***Official June 2019***

Roxyfire

Is butter a carb?
Welcome and we're back baby! It's time to talk about June 2019! We had such a great thread for '18 so let's get rolling again! This is the place to talk all things June (and ok late May and early July too, we don't discriminate!). Ask questions, post your dining and tour plans, get to know your other June-ish travellers.

If you want, share your travel dates and resort and I'll post it in the log.
I'll also be posting any relevant news updates here so you can keep track of it all.

(Updated 1/2/19)
Events:

• Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, featuring expanded Garden Rocks Concert Series (March 6 – June 3)

News Updates:

Last edited:
Travel Log

Roxyfire: May 26-June 2 / Copper Creek Villas
6travel: June 1-7 / Saratoga Springs
Poohsfan1: May 30 - June 8 / Beach Club Villas
KCMA: May 31-June 8 / Bay Lake Tower
JennLTX: May 31 - June 8 / Coronado Springs
CaleCakes: June 1-8 /
Ashleyr409: June 1-8 / Best Western Disney Springs
magrudersmakes3: June 1-8 / Pop Century
Tiggerlover91: June 2-6 / All Star Sports
txcorey: June 2-June 8 / POFQ
jefngeo01: June 2-8 / All Star Movies
Ohio Cindy: June 2-9 / POFQ
ID_Dismom: June 2-11 / Fort Wilderness
Cinderumbrella: June 4-11 /
ssmurphy28: June 4-15 / All Star Sports and Port Orleans split stay
Kimmied316: June 5-9 / Grande Villas Resort
AdrianneB: June 5-12 / Bahama Bay (Off-site)
DisneyFleet: June 6-9 / Boardwalk Villas
KatyWDW: June 6-11 at SSR
Jhourdanhw: June 6-13 / All Star Sports
Rach73: June 6-14 CBR and AKL split stay
MansionNut80: June 7-14 / Pop Century
JenCl456 / June 8-14 / All Star Sports
ArielSRL: June 8-16 / Boulder Ridge
digiMom: June 8-16 / Split Stay BLT and BWV
JustPeachy: June 8-16 / Copper Creek
leja1316: June 9-14 / Grand Floridian
becks59: June 9-16 / Pop Century
xlsm: June 9-16 / Yacht Club
mekay1012: June 10-13 / All Star Sports
Princesspaigey: June 11-14 / Fort Wilderness
Ivycourtneyy: June 12-16 / Caribbean Beach Resort
EilonwyAskOnce: June 15-21 / Contemporary
billlaurie: June 15-21 / Coronado Springs
Jfsag123: June 15-22
dznycrzy: June 15-23 / Port Orleans Riverside
FabFive24: June 17-22 / All Star Movies
brookesmommy / June 19-27/ Split stay between Beach Club and Contemporary
Haz23: June 19-July 5 / All Star Sports
corn princess June 19-22 / POFQ
shellyb84: June 21-July 5 / Split stay Pop, AKL, and BWV
partyofse7en: June 22-30
sydney2977: June 23-29 at Wilderness Lodge
scitti45: June 23-30 / Boulder Ridge
letstalkaboutdisney: June 24-July 3 / Port Orleans French Quarter
eleda72: June 26-July 10 / POFQ
drewsdad: Beach Club

Last edited:
Today we got word that we're booked for a 2 bedroom rental at Copper Creek with our friends! May 26th through June 2nd, so maybe mostly May on the Disney side. However we'll be following that up with 3 or 4 nights over at Universal.

So excited that there is a June 2019 thread :cheer2:. Our plans so far is that we are staying at SSR from June 7-13, but are hoping to switch to BCV at our 7 month mark staying in a 2 bedroom, so until then our dates are not yet set in stone. We will be celebrating my DD's HS graduation and we are all very excited. I am having my DD plan this trip, with my guidance of course, and so far she has done a great job...I taught her well :goodvibes.

So excited that there is a June 2019 thread :cheer2:. Our plans so far is that we are staying at SSR from June 7-13, but are hoping to switch to BCV at our 7 month mark staying in a 2 bedroom, so until then our dates are not yet set in stone. We will be celebrating my DD's HS graduation and we are all very excited. I am having my DD plan this trip, with my guidance of course, and so far she has done a great job...I taught her well :goodvibes.

Awesome and good luck to you in making the switch! Welcome to you my first guest, I wish I could give you a prize but this gif will have to suffice:

giphy.gif

Hello everyone.
First Disney World Trip EVER........
Party will be: ME(Ashley:flower:, DH, DS14, DD12, DS5) We are so excited.
Trip is for June 1-June 8th We are booked at Port Orleans Riverside. If Disney allows the same perks for Disney Spring Hotels, we will probably book at DoubleTree.

So excited that we have a thread now.

Originally we weren't going to go next year due to DS's 8th Grade Europe trip in 2020, but at the end of this past trip, I was feeling REALLY depressed, and DS said, "If we want to come back, I'd be okay staying at Hotel Crazypants* to save money."

So I THINK we're heading back to the World June 1 - 9. Maybe. Hopefully. :crazy2:

*Hotel Crazypants is Pop Century. Because the day-cor there is, frankly, completely crazypants!!!!!!

Hello everyone.
First Disney World Trip EVER........
Party will be: ME(Ashley:flower:, DH, DS14, DD12, DS5) We are so excited.
Trip is for June 1-June 8th We are booked at Port Orleans Riverside. If Disney allows the same perks for Disney Spring Hotels, we will probably book at DoubleTree.

So excited that we have a thread now.

Welcome aboard! And based on the news/rumors thread it does look like the perks were extended through 2019 for the Disney Springs hotels. I can definitely see the benefit of staying in that area.

Originally we weren't going to go next year due to DS's 8th Grade Europe trip in 2020, but at the end of this past trip, I was feeling REALLY depressed, and DS said, "If we want to come back, I'd be okay staying at Hotel Crazypants* to save money."

So I THINK we're heading back to the World June 1 - 9. Maybe. Hopefully. :crazy2:

*Hotel Crazypants is Pop Century. Because the day-cor there is, frankly, completely crazypants!!!!!!

Woo! Glad to have you back, and Pop is clearly aptly named by your boy. It does seem really crazypants! Apparently our 8th grade trip will be Washington DC so that'll be pretty interesting! Did they say where in Europe or is it still being decided? I went to Europe all 4 years of high school and it was amazingly fun, but now I get the feeling they would very much not like the antics we got up to ;)

Woo! Glad to have you back, and Pop is clearly aptly named by your boy. It does seem really crazypants! Apparently our 8th grade trip will be Washington DC so that'll be pretty interesting! Did they say where in Europe or is it still being decided? I went to Europe all 4 years of high school and it was amazingly fun, but now I get the feeling they would very much not like the antics we got up to ;)
It's a whirlwind of a tour: Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris and London. I'm going along, and although I've been to Europe a bunch of times, I can safely say this is probably going to be the most exhausting trip of all!

Welcome aboard! And based on the news/rumors thread it does look like the perks were extended through 2019 for the Disney Springs hotels. I can definitely see the benefit of staying in that area.

Can you send me a link to the Disney Rumor thread about Disney extending through 2019?

It's a whirlwind of a tour: Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris and London. I'm going along, and although I've been to Europe a bunch of times, I can safely say this is probably going to be the most exhausting trip of all!

It's incredibly possible, plus the fun of jetlag!

We just left WDW today and I’m already struggling with the Disney withdrawals. What better way to deal with the sadness of one trip ending then by starting to plan the next! We’re planning on June 15-22 next year. I will be turning 35 on the 20th and I’m so excited about potentially getting to spend my birthday at WDW. Looking forward to planning and counting down with you all!

We're booked for our first ever offsite stay. We were originally planning to do 8-10 days on site and an additional 5ish offsite beforehand to use water parks etc. After doing a little research we found we'd save $2000 by just staying offsite for the whole trip and decided to take the plunge! I'm excited to try offsite. We're a little worried about 30 day fastpasses but otherwise were expecting to be perfectly happy out of the bubble.....and if were wrong, then I guess it'll be a one and done!

Staying at Windsor Hills 5/31-6/15. 10 day tickets park hopper plus. This two plus week trip is going to be less than our one week stay last thanksgiving! Crazy!

Last edited:
We just left WDW today and I’m already struggling with the Disney withdrawals. What better way to deal with the sadness of one trip ending then by starting to plan the next! We’re planning on June 15-22 next year. I will be turning 35 on the 20th and I’m so excited about potentially getting to spend my birthday at WDW. Looking forward to planning and counting down with you all!

I can tell you from experience it's great to be there on your birthday and nothing wrong with planning that next trip. Now you have lots to look forward to!

We're booked for our first ever offsite stay. We were originally planning to do 8-10 days on site and an additional 5ish offsite beforehand to use water parks etc. After doing a little research we found we'd save $2000 by just staying offsite for the whole trip and decided to take the plunge! I'm excited to try offsite. We're a little worried about 30 day fastpasses but otherwise were expecting to be perfectly happy out of the bubble.....and if were wrong, then I guess it'll be a one and done!

Staying in Windsor Hills (Dave Robinson's 402b for those interested) 5/31-6/15. 10 day tickets park hopper plus. This two plus week trip is going to be less than our one week stay last thanksgiving! Crazy!

There's definitely some good benefits to staying off site, especially to enjoy those longer stays. If I weren't DVC (or going without points) I'd probably seriously look into the Disney Springs hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!