coffee! The adrenaline from being the 12th person In line at the MVA this morning is keeping me flying high! (I'm a rope dropper and even in the real world I get to places well before they open so I can be the first one in. It obviously paid off today!)

We will be there from March 10-16 also at the YC and the 12th is DS’s Birthday. Wishing you a happy early birthday and maybe we will see you around the hotel!

My family and I will be there from March 10 -14. We are staying at POR in a Royal Room. I can't wait. We are also doing EMM at TSL and EMM at Fantasy Land. I can't wait to surprise our 4 year old. She doesn't even know this room exists and Tiana is her favorite princess.

We have always done the deluxe dining plan in the past and we just love all the sit down restaurants. For us it’s one of the things we enjoy most at WDW. I definitely understand that for many it’s not their ideal but it’s definitely important. We also have stayed at YC many times before. It’s our absolute favorite of all the Disney resorts. I can’t wait for my son to see the shipwreck!

So, while I totally see your point about liking DxDP for your prior adults only trips, I'd be very worried about throwing your 5 yo into that mix.

You've got nice, sit down meals booked as dinners. I know my kids, after a long day in the parks, would be whiney little ... somethings by the time we got to those dinners. When they're up and moving, they can hang pretty well, even on long days. However, after all of that park time, if you sit them down and expect them to color while they wait for food, they will realize, all at once, how hungry/tired/overdone they are and just kind of suck to be around until they're put to bed.

Between traveling, sleeping in an unusual room, being so stimulated throughout the day, and blowing off bed time so many nights, I know I'm already pushing my kids close to the brink. Evening meals that take any longer than picking up QS would certainly put them over the edge. Now, I'm outnumbered, which is a factor you don't have to deal with, and I don't know your son. I guess the point of my comment is to really think if he's going to be up to, say, a whole day at AK, a bus to DS (the darn car rides are when mine relax enough to get properly tired), and then a nice meal at Boathouse where you likely won't be actually eating anything until 7pm.

I agree, especially when also having to add travel time to/from various places. But it seems like you are ok with that - just know that some kids don’t do well with that... so you may need to be prepared to adjust as you see how your kid does.

My family and I will be there from March 10 -14. We are staying at POR in a Royal Room. I can't wait. We are also doing EMM at TSL and EMM at Fantasy Land. I can't wait to surprise our 4 year old. She doesn't even know this room exists and Tiana is her favorite princess.
We did the POR royal room when our DD was 5 - it was great!

In three agonizingly long weeks from today we will be kicking off our vacation with lunch at BOG. This will be our first stay at the Polynesian and the days are going by SOOOOOO SLOWLY.

Joining in with the March crew as I just booked an impromptu March Break solo trip! My oldest son is university now so doesn't have the same break, my 16 year old twin boys have plans with their friends and my DH is swamped with work. I have the week off plus an AP burning a hole in my pocket so decided to run away to Disney! This is my first time staying offsite at a Disney Springs hotel. I am super excited for Flower and Garden! I just love spring in Disney!

We just canceled Flying Fish in favor of Ale & Compass. The prices at Flying Fish are just too painful to consider. Even though we can afford a splurge, I just don't understand how to get that much appreciation from eating a meal.

We just canceled Flying Fish in favor of Ale & Compass. The prices at Flying Fish are just too painful to consider. Even though we can afford a splurge, I just don't understand how to get that much appreciation from eating a meal.
Trust me, I understand how you feel. I really want to book the HEA dessert party, but I can't justify it. We aren't dessert people for that price. I just want the reserved seating. So, we will be passing on that.

So, while I totally see your point about liking DxDP for your prior adults only trips, I'd be very worried about throwing your 5 yo into that mix.

You've got nice, sit down meals booked as dinners. I know my kids, after a long day in the parks, would be whiney little ... somethings by the time we got to those dinners. When they're up and moving, they can hang pretty well, even on long days. However, after all of that park time, if you sit them down and expect them to color while they wait for food, they will realize, all at once, how hungry/tired/overdone they are and just kind of suck to be around until they're put to bed.

Between traveling, sleeping in an unusual room, being so stimulated throughout the day, and blowing off bed time so many nights, I know I'm already pushing my kids close to the brink. Evening meals that take any longer than picking up QS would certainly put them over the edge. Now, I'm outnumbered, which is a factor you don't have to deal with, and I don't know your son. I guess the point of my comment is to really think if he's going to be up to, say, a whole day at AK, a bus to DS (the darn car rides are when mine relax enough to get properly tired), and then a nice meal at Boathouse where you likely won't be actually eating anything until 7pm.

I completely understand your POV and it does make sense for many people. While my so. Does have meltdowns like every other kid, he has also been going to nice sit down restaurants since he was an infant so he definitely knows how to behave in that setting. Many times he asks us to go to nicer restaurants back home rather than some quick service place with games and playgrounds and stuff. And here have been times when he has been tired at dinner and we usually will bring the iPad for those times. He will quietly sit and watch a movie or play a game. If worse comes to worse the 3 adults will draw straws to see who will stay back at the resort with the cranky kid but I honestly can’t see him being that bad that he couldn’t go out in public. That said I truly do understand where you’re coming from and who knows maybe I will be regretting the decision in a few weeks lol. But the nice dinners have always been a part of our Disney vacations (for my mom and me anyway) since I first went when I was 5. My parents would always take me to the nicer restaurants and we have great memories from it. It’s definitely a must do for us.

Also we aren’t planning on hitting the parks until we are ready to drop. We are totally open to taking a break mid afternoon. We also will be eating throughout the day so late dinners won’t be a problem on that end either.

The thing I’m worried about most are the wait times for rides. I know that is when my kid’s patience will be put to the test so I’m hoping we can luck out and at least get on the rides he wants with less than an hour wait.

Thanks for giving me your thoughts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter