***Official June 2019***

We are sad to be missing all the new stuff in the fall but have our fingers crossed that it will result in lower than usual summer crowds, especially during our travel since the FD doesn't start until we depart. The room discount may have thrown a wrench into it.

I’m also hoping for lower summer crowds this summer! I looked at some crowd calendars and I’m getting nervous, even though I know they’re not always accurate. They all predicted my last trip was going to be moderate crowds and that was the most crowded I had seen the resort as a whole. We’ll see!

I’m also hoping for lower summer crowds this summer! I looked at some crowd calendars and I’m getting nervous, even though I know they’re not always accurate. They all predicted my last trip was going to be moderate crowds and that was the most crowded I had seen the resort as a whole. We’ll see!
Apparently June over the last two years, which were our first and second summer trips (all other trips were taken during spring off-season), were the worst as compared to the previous seven some-odd years. And I'll tell you, it really didn't matter. We had our FPs organized, we had our plans in place, and it all worked out beautifully. It is what it is, and if you go into it with a positive attitude, it's going to be fine.

That said, it IS possible I threw a tantrum when it WOULDN'T. STOP. RAINING. in June 2017. It was Day 6. Of STORMS. Storms so pervasive the poor CMs were apologizing (as though they had control over any of it :(). To clarify, said possible tantrum was possibly thrown in the confines of the resort room, and absolutely NOT directed at ANY of the wonderful CMs. BUT I AM ONLY HUMAN. I CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH. AND WET WASHCLOTHS MAKE A SATISFYING SMACK WHEN THROWN ANGRILY AGAINST SHOWER WALLS. :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: And are subsequently picked up and carefully placed so as to allow for easy removal by Mousekeeping the next day... Who definitely had a larger tip than usual waiting for them... :rolleyes1

Hi guys! I haven't been to Magic Kingdom or Epcot since 2015 and I'm so excited to go back! We had annual passes for one year and it was the only time I had ever been to any park other than Magic Kingdom once when I was 13!

We went to Animal Kingdom last summer (also first time since 2015) and we're going to HS in March for one day, but we're going to MK and Epcot in June!

It's great that we only live a couple hours away but I really do wish we could go on a long vacation! Regardless I'm thankful to go at all! :) Maybe some day annual passes will be an option for us again!

Currently planning to stay at Ft Wilderness from Tuesday 6/11 - Friday 6/14. My daughter's 8th birthday is 6/15 but we have to return so she can spend part of the day with her dad. :)

Arrival day will be pools, relaxing, and either Disney springs or hang out at the resort.

Wednesday we will be at Epcot.

Thursday we'll be at Magic Kingdom with a PPO breakfast at BOG!

Friday we have a late Bon Voyage breakfast planned.

I want to try to add one more *something special* to the trip but it'd have to be less than $70ish per person... and unfortunately my husband can't eat most things so that eliminates most extras! Any recommendations? :)

Last edited:
During our trip in June, my daughter has booked a pirate makeover for her family at MK, for a girl who is turning 8 in October and boy who is turning 5 in June. The kids are super excited. There are different options. Search under The Pirates League. It is definitely cheaper than $70.

Hi guys! I haven't been to Magic Kingdom or Epcot since 2015 and I'm so excited to go back! We had annual passes for one year and it was the only time I had ever been to any park other than Magic Kingdom once when I was 13!

We went to Animal Kingdom last summer (also first time since 2015) and we're going to HS in March for one day, but we're going to MK and Epcot in June!

It's great that we only live a couple hours away but I really do wish we could go on a long vacation! Regardless I'm thankful to go at all! :) Maybe some day annual passes will be an option for us again!

Currently planning to stay at Ft Wilderness from Tuesday 6/11 - Friday 6/14. My daughter's 8th birthday is 6/15 but we have to return so she can spend part of the day with her dad. :)

Arrival day will be pools, relaxing, and either Disney springs or hang out at the resort.

I want to try to add one more *something special* to the trip but it'd have to be less than $70ish per person... and unfortunately my husband can't eat most things so that eliminates most extras! Any recommendations? :)

At CBR and YC they have a Pirate Adventure Cruise for kids 4-12. Our DD9 has done it every year at YC since she was 5 and loves it! It's a 2 hour kid's only cruise. I think now they offer it M, W, F (at least at YC, not sure about CBR) from 9:30AM - 11:30AM. They're provided with drinks and snacks, a cool pirate hat, and a treasure chest of little toys. It's less than $40 per child.

At CBR and YC they have a Pirate Adventure Cruise for kids 4-12. Our DD9 has done it every year at YC since she was 5 and loves it! It's a 2 hour kid's only cruise. I think now they offer it M, W, F (at least at YC, not sure about CBR) from 9:30AM - 11:30AM. They're provided with drinks and snacks, a cool pirate hat, and a treasure chest of little toys. It's less than $40 per child.
My son has been on the YC cruise twice and the (sadly no longer available) GF cruise once. He LOVED them. The CMs are completely awesome, and the YC cruise was especially cool because they take the boat all the way over to the Canada Pavilion before World Showcase opens up. If you're DVC or AP there's a nice little discount, too. And assuming you aren't opposed to a little somethin' in your morning OJ, relaxing around the YC enjoying an adult beverage while the kids are off having fun is an AWESOME way to start the day. :love:

Early morning magic for fantasyland is now available for June! I just booked it for my family for June 4th. So excited!
How fun! As I was afraid of, they have EMM the morning we have a PPO ADR at CRT. Hopefully it won't be too crowded when we get out.

Early morning magic for fantasyland is now available for June! I just booked it for my family for June 4th. So excited!
Unfortunately it doesn't fit with our schedule this time around. They also just extended EMM for Toy Story Land into May; here's hoping they scootch it out into June!

Hello! We have a trip booked June 17-22, staying at All Star Movies (unless I continue to feel antsy about the renovations and switch to Pop instead).

My daughter and I have been to Disney World twice before but for my SO and his two kids, it's their first time. Plus, our first vacation as a family. I'm equal parts excited and anxious and just hoping everything goes well!

How does the EMM impact the park for the day? We were planning MK for our first park day on 6/16 and it is now an EMM day. We have reservations for BOG for an early lunch. We don't want to spend any more $$$ for this event. We are looking at a $20,000 trip already between Disney and Universal for 12 people!

How does the EMM impact the park for the day? We were planning MK for our first park day on 6/16 and it is now an EMM day. We have reservations for BOG for an early lunch. We don't want to spend any more $$$ for this event. We are looking at a $20,000 trip already between Disney and Universal for 12 people!

As far as I've read, the impact is pretty minimal. I wouldn't let it worry you at all. Unlike the holiday parties, these really are low capacity events. At worst you might see a few more people at Space Mountain, Big Thunder, or Splash Mountain just after opening because they have knocked out a lot of Fantasyland early.

Welcome aboard! I'm not very sure on many of these opportunities but it sounds like you have some good ideas already. Good luck in finding something that works!

I wonder if they will have any Disney After Hours in June??? I am waiting to purchase regular tickets until I see if they schedule any. But I have to purchase regular tickets before 60 day fast pass window.

Early Morning Magic doesn't tempt me but After Hours definitely does. Especially since I can get a discount. I'll be watching/waiting for that one.

Hello! We have a trip booked June 17-22, staying at All Star Movies (unless I continue to feel antsy about the renovations and switch to Pop instead).

My daughter and I have been to Disney World twice before but for my SO and his two kids, it's their first time. Plus, our first vacation as a family. I'm equal parts excited and anxious and just hoping everything goes well!

You're in as well. It's ok to feel antsy about construction. For what they charge for even the all stars rooms it needs to be a something you're ok with. But at least room renovations are on the low end of disruptive. I hope your SO and his kids have a great first trip!

So I know I posted on this thread before but I really don't remember when I last did. I was a lost soul for a bit and disappeared from the boards. I slowly eased my way back but now, I am dedicated to staying here if I can. I just started a PTR because we have 8 trips in the works this year. It is in my signature if anyone wants to follow along.

Anywho, I did dining and we have an over abundance of ADRs. San Angel, BOG PPO, Whispering Canyon, Hollywood & Vine PPO, Homecomin', Beaches & Cream, Crystal Palace, Yachtsman, Yak & Yeti, Storybook Dining at AP, Garden Grill, and Sanaa. Not sure if I will keep them all, but thats a decision for another day. Also planning to book Pirates & Pals and the Star wars Dessert Party. We will activate our APs in June and we will also have Tables in Wonderland.

Our first upcoming trip is March 1-3 so I am really trying to focus on one trip at a time....but I do have a nice, customized planning notebook that is helping me to keep all these trips and plans straight. June is our big trip, where as the rest are long weekend type events.

We are currently 118 days out! Wahoo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter