****Official DLR July Check In 2.0****

Those are interresting, but I don't think would be allowed. At least here in the Bay Area. They are very specific about what a 'face covering' is, and anything with holes doesn't pass.

There’s face mask rules???? What are they? I was thinking about wearing an open bottom mask if we got to go so we didn’t get so hot. Like bandana, just have a top tie. They aren’t required where I live.

In the San Francisco Bay Area (I'm in San Mateo County), or Public Health Order says:

As used in this Order, a “Face Covering” means a covering made of cloth, fabric, or other soft or permeable material, without holes, that covers only the nose and mouth and surrounding areas of the lower face. A covering that hides or obscures the wearer’s eyes or forehead is not a Face Covering. Examples of Face Coverings include a scarf or bandana; a neck gaiter; a homemade covering made from a t-shirt, sweatshirt, or towel, held on with rubber bands or otherwise; or a mask, which need not be medical-grade.

Basically, if it has holes or is easy to breathe through, it won't protect you, so doesn't meet the requirements. It's confusing. I did a quick search to see if I could find an Orange County Health Order, but didn't see anything, so I don't know what/if any the rules are down there.

Thank you. I didn’t even think to see if there were requirements. I did find some cooling gaiters I might get, but waiting to see if Disney will open before I buy them. You can soak them in water and it cools you.

Updated 5-26

There is a new update (May 26) on the DLR website (posted on Post #1) mostly what has changed is a COVID-19 warning.

Also Governor Newsome also gave us July-ers some hope for our trips!! For more details see the above post with a link.

🍀🍀🍀

... Basically, if it has holes or is easy to breathe through, it won't protect you, so doesn't meet the requirements. It's confusing. I did a quick search to see if I could find an Orange County Health Order, but didn't see anything, so I don't know what/if any the rules are down there.
The Bay Area has some of the strictest rules about face masks. The rest of CA isn't necessarily so strict. Some counties have regulations and some are more relaxed. At this time, OC doesn't appear to have strict regulations about face masks. Neither does L.A. County. Both counties require face masks, but aren't stringent (within reason!) about what you can't wear.

WDW has submitted their re-opening plans with July 11th and July 15th being targeted for the various parks. Makes me think that DL may not occur until August as they will likely want to take a wait and see approach first before moving to open DL.

WDW has submitted their re-opening plans with July 11th and July 15th being targeted for the various parks. Makes me think that DL may not occur until August as they will likely want to take a wait and see approach first before moving to open DL.

That’s what I’m thinking too, or late July at best. And I was so hopeful yesterday! Sea World Orlando is saying June 10, and San Diego is saying July 1 (exactly 3 weeks later), so there’s definitely being a precedent set of opening the FL parks first. If Disney follows that kind of delay with DLR (pure speculation of course), that would put the opening around August 1 or 5. (3 weeks after July 11 and 15.)

But as always, who really knows.

Personally, we’re probably going to just wait until next summer. I guess the delayed trips will be sweeter because of the wait, right?

Last edited:
I just read DisneyWorld’s plan. I’m still holding on to a sliver of hope, but I don’t think it’s likely for my family. (July 1)

That’s what I’m thinking too, or late July at best. And I was so hopeful yesterday! Sea World Orlando is saying June 10, and San Diego is saying July 1 (exactly 3 weeks later), so there’s definitely being a precedent set of opening the FL parks first. If Disney follows that kind of delay with DLR (pure speculation of course), that would put the opening around August 1 or 5. (3 weeks after July 11 and 15.)

But as always, who really knows.

Personally, we’re probably going to just wait until next summer. I guess the delayed trips will be sweeter because of the wait, right?

Yep, I’m thinking that a trip next summer will be a better thing for our family as well. Our kids are 3 & 5 and with the mask requirements and at least in the plans WDW has announced with no character meet and greets, no fireworks, and no parades I don’t feel like it would be a good first Disney experience for them. Hopefully by next summer things will be a bit more “normal” and some of those things will have returned to their glory days.

I think we are out too. I don’t see them opening by July 6. I have a week in August off I could come but I’d rather not go when it’s so hot. I’m a baby when it comes to heat. I have a feeling next spring break will be packed so we will see. ☹️

Basically, if it has holes or is easy to breathe through, it won't protect you, so doesn't meet the requirements. It's confusing. I did a quick search to see if I could find an Orange County Health Order, but didn't see anything, so I don't know what/if any the rules are down there.
I thought the point was to protect others, though. If I'm looking to protect myself, I need an N-95.

Yes, unfortunately many of us in the Bay Area have N-95s with vents from the wildfires. The vents make it much easier to breath while still protecting ourselves. For Covid, it's the opposite, we can't have the vents because they don't protect other people. Same thing with the holes.

First timer to Disneyland here...we booked our vacation package through Disneyland.com back in November 2019. Staying at The Tropicana from July 21 - 26 and purchased 5 day park hopper tickets with MaxPass. Would these be considered dated tickets since I am going to be there during set dates? Not sure how this works.

I would hope that if people have vacation packages already purchased that they would be able to enter one of the parks each day of their vacation. I will be keeping a close eye on how WDW handles this new reservation system. I don't see the point in keeping a vacation package if I can't get reservations for each day that we are out there.

Here's hoping that Disneyland opens shortly after WDW :)

Yes, unfortunately many of us in the Bay Area have N-95s with vents from the wildfires. The vents make it much easier to breath while still protecting ourselves. For Covid, it's the opposite, we can't have the vents because they don't protect other people. Same thing with the holes.
If necessary, it is possible to put filters in the valves. You can cut up pieces of N95 filter to fit or, much more cost effective, cut up layers of coffee filter to fit the valves. Humboldt County had an exception clause to allow for masks with valves as long as the valves had filters. If your county only allows masks without any valves, then that's the only option. But, if you only have one mask and it has a valve, at least you can put a filter in the valve.

Hi All,

We had two vacations planned for July. We are local (San Diego area). I currently have reservations for the 4th weekend. This was a replacement for a May trip to celebrate my son's birthday, May the 4th and mother's day. With the news out of WDW, I am thinking this trip will not happen.
We also planned to go at the end of month for my daughter's birthday. I am really hoping that we can at least get this one in and have a big celebration for us all.
I am seriously having Disney withdrawals.
I am really afraid it won't open until mid-August when we all return to school.

We canceled our flights/ trip today. We are coming from Ohio and would rather my kids get the full Disneyland experience so we will wait until February or June depending on the kids school and how travel looks as it gets closer. I am super bummed but seeing the Space Shuttle at the science museum in LA was also very high on our list so we want to make sure it is also open.

We officially cancelled and fully gave up hope our trip will happen. We are just done chasing it. Hopefully we will be able to come spring break. We are heading to Idaho Silverwood next week instead. Not as exciting but they open this weekend!! We need to get out and have some fun! Good Luck everyone!!! I hope all your trips happen and it’s the best time ever!

I’m sorry to see you cancel Capitalangel and Funtimeswithteenagers. I’m not expecting my trip to happen either, but I will wait for a couple more weeks to decide. I hate not knowing.

I got an email from Best Western Stovall's this afternoon. They cancelled their reservation. It appears that all 4 of their properties are closed until further notice. Dang it. Now I'm going to go see if Park Vue Inn has any availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!