***Official July 2019 thread***

Klayfish

DIS Veteran
Now that the calendar has turned to July 2018, that puts us just one year out from July 2019. Time to start the countdown.

Who's going? When and where?

We're leaving July 4th. As of right now, our end date isn't final, but it's likely July 18th.

We are offsite people, so we're renting a 4 bedroom home with game room and private pool. Super excited.

We're actually doing something different this time. As of right now, we have no plans to buy tickets to the 4 main theme parks. Our wallet needs a break. We're planning on buying APs to just the water parks. They're only $130 each and we love them. We'll do each park at least 3 times. We'll also do several day trips to Daytona Beach, Cocoa Beach, etc... We'll also do all kinds of things around the WDW property, such as Disney Springs, the Boardwalk, watch fireworks from the Beach Club beach, eat the Kitchen Sink at Peaches and Cream, rent a canoe at Ft. Wilderness, mini golf, etc... We'll also do plenty of hanging out and relaxing. Can't wait!!!!!

Tentatively following. We'll definitely be there summer 2019. The family is really interested in the prospect of the last week of July, but if I end up doing a Summer Alumni DCP, we'll most likely switch to the last week of August.

We want to fly in on July 3rd and stay until July 10th or 11th. It's going to depend on what kind of deal we can get through bounceback or TA discount. We have a March trip already booked lol

Going the first week of July. My youngest goes to college year around and that's the only week he has off during the summer. Plus we miss seeing the 4th fireworks. Not sure where we are staying. All depends on how many dvc point's we have. We are going to arrive June 29th and stay at his apartment for the first couple nights.

We just got back Sunday from 9 days and have already booked again!:) We'll be staying at GF July 5-13 (but might switch it to the 4th, if my wallet will allow, lol). We (DW and I) are taking my Dad down for a 'Thank you/Happy Birthday' trip.

Just got back from 10 day trip

Pleasantly surprised with regards to the weather and crowds

Wasn’t as hot as we expected and crowds were less than Mardi Gras and thanksgiving

Will probably start going in early summer as kids school schedules are preventing us from going during thanksgiving

Wasn’t as hot as we expected and crowds were less than Mardi Gras and thanksgiving

Will probably start going in early summer as kids school schedules are preventing us from going during thanksgiving
We were also, pleasantly, surprised at the crowd levels. While it did not rain like I expected it to, I didn't feel that the humidity levels made it feel overly uncomfortable. Hope you had a great trip!

Awesome! But just FYI, this is a thread for July 2019 not 2018...unless you've stolen the DeLorean. :D

Yep and we are planning our July 2019 trip as we speak

Plan to visit the water parks next year and spend more time at the resort

Best part of a completed trip is beginning to plan the next one

I’m thinking about a July trip next year. We went last August and going again in 2 weeks! But we decided to get the Premier pass since we are DL APs, and they’ll expire mid-July. Hopefully I can find decent hotel deals!

I think we are going to take a day to go over to Discovery Cove next July. Trying to get my budget in order.

We just returned home last night and booked the free dining bounceback. We will be at Wilderness from July 2-8 to celebrate my July 4th birthday :)

We booked our very first trip as DVC members and will be staying at our home resort, Copper Creek! I originally wanted to stay July 2-13 but that didn’t work out.. so we officially booked July 5-16! :jumping1:

Just back and booked our bounce back for contemporary 7/6-7/13!!

We are headed to Disney July of next year! We will be there with my DH's entire family, with all of us getting there on different dates. We (along with my MIL and FIL) will be getting there the 18th, my BIL and his wife getting there on the 21st and my SIL and her fam on the 22nd. We are all staying at Pop and all have the same end date, the 26th, because that's when we leave for our DISNEY CRUISE!!! To celebrate my in-laws big 40th Wedding Anniversary, they wanted everyone to do a land and sea vacation and are so graciously treating everyone to the cruise portion! July 2019 will be our 7th trip as a family and my 9th WDW trip, but will be our first Disney Cruise!! We're all soooooo excited! One of our freshly 3 year old twins keeps talking about fireworks on the "big boat" and demands to look at pictures of the "big boat" on a daily basis... he's his mother's child! :P

Last edited:
Joining this group!
We are planning to return July 4th-ish. (just went in mid August)
As of right now, driving down and hitting Panama City Beach for 2 nights then to Disney and finishing with Universal.
I'm still not positive on timing but probably leave the 3rd to head to Panama CB, so arriving to Disney the 6th. I'm hoping for DAH, so that is why our plans aren't set in stone. Always wanted to hit it, and with them having nights this summer, hoping it returns next summer!
I do have reservations for hotels, but may rearrange once we know for sure if DAH is offered.
We have been staying in Deluxes, but since the whole fam is coming this trip, gotta save some $$ so right now booked in Doubletree in Disney Springs in a 2 bedroom suite and then a separate room for DD23, DSIL and their 2 little ones.
Nice that the DS hotels have the EMH and FP 60 days!
(If DAH is offered, tho, we will stay in CR for that night for ease to/from MK.)

Also, watching flight deals, and if I see something we may fly instead. With a group of 9, it's gotta be a good deal tho. :)

I booked an offsite hotel for the first time. Kind of excited!

ETA: Canceled the offsite lol. Just can't do it. Now I wait for discounts :D

Last edited:
Hello!
DD and I are going down to WDW in July (well, technically we will arrive around June 26-28) and stay until around July 12
Some of these days we will spend with my children/youth Show Choir and we are going to be a part of a Disney Workshop + a performance at WDW :)
I can`t wait to take my kids in the choir to WDW... we are sooooo exited. Some of us are "Regular Disney travelers" (Me and DD and a couple of the kids)
Some has been to WDW once, and some to other Disney parks in the world. (And 2 of the kids are actually in Orlando right now... DD and I in just 43 days)

DD and I have been to Disney during the summer many times, but this will be the first time we celebrate 4 of July in the USA (Walt Disney World)
I am very exited...

I have a LOT of planning to do, since I am in charge of this trip, and I have started a bit...
BUT, DH and I am going this November, so I have been planning that trip (Like "crazy) too :)

For our July trip we might split our stay between Disney, a couple of UNVIVERSAL days and maybe some "day trips" to the Beach

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!