***Official July 2019 thread***

Hi everyone. I know the crowds are bad on July 3 and 4. I have a dinner reservation at be our guest at 10pm on july 3rd. What are the chances I can watch the fireworks, and still get to be our guest by 10? Im afraid when the fireworks are done, it will be hard to get to be our guest. But we do have about a half hour?

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I know the crowds are bad on July 3 and 4. I have a dinner reservation at be our guest at 10pm on july 3rd. What are the chances I can watch the fireworks, and still get to be our guest by 10? Im afraid when the fireworks are done, it will be hard to get to be our guest. But we do have about a half hour?

You could always watch from the bridge to BOG. It's a great place to watch fireworks.

We are booked for July 12th - 23 at BCV and Yacht club. Had to do a split stay between the two because I couldn't get the discount at one resort for the entire week. Kinda hoping another discount might become available so we can do the entire thing in one room but not a big deal of course :)

Anyone else waiting for FEA dessert party dates to be released?
My plan is to go on the 24th.
June dates just opened up the other day and I'm anxiously awaiting July!

Has anyone bought airfare yet? I've been watching and plan to buy at the end of this month and of course, flights are now higher than ever. Could just be today, but now I'm wondering what's the best time to purchase air fare? I'll have cash in hand at the end of the month. Hope prices go back down again, though!

I bought airfare when I booked my trip back in mid December.
Flying SWA from BUF to MCO. Only $217 PP for non stop RT :)

We’re going in July! I was super excited when the June dates finally opened up, but quickly disappointed when I realized it was ONLY June dates. . Hopefully the July dates will be released soon!

Anyone else struggling with their plans? I'm trying to work on ours and of course I've already changed them from my previous post.

Here's what I have now:

7/4--drive in from Tallahassee. I'm concerned about traffic and am not getting any response on the Transportation board. Does anyone have experience navigating around WDW on the 4th? I'm thinking we should not make any FPs for MK before 4pm. We also have the dessert party booked. Hoping for a midnight closing!

7/5--sleep in, BOMA breakfast, pool time and then Epcot in evening.

7/6--offsite fun and character outlet shopping, then pool time.

7/7--EMM at MK maybe HS in evening

7/8--EMM at HS then AK in evening

7/9--AK then leave for the beach!

Anyone else struggling with their plans?

Yes! Though I’ve learned that our family is happier not planning everything out. DS10 is extremely cranky if I try to wake him up early so we’re doing FPs at night and no breakfast reservations. We also change things around while there if needed.

As for the 4th, I’ve never been but we’re planning on Epcot that day.

I’ve also added days to the beginning of our trip as we get closer and I’m considering adding even one more day! Haha. It all depends on the flights, which I’ll be buying sometime in April.

Anyone else struggling with their plans?

Nope lol.
As per usual I decided on a plan and I'm stickin to it.
July 22nd: Arrive in the AM. DS in the afternoon otherwise hang out in the lounge and our room.
July 23rd: AK in the AM and MK in the PM.
July 24th: HS in the AM and Epcot in the PM (hoping for FEA dessert party)
July 25th: MK in the AM with BOG lunch and Epcot in the PM
July 26th: DS for lunch and then hang out in the lounge until DME.

It would be easier if Disney would release the "extras" for July. That way I would know if we are going to be able to do MK After Hours.

As for now, I am acting like it won't happen.

As usual, I am trying too hard to fit too much in.

I hadn't thought about driving, hopefully as we are leaving for the beach from Disney on the 4th it isn't as insane, but it may be around panama city...ugh...
Definitely need to decide if we take 75 up to 10 and over, or take 27 after Ocala over to 98. Hmmmm.

As for our days, been working/tweaking those since yesterday. As of right now:
Arrive Friday June 28th around 3-4, SSR.
Sat 29th
DS Trex lunch at 11 (DS7 request)
Shop
Check in CR, CM @5 (Another request by DS :rolleyes:, we have avoided it for years, I finally caved)
P&P cruise at 8
Sunday 30th
EMM MK leave around 1ish (After 4 FP)
check in to BWI CL (Doing CL FP)
evening dinner at Epcot, R&C, FP for Frozen and TT, bed by 10
Monday July 1
EMM HS, 3 FPs, leave at 12ish
back for SW Dessert party and 3 more FPs before (5-8)
Tuesday July 2
AK RFC either at 9:45 or 12:30, 3 FPs (not sure on when depends on which ADR) leave, check in to AKL, head back to AK for dinner at 6:10 TH and 3 FPs, 1 b4 2 after. Hoping the kids will get a few SB rides on EE at the end of the night.
Wednesday July 3rd
Possibly 11:30 Tony's for FoF package, 3 FPs, check in to Polynesian (We will park here and monorail over to MK)
Ohana at 5:10, head to after dessert party at 7:30ish at MK.
Thursday
leave for beach, Beachside Resort Panama City. :)

IF they would surprise me with DAH at AK for Tuesday the 2nd, then we are scratching CL FP. I am planning as if there will not be DAH, and I book my CL FPs next week.
Still tweaking, obviously, but have to narrow down by my CL FP day!
Sorry for the lengthy post. :o

I hadn't thought about driving, hopefully as we are leaving for the beach from Disney on the 4th it isn't as insane, but it may be around panama city...ugh...
Definitely need to decide if we take 75 up to 10 and over, or take 27 after Ocala over to 98. Hmmmm.

As for our days, been working/tweaking those since yesterday. As of right now:
Arrive Friday June 28th around 3-4, SSR.
Sat 29th
DS Trex lunch at 11 (DS7 request)
Shop
Check in CR, CM @5 (Another request by DS :rolleyes:, we have avoided it for years, I finally caved)
P&P cruise at 8
Sunday 30th
EMM MK leave around 1ish (After 4 FP)
check in to BWI CL (Doing CL FP)
evening dinner at Epcot, R&C, FP for Frozen and TT, bed by 10
Monday July 1
EMM HS, 3 FPs, leave at 12ish
back for SW Dessert party and 3 more FPs before (5-8)
Tuesday July 2
AK RFC either at 9:45 or 12:30, 3 FPs (not sure on when depends on which ADR) leave, check in to AKL, head back to AK for dinner at 6:10 TH and 3 FPs, 1 b4 2 after. Hoping the kids will get a few SB rides on EE at the end of the night.
Wednesday July 3rd
Possibly 11:30 Tony's for FoF package, 3 FPs, check in to Polynesian (We will park here and monorail over to MK)
Ohana at 5:10, head to after dessert party at 7:30ish at MK.
Thursday
leave for beach, Beachside Resort Panama City. :)

IF they would surprise me with DAH at AK for Tuesday the 2nd, then we are scratching CL FP. I am planning as if there will not be DAH, and I book my CL FPs next week.
Still tweaking, obviously, but have to narrow down by my CL FP day!
Sorry for the lengthy post. :o

It always helps to type it all out! I've been able to figure some things out thanks to these threads.

Counting down until July! I just added a couple of things to our trip ~ Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land on July 3rd and afternoon tea at the Garden View Tea Room on July 8th. Just trying to figure out which day to book Keys to the Kingdom for and when to see Hoop Dee Doo Review. Has anyone heard about After Hours at any of the parks?

Counting down until July! I just added a couple of things to our trip ~ Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land on July 3rd and afternoon tea at the Garden View Tea Room on July 8th. Just trying to figure out which day to book Keys to the Kingdom for and when to see Hoop Dee Doo Review. Has anyone heard about After Hours at any of the parks?

My daughter was really wanting to do tea at the GF, but I can't see where to fit it in. We've done it before and enjoyed it!

Here are my plans as of today. There have been a lot of changes over the last month!

Thu 7/11: Land at MCO @3, check in at Boardwalk, Ragland Road dinner @6:30
Fri 7/12: Rope Drop HS, 50s PT lunch at noon, break, back to HS in the PM
Sat 7/13: Rope Drop MK, BoG lunch, break, The Wave dinner, back to MK in the PM - Not sure I want to keep BoG. We've done dinner twice.
Sun 7/14: EPCOT when we get there with FP+, Tokyo Dining dinner then Illuminations - Haven't seen Illuminations since 2000!
Mon 7/15: Rope Drop MK, break, Skipper Canteen dinner, then close the park with HEA
Tue 7/16: Sleep in, Bon Voyage brunch @ 10:30, do whatever, HS for FP+ or shows, Star Wars Dessert Party
Wed 7/17: Early departure. :(

My daughter was really wanting to do tea at the GF, but I can't see where to fit it in. We've done it before and enjoyed it!

Here are my plans as of today. There have been a lot of changes over the last month!

Thu 7/11: Land at MCO @3, check in at Boardwalk, Ragland Road dinner @6:30
Fri 7/12: Rope Drop HS, 50s PT lunch at noon, break, back to HS in the PM
Sat 7/13: Rope Drop MK, BoG lunch, break, The Wave dinner, back to MK in the PM - Not sure I want to keep BoG. We've done dinner twice.
Sun 7/14: EPCOT when we get there with FP+, Tokyo Dining dinner then Illuminations - Haven't seen Illuminations since 2000!
Mon 7/15: Rope Drop MK, break, Skipper Canteen dinner, then close the park with HEA
Tue 7/16: Sleep in, Bon Voyage brunch @ 10:30, do whatever, HS for FP+ or shows, Star Wars Dessert Party
Wed 7/17: Early departure. :(
If you decide to cancel your BOG on the 13th, could you head to the GF and do the tea before your break? You do have a very packed agenda. Looks like lots of fun!

Joining in!! My friends and coworkers turn the other way when they see me coming. They are not Disney fans and are tired of listening to my Disney talk. LOL I found this thread just in time to save some friendships! Just kidding. . .

DD is graduating from high school and we had an extended family cruise planned. She has a cousin that is the same age as she is. We are sailing from Port Canaveral. Several months back, DD twisted my arm really really hard and asked me to add a few Disney days. We booked 3 nights in a Bonnet Creek Presidential. Then, HS EMM hours were released for July, and we just HAD to add a day in order to book it. We weren't able to extend our WBC reservation, so we booked a night at Yacht Club!! This will be my first time to try out Stormalong Bay. I was going to make this a short - low cost (in Disney math terms) trip. But we keep adding on to the trip. But we are building memories and she is about to leave home for college.

Thanks for listening/reading!!

Joining in! I don’t know how I haven’t stumbled upon this thread yet! We have been religiously going to WDW for the past 5 summers. We are planning to do Disney “lite” this July. We will be vacationing in Clearwater for a week (my girls want to go to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium to see Hope and Winter). Then we head to Disney for a three night, resort only stay, at AKL. We are doing our first ever club level stay too. We are hoping to take in everything this resort has to offer, plus some things around property that we have never done, such as putt-putt.
I am actually pretty excited about this trip even though we won’t be going into the parks!

Yes ! It's the last piece of our puzzle, unless I decide to go for the big splurge and book the new offering at AK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!