***Official June 2018***

June 9-15, All-Star Sports. Our family of three & SIL's family of seven. Three first-timers, one birthday, & one high school graduation. Just hoping to keep the kids from killing each other...
that is a huge group. i thought planning for 4 was tough

June 9-15, All-Star Sports. Our family of three & SIL's family of seven. Three first-timers, one birthday, & one high school graduation. Just hoping to keep the kids from killing each other...

LOL well, good luck! And welcome aboard!

So word around our house is a Disney 2018 trip in early June. School schedule being the main reason for our deviation from our preferred December trips.
My husband and I took an adult only Universal trip earlier this month and we really enjoyed ourselves, but we did not visit any Disney parks (we just could bring our selves to with out the kiddos.) DH said hopefully Toy Story land will be running and we will explore any thing else that will be new. We have not had a summer Disney trip since summer of 2004(wow) so hopefully the heat will not make to much off an impact on our trip. Looking forward to planning with the group.

:yay::yay:

So word around our house is a Disney 2018 trip in early June. School schedule being the main reason for our deviation from our preferred December trips.
My husband and I took an adult only Universal trip earlier this month and we really enjoyed ourselves, but we did not visit any Disney parks (we just could bring our selves to with out the kiddos.) DH said hopefully Toy Story land will be running and we will explore any thing else that will be new. We have not had a summer Disney trip since summer of 2004(wow) so hopefully the heat will not make to much off an impact on our trip. Looking forward to planning with the group.

i have never found the heat to be too bad. Of course i live in central Texas, so take that with a grain of salt.

Welcome aboard with us! I'll tell ya, I went the last week of May/first week of June this year (aw already a month ago!) and it was toasty out there. But thanks to some cooling towels, ice water, and breaks it really wasn't too awful. Eventually I think we kinda got used to it. We had no build up either as it had been rather chilly up north where we live. I'm hopeful there will be a more solid date for Toy Story soon. I think that would be a really nice way to start the summer.

i have never found the heat to be too bad. Of course i live in central Texas, so take that with a grain of salt.
Hello, Fellow Texan! :thumbsup2 This year was our first June trip, and on "the" hot day, it wasn't terrible. Mind you, the other days it was pouring rain, so I don't really have a good handle on what to expect from Florida in June...
:umbrella:

Well howdy! We are in North Texas DFW area, DH said Florida humidity is what makes it different from Texas heat. I will say we spent three straight days at the Universal parks earlier this month and by noon on the third day I was done, completely exhausted I blamed the heat :sunny:

James will be 12 1/2 by then. Staring down 13. I'll be the mom at the bar, crying in my Abita Purple Haze because my baby is about to be a teenager... :sad::sad::sad:

James will be 12 1/2 by then. Staring down 13. I'll be the mom at the bar, crying in my Abita Purple Haze because my baby is about to be a teenager... :sad::sad::sad:

I'm not too far away from that myself. Dylan is tiny but he just turned 11 in the spring!

Well howdy! We are in North Texas DFW area, DH said Florida humidity is what makes it different from Texas heat. I will say we spent three straight days at the Universal parks earlier this month and by noon on the third day I was done, completely exhausted I blamed the heat :sunny:
we are in hill country, but i grew up in greenville area.

as far as florida weather goes it is difficult to compare for sure, similar to around here, it will change its mind many times a day. I think of it like the automated tower of terror ride, no two people have the same experience unless they are there at the same time.

Well I'm booked for Bay Lake, 6 nights in a Lake View studio. Totally forgot to wake up early and try for the standard view. I'm going to try to book a studio at the Polynesian Villas at the 7 month window. Seems like it would still work out for us but who knows once it gets sold out. If not then we'll be happy to return to the Lodge and try out either of those. I keep trying to get my boyfriend to come along but he's such a grinch about travel. He'd rather sit at home and babysit the cats! Oh well, that's important too ;)

He... I... WHAT??? :scratchin :scratchin :scratchin

I'm sure he, um, has, "other" redeeming qualities??? :confused3

Well 99% of that time is spent with the xbox, the other 1% is useful stuff. At least he's pretty, that counts for something right? :)

This is helpful news to me. We are in the DFW area, and if we go next June, it will be our first summer trip. I've survived more than one trip to Six Flags in 100+degree weather, so I'm hoping the Florida heat won't be too much for us to take.

Well, the wife hates the Cabins at FW, plus she's acting concerned with the costs, which I have to admit is an important consideration. We'll probably end up staying off site, maybe an AirBNB. I hope we can find one with a pool at least.

Okay, major change to plans (that could still change again.) Definitely staying offsite, but most likely flying. The consensus is that it's just too darn far to drive, and stopping at the halfway point means fewer days we could spend in Disney/Universal. Found a great deal on a Windsor Hills condo and will probably rent a car to get around. Really excited because in addition to WDW we'll be paying our first visit to Universal and maybe Legoland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!