***Official July 2019 thread***

Too funny. And, now I have to check out Perdido Key and see if I like it better because that would be a straight shot down or up :teeth:
Have you been before? Are you staying at a resort or renting a house?

We usually go to Orange Beach, but my family's condo will be in use that week. I found a great rate on a condo rental on VRBO, so we are trying it out. It's actually not too far from the place we normally stay.

I went to Pensacola all the time as a kid, so I am familiar with the beaches there.

We love Pensacola Beach. PCB is also nice, but busier.
In July we are staying at a resort on the end of PCB, but I may check out Orange beach if we decide to go to the beach before Orlando.
Right now I am penciled in on our plans, incase we switch it up for DAH.
We leave June 27th, arriving at Disney Friday evening the 28th, and then leave the 4th to the beach.
If DAH is offered close enough to the 4th week, we might change our days, if we enjoy it Spring Break. :)
Is Orange beach nice as well?

We love Pensacola Beach. PCB is also nice, but busier.
In July we are staying at a resort on the end of PCB, but I may check out Orange beach if we decide to go to the beach before Orlando.
Right now I am penciled in on our plans, incase we switch it up for DAH.
We leave June 27th, arriving at Disney Friday evening the 28th, and then leave the 4th to the beach.
If DAH is offered close enough to the 4th week, we might change our days, if we enjoy it Spring Break. :)
Is Orange beach nice as well?

Orange Beach is beautiful! We love it there. Lots of great restaurants in that area, too. We'll be at WDW 7/4-7/9 then we head to the beach.

Just googled Orange Beach hotels, lol, going to research more after I take DS7 to school.

As of right now we are tag teaming our trips! My original plan is the same as yours, and we may change back to it. We want to catch 4th fireworks. Doing MK on the 3rd, but if we switch it back we will do Epcot the 4th

Just googled Orange Beach hotels, lol, going to research more after I take DS7 to school.

As of right now we are tag teaming our trips! My original plan is the same as yours, and we may change back to it. We want to catch 4th fireworks. Doing MK on the 3rd, but if we switch it back we will do Epcot the 4th

I'm thinking of changing things to do DAH MK if we have to, but we are renting DVC points, so it would mean adding ANOTHER room somewhere. We already have 3 places booked on this trip lol.

We are doing MK on the 4th thanks to having the dessert party booked!

I booked us the after dessert party for the 3rd. I am a bit nervous about those crowds with EMH that night.
And, we always stay in multiple places, lol! I have us at Sarasota Springs, as of lastnight, for 2 nights, then to BWI CL 2 nights and ending at WL CL. We might do the CL FPs, hence the CL stays, but if I can get a DAH squeezed in, we will skip CL FPs.
(Some of my group may not be back for years, so going out with a bang)

Ease my mind. We've alternated doing Disney in early June or August for several years. This is our first July trip. I know it will be hot and crowded. Crowded, I am not afraid of. Is July really any different than June or August as far as the heat? FWIW, we come back to Texas after and find the heat here like a furnace after Disney. I'm probably overthinking this.

Ease my mind. We've alternated doing Disney in early June or August for several years. This is our first July trip. I know it will be hot and crowded. Crowded, I am not afraid of. Is July really any different than June or August as far as the heat? FWIW, we come back to Texas after and find the heat here like a furnace after Disney. I'm probably overthinking this.

To me there is no difference from June-September. I live in south Louisiana, so our weather is just like Orlando.

July's average temperature (92°F) for Orlando is one degree hotter than August (91°F) and two degrees hotter than June (90°F). There's not a big difference at all.

You're from Texas; you'll be fine (stay hydrated). :)

Totally agree, coming from New Orleans, we were there last July and found the weather to be great. Of course it only rained once for about 20 minutes.

I did have to switch from a visor to a hat though as my scalp got sunburned.

Just got magic bands for Mardi Gras trip today!!!!

Can’t wait

To me there is no difference from June-September. I live in south Louisiana, so our weather is just like Orlando.
July's average temperature (92°F) for Orlando is one degree hotter than August (91°F) and two degrees hotter than June (90°F). There's not a big difference at all.

You're from Texas; you'll be fine (stay hydrated). :)

I'm glad to hear this. When we went back in June 2010, it was 93-97 the whole week, so we really hit some extra hot temperatures. I'd always been scared to try July because I assumed it would be worse than June, but apparently not worse than the June we experienced!

We are in northern CA. Our summers are mid 90s-low 100s, but it's dry heat. It's not even remotely the same thing. I keep joking to DH that we should go hang out in a sauna to start training for the humidity. Or maybe take some walks during the heat of the day while spraying ourselves with spray bottles? :rolleyes:Pretty sure we can't train for humidity, but I guess I'll just try to train for the heat and hope that works. Usually I hide inside in the AC all summer, but I plan to take walks and spend time outside in June and July this year to prepare.

I'm glad to hear this. When we went back in June 2010, it was 93-97 the whole week, so we really hit some extra hot temperatures. I'd always been scared to try July because I assumed it would be worse than June, but apparently not worse than the June we experienced!

We are in northern CA. Our summers are mid 90s-low 100s, but it's dry heat. It's not even remotely the same thing. I keep joking to DH that we should go hang out in a sauna to start training for the humidity. Or maybe take some walks during the heat of the day while spraying ourselves with spray bottles? :rolleyes:Pretty sure we can't train for humidity, but I guess I'll just try to train for the heat and hope that works. Usually I hide inside in the AC all summer, but I plan to take walks and spend time outside in June and July this year to prepare.

The hottest day I remember from our recent trips was in June (vs. July). We were waiting to watch the Festival of Fantasy Parade in the Hub. It felt like our shoes were going to melt to the ground.

I live in the south so humidity is no stranger for us, but it's tough. It keeps being said, but the best thing to do is just keep sipping on water throughout the day. It keeps you from getting heat exhaustion, and it really helps your mood, too. There's really no better advice I can offer to summertime visitors. Free quick service water is the bees knees.

Thank you.

Yes, looking to avoid them. Sheesh. MK isn't as big of a problem as DHS. Anyone have a notion when they'll release that schedule for July? Three days per week in March? Horrible.
Do you know what happens when you have a PPO scheduled for those dates? Do they hold you at the restaurant until EMM ends?

Do you know what happens when you have a PPO scheduled for those dates? Do they hold you at the restaurant until EMM ends?

Sorry, I'm looking to collect information as well. I've never done a PPO breakfast. I don't know what they do on EMM days. I have heard that they sometimes let the regular rope droppers into TSL at 8:45 even on EMM days. Seems weird.

That said, I'm looking at it more from a regular rope droppers perspective. How much longer will my regular rope drop wait be if I go to SDD first thing on an EMM day? I know EMM crowds are usually pretty low, but if they add more than 15 minutes, I'm going to have to rethink my schedule.

Sorry, I'm looking to collect information as well. I've never done a PPO breakfast. I don't know what they do on EMM days. I have heard that they sometimes let the regular rope droppers into TSL at 8:45 even on EMM days. Seems weird.

That said, I'm looking at it more from a regular rope droppers perspective. How much longer will my regular rope drop wait be if I go to SDD first thing on an EMM day? I know EMM crowds are usually pretty low, but if they add more than 15 minutes, I'm going to have to rethink my schedule.
For TSL, I just saw easyWDW write about RD... maybe take a look at that for reference.

I appreciate it. I read that, it was for a non-EMM day. I've gotten one reply in another thread stating it has no effect since most EMMers get out and head to breakfast once the RDers invade.
I’ve seen those comments too. I think EMM or not, RD seems pretty crazy. I wonder how EMH is... maybe you could make use of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!