***** Official * July 2017 * thread! *****

One week! Does anyone else play the One Week From Right Now game? I like to check my plans and think...one week from right now ill be ______. One week from right now, ill be in Animal Kingdom, probably jumping on a ride before my Tusker House reservation!

Hi everyone! Finally getting around to posting about our trip thus far. We haven't found it to be too busy. When we went to Pandora on Sunday, there was an almost 4-hour wait for FoP but as per a CM, I think that was due to the fact that someone got sick on the ride so they had to shut down one of the theatres for a bit...yuck. We had a FP for that thank goodness! The weather has been quite hot but we are from Canada and have maybe only had two real hot days this summer so we aren't used to the temps. That being said, we haven't found it to be unbearable at all. Yesterday was the first day that we had any rain but it is storming again now as it did yesterday. All in all, it's been great so far and FoP was amazing!!!

Here now! Arrived yesterday around 2:45 to the BWV, and by the time we made our way to an awesome parking spot, we got the text our room as ready at 2:49!

Disney Springs was swamped last night! We had great luck with busses to and from, though!

We've had a great day in Epcot today, and are currently chilling in the room while it storms a bit. Back to Epcot tonight to explore World Showcase and then ride Test Track with our 4th FP! Woohoo for that!
I was in Epcot yesterday, too. I booked it as an extra day just for my youngest and me while the rest of the fam went fishing. MDE would not recognize tickets added day of. I went right to Guest Relations, and the CM said the system was down and what did I want. I hesitantly asked for and got FEA, Character Spot, and Nemo. The crowds seemed really low. We did wait awhile in the FEA line, but I have to assume a bunch of people were given FP without a time slot, like me, due to the system being down. Every other line from back check to tickets to food purchases had no one in front of me. It was crazy!

Leaving today!! So excited, I can't believe that after 21 yrs. this is DH and I first trip all by ourselves... I'm excited, but also sad, if that makes sense. It's hard to believe that the kiddos are grown enough where we can go by ourselves(where did the time go)... Going to go and enjoy our magical adventure together!! Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend!! :goodvibes

Hello July 2017 Disney Travelers - I haven't been on Did for a few years.... DD is busy with high school and getting ready for college.. How is everyone.. Miss all my Did Friends!!!!

:wave2:

Hello July 2017 Disney Travelers - I haven't been on Did for a few years.... DD is busy with high school and getting ready for college.. How is everyone.. Miss all my Did Friends!!!!

:wave2:
I can't believe your DD is getting ready for college!! Has it been a while since you've visited WDW?
We just returned from our 2 week trip on Tuesday.

One week! Does anyone else play the One Week From Right Now game? I like to check my plans and think...one week from right now ill be ______. One week from right now, ill be in Animal Kingdom, probably jumping on a ride before my Tusker House reservation!
Oh my gosh! I do that all the time! I'm leaving in four days and have been doing that all week!:yay:

We leave on Sunday and I have been packing for a month! :D I have had my suitcase in the room and add things as I think of them. My family thinks I am crazy, but thats ok since I am super prepared. Yesterday I packed our room window decorations with a few old paper fast passes and old park maps. Love looking at the old stuff and can't wait to see the new. This time we are doing then and now pictures since it has been 8 years.

We leave on Sunday and I have been packing for a month! :D I have had my suitcase in the room and add things as I think of them. My family thinks I am crazy, but thats ok since I am super prepared. Yesterday I packed our room window decorations with a few old paper fast passes and old park maps. Love looking at the old stuff and can't wait to see the new. This time we are doing then and now pictures since it has been 8 years.
Wow! 8 years is a long time. Lots of new things
Have a blast!

I don't know if this is the place for this but...

Went to Orlando this past week with no plans of going to Disney. My family is more universal/ BG type folks. Took the wife and infant on a last minute trip to Animal Kingdom and can see why the same people go every year. Got to the park around 10, hit the app and managed to get a FP for Na'vi river journey and pretty much anything I wanted to outside of ROL.

Lot of advice from these boards was very helpful even with the last minute trip.

Been back for a week, had the BEST VACATION! Loved Universal- staying on property was amazing, especially Harry Potter, Jurassic park, the Simpsons land and VOLCANO BAY!!! Loved Disney as well...staying at the Polynesian was a childhood dream (from the '70's) come true:) Flight of Passage...WOW!! I think it's the best theme park ride I've ever been on! And HEA just blew my mind as well... OUTSTANDING! Well done Disney!
Our road trip also included St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Savannah, and some history in Vicksburg and Natchez. So many memories to cherish:):):)

Thanks Disboards, especially my fellow July-goers, for all the planning assistance, the helpful hints, and for just sharing in the joy that is Disney (and other places, cough cough). I had no idea any of this existed for our first trip...and the second one was infinitely more productive, efficient and magical. I'm even considering writing a trip report:)

Hope to be back in 2019 or 2020 to usher in STAR WARS LAND! I hope all of you enjoyed/are enjoying your trips and drink a gray goose slushee for me, xoxo

We had a great time, I was surprised how much easier the summer was this year, the crowds didn't seem as bad in my opinion. Still a decent crowd, but do-able! We ate at Liberty Tavern for the first time, we loved it, food was great and I feel a must for any history buff(which DH is,lol) ..Just overall a great experience for our first time without the kiddos... can't wait to get back with them though, I'm going to enjoy every moment I can before they are all grown and married,lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!