*** Official June 2020 ***

No, they haven't said that. They told her if they were open we could keep our room reservations at convention rates. They meaning their convention coordinator, the same one who has been insisting they would be open for our convention and all plans would proceed. Either Disney employees truly don't know anything yet, either because Disney doesn't know anything for sure or isn't telling them, or Disney is purposely being elusive to keep as much money for the longest period of time possible. This will really anger me if we later learn Disney knew within reason when they would open the parks and just didn't divulge that information. I really think they are waiting on Phase 2 to be announced, and open asap after then.
I agree, I think they are just waiting on the government for phase 2. I don't think staff probably has a lot of information. In some ways I wish my vacation was cancelled so that I could just move on from this one. My back up non Disney vacation does not appeal to me as much as Disney:)

22-28 here. Don’t see any benefit to canceling yet. We’ll wait until Disney does it or until they say what restrictions will be.

I am the same as you, in a holding pattern right now until I get more information or it is cancelled for me.
:bride:
Well, I just emailed our Dreams agent and asked her to look at new dates for us. This was going to be our 30th anniversary trip. We honeymooned at the Contemporary and we had planned to go back there for our 30th anniversary. Instead, we have a pandemic, my husband had a heart attack last week and got 2 stents put in, and he is having another stent put in on 5/22. AND....we have been looking for a new house for a year and last weekend we found the perfect house, put in an offer, and will be closing around June 1st. So our anniversary trip to the Contemporary June 5-9 is going to be pushed back a few months. Also, wearing masks in 90-100 degree weather in Florida doesn't sound very magical.

Oh my! I hope your husband is healing and getting his strength back. And I wish you happiness in your new home! It sounds like your 30th anniversary plans will be different than what you originally dreamed of, but one that will remind you of your blessings in life and your life together for sure!
Congratulations on your 30th anniversary!

obviously our June 12 day WDW vacation is cancelled sadly, but we are opting to just wait for next summer. We could have done Aug but I feel like even if they are opened it will be modified in many ways and I am not really interested in a modified experience for the process we pay. What is everyones feelings about a modified experience (whatever that means)...for us, it is to just wait until there is more normalcy

I am rescheduling my trip for June 2021. I started a new thread for everyone who is in the same boat as me and having to postpone our June trips to June 2021. :boat: Come join me in planning 2021 trips!
https://www.disboards.com/threads/redo-voodoo-instead-of-june-2020-planning-for-june-2021.3801903/

Well, I finally pulled the plug today.

We were booked for June 19 - 26, celebrating our anniversary. A few days ago, I booked a backup July 18 - 25 trip. After much thought, I went ahead and cancelled my June reservation. Even if they do open in mid June, I'm not sure I want to go until I see how things are going. On the plus side, we'll now celebrate our daughter's 11th birthday while there.

It was excruciating, though. Not only did I have to cancel my package, I also had to cancel every single ADR and FP. So painful!

I wonder if additional cancellations will be announced each week now until they decide to open. This thread should have been exploding right about now for the best of reasons and now .......

Last edited:

I'm losing my mind...

with all the talk about the first week of June cancellations I went tearing into MDE to check on my reservations, ADRs and FP+ ....

and then I realized that I already cancelled my June trip, and moved it to December and don't have any ADRs or FP+ yet..

and I do have a mini-trip booked for Aug but alas I don't have any FP+ booked for that yet either..

Totally losing my stuff by imagining the cancelled trip was still on the books.... :rolleyes1 :sad2: :headache:

I'm losing my mind...

with all the talk about the first week of June cancellations I went tearing into MDE to check on my reservations, ADRs and FP+ ....

and then I realized that I already cancelled my June trip, and moved it to December and don't have any ADRs or FP+ yet..

and I do have a mini-trip booked for Aug but alas I don't have any FP+ booked for that yet either..

Totally losing my stuff by imagining the cancelled trip was still on the books.... :rolleyes1 :sad2: :headache:

It’s quite a ride isn’t it?! :crazy2:

It’s quite a ride isn’t it?! :crazy2:

There is now zero percent chance they’ll open resorts or parks before July 1st. They would have made the announcement by now. All June folks (we were ones too) should take a deep breath and look at rebooking.

There is now zero percent chance they’ll open resorts or parks before July 1st. They would have made the announcement by now. All June folks (we were ones too) should take a deep breath and look at rebooking.

No one knows what will happen with June. Disney has made no announcement and the only thing known about June is that June 1-6 is closed. Please do not state false information when there is no information at this time to state. No one knows when Disney will reopen could be June could be further in the future.

I meant it’s “quite a ride” because it‘s been very stressful mentally. Which explains why the original poster thought she was losing her June reservation....before she remembered that she had already cancelled it. Nothing I said had anything to do with whether the parks will be open or not. Stress is stress. It applies to all the June hopefuls as well as the July, Aug, & Sept ones.

No one knows what will happen with June. Disney has made no announcement and the only thing known about June is that June 1-6 is closed. Please do not state false information when there is no information at this time to state. No one knows when Disney will reopen could be June could be further in the future.

Apologies to all. I was thinking we had two weeks until July not June :) . Been in the house too long. Definitely plenty of time left to announce a June opening. Time for more coffee.

Last edited:
Apologies to all. I was thinking we had two weeks until July not June :) . Been in the house too long. Definitely plenty of time left to announce a June opening. Time for more coffee.

oh, and I forgot the other day that the month was MAY!! I was ordering something off Amazon and it gave me a delivery day of May 21-23rd, and I commented to my DH that it would take a whole month to get my item and he looked at me and said "what are you talking about, that's next WEEK..."....I was like...."oh, I was still thinking it was April..."... :headache::headache:

I work full time in an office setting and I've been teleworking since March 13th - and there was talk the other day that we have at least another 8 weeks before they can consider opening our office campus - this lack of interactions is killing me, well, except for my DH, 2 boys and 3 dogs....I miss my lunches out with co-workers!! :sad2:

We are booked for June 1-8 at AOA, room only, cash. That's obviously not happening. Is there any advantage to letting Disney cancel the reservation vs. canceling it myself?

We are booked for June 1-8 at AOA, room only, cash. That's obviously not happening. Is there any advantage to letting Disney cancel the reservation vs. canceling it myself?

Not that I know of. They took away the free dining offer recently.

A Facebook group my wife and I use has had a couple people later in June get emails from disney. One guy is a florida resident along with being a platinum pass holder and his june 20-28 was canceled at animal kingdom lodge.

We are out as of today. We had tickets for June 22-25 through Undercover Tourist and when I called in April they said they could not refund because over 90 days from order date and Disney hadn't revised rules for June yet. When I reached out today they said they will refund (less the 5% booking fee). Not to get in the mask debate, but my ADHD 8 year old, freaks out when he puts a mask on for a couple minutes. The rest of us could handle the mask, but it would not have been a fun trip trying to make him keep it on. Hoping for June of next year, but will wait to decide.

We are out as of today. We had tickets for June 22-25 through Undercover Tourist and when I called in April they said they could not refund because over 90 days from order date and Disney hadn't revised rules for June yet. When I reached out today they said they will refund (less the 5% booking fee). Not to get in the mask debate, but my ADHD 8 year old, freaks out when he puts a mask on for a couple minutes. The rest of us could handle the mask, but it would not have been a fun trip trying to make him keep it on. Hoping for June of next year, but will wait to decide.

I am sorry, but I totally understand. I would not want to have to walk around all week, constantly having to remind my children to put on their faces masks and to avoid touching anything! I have started a June 2021 planning thread, since I am postponing my trip until then too. Come join me and we can spend the next twelve months planning together.

I have a reservation for the first week in June. Since it looks like I have a better chance at getting struck by lightning than getting in to Disney, I will be looking at moving my trip. For me, it looks like either August or November/December for rebooking. August would be ideal for birthdays but I don’t want to wear a mask in 110 degree weather. November/December would be lovely to see the Christmas decor and the milder weather. But, it will require us to take kids out of school and could put us at the peak of cold/flu season. What are other’s thoughts on rescheduling? I’ve already paid for tickets so I need to book before December 15th.
We feel the same.. we dont want the heat with or without mask. I cant get to close to the holliday season without calling it there christmas. So i think we have decided to go in October stretching it over a weekend to limit days off. We used up our paid vacation time in our two week quarantine after visting Disney in March and We have Disney credits when our trip was cut short to use. Im thinking the kids will like MNSSHP we have not been to that party yet.

We essentially pulled the plug today. We will hold on to our res and FP's in case of a miracle until the last minute, but we came to the realization that it just isn't going to be the experience we are looking for. The masking in the heat (we're struggling with them here in spring in Maine, I can't imagine them in late June in Florida!) Add that to the other proposed protocols, it just seems to have sucked the life out of the magic. The super bummer is MAYBE we'll reschedule for May or June 2021 if my DD's college schedule allows. If not then, possibly early 2022. This was supposed to be our last big family vacation before the kids leave the nest, and the Corona Virus has ripped that from us. >:(

We essentially pulled the plug today. We will hold on to our res and FP's in case of a miracle until the last minute, but we came to the realization that it just isn't going to be the experience we are looking for. The masking in the heat (we're struggling with them here in spring in Maine, I can't imagine them in late June in Florida!) Add that to the other proposed protocols, it just seems to have sucked the life out of the magic. The super bummer is MAYBE we'll reschedule for May or June 2021 if my DD's college schedule allows. If not then, possibly early 2022. This was supposed to be our last big family vacation before the kids leave the nest, and the Corona Virus has ripped that from us. >:(
We have 2 ds25 and ds23 and our little ones ds13 and ds9 we have made a point to vacation together at least once a year. They are broke millennials so usually just the weekend for them. Its really been a great family tradition hopefully something will work in your favor. You live in the NE a lot of really great stuff is not far. I know its not Disney but get a beach house and just have fun being away from people and together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!