***Official June 2019***

Hi all! First June trip, we’ve only ever done August or September. POR, 6/15-23. Myself, DD 17 and DD 15. My oldest DS 20, will be joining us on the 23rd and we’re going to rent a car and stay on Cocoa Beach for a few days of relaxation. He’s not a huge Disney fan so much anymore (sad, I know, but I still love him, lol), but he’s studying aerospace engineering at Penn State, so that’ll be fun for him. So how does the weather in June compare to August?

Our dates need to be updated, please! Our trip is June 21st - July 5th. We are at Pop 1 night, then 6 nights AKV, and 7 nights BWV. This will be our first time at BW, and our first time in the villas at AKL.

I've booked the Illuminations dining package for July 4th, and I'm hoping to book the DVC dining experience with fireworks at TOTWL (I can't remember the exact name, I think the dinner is at the Wave) for July 3rd if they extend it past June 30th and it's not blacked out. We're going to do H2O Glow Nights either the 27th or 29th, I can't decide!

Hi all! First June trip, we’ve only ever done August or September. POR, 6/15-23. Myself, DD 17 and DD 15. My oldest DS 20, will be joining us on the 23rd and we’re going to rent a car and stay on Cocoa Beach for a few days of relaxation. He’s not a huge Disney fan so much anymore (sad, I know, but I still love him, lol), but he’s studying aerospace engineering at Penn State, so that’ll be fun for him. So how does the weather in June compare to August?

You're in, welcome! I haven't ever been in August but it is pretty hot in June. Maybe not quite as bad though?

Our dates need to be updated, please! Our trip is June 21st - July 5th. We are at Pop 1 night, then 6 nights AKV, and 7 nights BWV. This will be our first time at BW, and our first time in the villas at AKL.

I've booked the Illuminations dining package for July 4th, and I'm hoping to book the DVC dining experience with fireworks at TOTWL (I can't remember the exact name, I think the dinner is at the Wave) for July 3rd if they extend it past June 30th and it's not blacked out. We're going to do H2O Glow Nights either the 27th or 29th, I can't decide!

Ok you're updated!

DH and I have decided to do a different kind of trip for June...I learned how to relax on our new year's trip, LOL, and we both enjoyed it. So we are going to take a more laid back approach to this one, too.

We're going to try going with no ADRs. For the Jan trip, we ended up changing nearly all of our reservations once we arrived anyway, and since we'll be a party of two instead of four, and we tend to go Signature when we're by ourselves, we're fairly committed to this plan. I say "fairly committed", because I like to plan trips, and I know I'm not going to be able to resist making SOME kind of ADRs, even if they do end up changed later on.

One thing we're 100% committed to is booking the Backstage Magic tour, and we're about 60% ready to book the Rivers of Light Dessert Party (he's never seen it, and I hated the regular seating area - but when I did it solo I was on the Tiffins RoL dining package and the show was new and CROWDED.)

If I'm going to stick to this "no ADR" thing, you guys might have to be my therapy group when I am either tempted and need encouragement, or when I just plain fail spectacularly and book a meal every day :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
We are doing a more laid back approach this time. Not rope dropping. Gulp. Haha. But arriving late afternoon early evening to each park. Will have three fast passes ready and enjoy ambiance of park at sunset. No ADR but just quick servicing this trip. I’m excited and nervous!

So how does the weather in June compare to August?
I went mid June 2016 and I went August 2018. I don’t remember June being unbearable. EPCOT was HOT but I still wanted to be in the park. August was way too hot for me. It was okay our first couple of days but AK was awful. We went to HS after checking out of the resort before our flight and had never seen Toy Story Land so we didn’t leave, but if I had a room to go to I would have left that day. I don’t remember June being like that. It also only rained one afternoon and one day off and on in June, which was way better than expected!

We are doing a more laid back approach this time. Not rope dropping. Gulp. Haha. But arriving late afternoon early evening to each park. Will have three fast passes ready and enjoy ambiance of park at sunset. No ADR but just quick servicing this trip. I’m excited and nervous!
I did that a couple of trips ago and actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It was nice to be able to change plans morning of if we wanted to and eat when we wanted. We tried more snacks that trip too, which was nice!

We have been the last two Junes and have had amazing trips both times. It does get hot midday but we planned indoor attractions and lunch etc during those times. The only unbearable day was a day at AK. That park always seems the hottest to me which is probably crazy but it does. We went into the Nemo musical and then left. But we had accomplished most everything that morning so we were good. You can get pop up showers in June so just know that going in. I swear by carrying some water proof sandals in backpack and tucking tennis shoes into ziplocks to keep them dry during rain. My teens don’t want to rope drop Disney this year so we will be arriving late afternoon around 4, Eating something then riding. I hope the rain doesn’t get us and that park hours are extended. Have a wonderful trip!

We have been the last two Junes and have had amazing trips both times. It does get hot midday but we planned indoor attractions and lunch etc during those times. The only unbearable day was a day at AK. That park always seems the hottest to me which is probably crazy but it does. We went into the Nemo musical and then left. But we had accomplished most everything that morning so we were good. You can get pop up showers in June so just know that going in. I swear by carrying some water proof sandals in backpack and tucking tennis shoes into ziplocks to keep them dry during rain. My teens don’t want to rope drop Disney this year so we will be arriving late afternoon around 4, Eating something then riding. I hope the rain doesn’t get us and that park hours are extended. Have a wonderful trip!
Thanks for the great advice! Boy, if my teens want to sleep in at Disney, I’ll be at rope drop myself, lol!

Welcome and we're back baby! It's time to talk about June 2019! We had such a great thread for '18 so let's get rolling again! This is the place to talk all things June (and ok late May and early July too, we don't discriminate!). Ask questions, post your dining and tour plans, get to know your other June-ish travellers.

If you want, share your travel dates and resort and I'll post it in the log.
I'll also be posting any relevant news updates here so you can keep track of it all.

(Updated 1/2/19)
Events:

• Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, featuring expanded Garden Rocks Concert Series (March 6 – June 3)

News Updates:

First trip to the World since 2012 and have discovered by perusing this site that there have been significant changes since our last trip, especially with the FP system! We are traveling with 3 other families and staying for the first time at CSR from 6/15-6/21 followed by one night at RPR and then some short trips to beaches on both coasts. We have never been in the summer so are a little concerned about the heat and less so, the crowds. Traditionally we have gone over President's Day, which is crowded. Our biggest stress now is the FP system and having to plan the specific park so far in advance. Also concerned about having to stay connected, phones charged, MDE, etc. We decided to splurge for the meal plan and have already made our ADRs. All advice welcome!

We go in June every year. And yes, it's hot. I mean, it is June... I have never found it to be unbearable. I actually enjoy it. Especially when the high today is 25 degrees with a wind chill making it feel 10. Staying at the Contemporary for the first time ever and cannot wait.... 129 days to go!

I am with you about the weather and that is why we typically go in winter to escape it! I love the heat, personally, and want to eventually retire to Florida. Some members of my group, however, may see otherwise :) BTW, we are a group of 12, mostly adults, two kids, 5 and 7, and oldest mid-50s.

I am with you about the weather and that is why we typically go in winter to escape it! I love the heat, personally, and want to eventually retire to Florida. Some members of my group, however, may see otherwise :) BTW, we are a group of 12, mostly adults, two kids, 5 and 7, and oldest mid-50s.
As for staying connected I usually have my cellphone and my husband has his. We do all of the My Disney Experience App on my phone. Download app if you haven’t yet. Get to know it before the trip. I take one of those rechargeable phone batteries and make sure it’s fully charged. When my cellphone gets low I plug it into the battery pack thing. Often will do this while we are eating lunch or something. Some people go to Disney with little plans and enjoy the flexibility. I’m more of a planner and always have three FP booked in advance. Yes we have to decide which park which day ahead of time but it hasn’t ever been an issue for us. Honestly if we had to decide each morning where we were gonna go I think there would be disagreements so this way it’s set and done. My family appreciates my planning because it means less time waiting in lines. We go in June and the warm weather isn’t all that bad. Just plan to eat or do inside attractions or take a break during the hottest part of the day. We drink a ton of water when it’s this hot. We have each adult carry one of those drawstring bags. We each put a reusable water bottle in there and a poncho along with other essentials. Many places will give you free cups of water and we always fill our bottles up when eating lunch etc. stay hydrated ! Sounds like y’all have an amazing trip planned. Have a wonderful time!

Thank you for the tip about the battery pack. I think I am going to need to update my phone too before we go because my battery drains quickly. I have downloaded the app, but haven't played with it yet and use it only to look at our plans. We have our ADRs, so we are already tied to the parks for those since we don't have park hoppers, but after reading other threads, am nervous about getting FP for the new rides and adding more than 3 once we have used them. There is so much new stuff since 2012 that it is a bit overwhelming!

You are already way ahead of the game by researching and planning. After you use your initial 3 preplanned fast passes you will be able to get another one using the app you downloaded. Is that where you are confused?

You are already way ahead of the game by researching and planning. After you use your initial 3 preplanned fast passes you will be able to get another one using the app you downloaded. Is that where you are confused?
I am not confused as much as concerned about getting the popular fastpasses...when we book them, the 60+1, 60+2 talk. For example, we have planned AK on 6/17, so based on the FP thread that is 60+2 (we arrive 6/15). Is that out far enough to get FOP for a group of 12 (breaking up into small groups) in June that is not too late in the day? We plan to ropedrop and head first to FOP without a FP but want to ride again. We had the old paper system down and I'm sure we will get this one down too once we start doing it!

I am not confused as much as concerned about getting the popular fastpasses...when we book them, the 60+1, 60+2 talk. For example, we have planned AK on 6/17, so based on the FP thread that is 60+2 (we arrive 6/15). Is that out far enough to get FOP for a group of 12 (breaking up into small groups) in June that is not too late in the day? We plan to ropedrop and head first to FOP without a FP but want to ride again. We had the old paper system down and I'm sure we will get this one down too once we start doing it!
We did AK on day 60+4 and got a pass for around noon. I don’t think there is really anyway to know how it will play out in every scenario. If you are locked into your days and don’t want to move around ADR then try to get the fast pass but if it doesn’t happen plan on getting there at least an hour before park opening to rope drop. Fingers crossed for you! Oh and one more quick tip. Last year as we got closer to our June dates Disney extended the hours of the parks which made new fast passes pop up for rides. So if you don’t get it with the first try keep an eye out for changes in park hours. If AK extends closing by a couple of hours people will post that on the forum and you can try to snag one. They would more tHan likely be in the evening but I hear AK at night is lovely.

First trip to the World since 2012 and have discovered by perusing this site that there have been significant changes since our last trip, especially with the FP system! We are traveling with 3 other families and staying for the first time at CSR from 6/15-6/21 followed by one night at RPR and then some short trips to beaches on both coasts. We have never been in the summer so are a little concerned about the heat and less so, the crowds. Traditionally we have gone over President's Day, which is crowded. Our biggest stress now is the FP system and having to plan the specific park so far in advance. Also concerned about having to stay connected, phones charged, MDE, etc. We decided to splurge for the meal plan and have already made our ADRs. All advice welcome!

I have you added so welcome! It looks like others have given you some great advice. We are traveling with another family for the first time this year and I have to remind myself that we may have to be a lot more flexible in order to make sure everyone has a good time. I think if you break into smaller groups you should easily be able to get the fastpasses you want. I would say use your dining reservations as a template for which parks in which day. I don't think it matters so much which park is "best" for each day unless you're using extra magic hours as a guide (whether to use or avoid). My only advice would be maybe avoid Magic Kingdom on a Saturday. But with it being the summer right before Galaxy's Edge opens, it's very possible the whole summer could be fairly light compared to past years.

From your mouth to the Mouse's ears... :worship:
We are sad to be missing all the new stuff in the fall but have our fingers crossed that it will result in lower than usual summer crowds, especially during our travel since the FD doesn't start until we depart. The room discount may have thrown a wrench into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter