***OFFICIAL*** Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Spectacular & Dessert Party ***2019 JBJB Discussion Begins on Pg. 39***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any recent reviews for this? We have it booked in two weeks but still on the fence due to the cost. Does Santa Goofey meet anywhere in the park during the day? Has anyone been to HS recently and know if crowd levels at the park have made it difficult to watch the show?

Any recent reviews for this? We have it booked in two weeks but still on the fence due to the cost. Does Santa Goofey meet anywhere in the park during the day? Has anyone been to HS recently and know if crowd levels at the park have made it difficult to watch the show?
What are you actual travel dates?

We did it the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It was great and worth the money. Just a quick review: we checked in at the podium at 6:15 and were the 3rd family in line. We were given our lanyards and told to meet around the back at 7:40 to meet Santa Goofy. The castmember said that since we were one of the first families we would get to meet him early. We arrived at 7:20ish and waited as the first family. Santa Goofy came in and we met with him. There is a photographer and he will do autographs. After that we found our table and visited the food areas. There was a lot of options but my family liked the peppermint brownie and the chips/dips the best. They also enjoyed the elf juice! We were given an ornament (one per person) that is a good keepsake. At about 8:45 (?) we were led out to the courtyard area. We were able to see both the movie magic show and the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam show. I do agree with others that it is close to the area BUT I really enjoyed feeling like I was in the middle of the fireworks and didn't mind looking up. We were also given fireworks glasses that turned the lights into either gingerbread men, trees, presents, or ornaments. My kids loved that! All in all we would defiantely do this again. I have done the one at MK and would not do it again!

We will be at HS on the 10th
I was asking because Santa goofy will replace Santa's meet and greet but only after Christmas.
If you can afford the party I would wholeheartedly recommend it... if you're struggling financially then make sure to get a spot about an hour before the show and you should be fine

We have the party booked for tomorrow (Dec 4) but we have already been to HS for a half day on our arrival day. That was a busy Saturday night (Dec 1). We did see Santa Goofy twice during the night doing meet and greets right on the other side of the bathrooms by the Muppets fountain. He had a pretty short line both times we walked by, not more than 10 or 15 minutes at the most. That area is pretty much a dead end though so I don’t think many people would have just happened across him. I don’t know if it appeared in the app as a character meet, I didn’t check.

We came out of Toy Story and were headed towards Fantasmic just before 7 and it was difficult to maneuver the stroller through the area in front of the Chinese theater and down the street because of the crowds already settling in holding spots for the show. The party food was being set up and it looked amazing! I was on the fence also, but I’m definitely going to keep it now after seeing how early people started filling in spots.

We have the party booked for tomorrow (Dec 4) but we have already been to HS for a half day on our arrival day. That was a busy Saturday night (Dec 1). We did see Santa Goofy twice during the night doing meet and greets right on the other side of the bathrooms by the Muppets fountain. He had a pretty short line both times we walked by, not more than 10 or 15 minutes at the most. That area is pretty much a dead end though so I don’t think many people would have just happened across him. I don’t know if it appeared in the app as a character meet, I didn’t check.

We came out of Toy Story and were headed towards Fantasmic just before 7 and it was difficult to maneuver the stroller through the area in front of the Chinese theater and down the street because of the crowds already settling in holding spots for the show. The party food was being set up and it looked amazing! I was on the fence also, but I’m definitely going to keep it now after seeing how early people started filling in spots.
that's interesting to hear about Santa Goofy, he is not scheduled other than the dessert party until after Christmas. Thanks for sharing

I went to the party Sat nite 12/1. I enjoyed it. I checked in after the Frozen show was over - which was a little risqué. Not sure how some of those parents felt. The CMs were hilarious but I kept wondering what some of those parents thought. Anyway, was given my lanyard and told to come back by 6:45. I went to Sunset blvd to see that show.

Was seated at a table with 3 other singles. Got my rum lemonade and the gingerbread martini. Did not care for the martini but had another lemonade. Started with the savory snacks first. Enjoyed the dips and cheese fondue. Then got a sampling of the desserts. Pumpkin bread pudding was dry so didn’t care for it. Cheesecakes and chocolate verrine were good as was Yule log. I also liked cupcake but it wasn’t as good as the one at H&V. Got my ornament and looked over and saw some folks were already getting their spots so went to the area and got a cub spot on the left side near stairs as I knew I could not sit on ground.

This is where it got interesting. One of my table mates came over and stood next to me near the railing for the steps. Some lady behind us started complaining the her kids who were sitting in the steps couldn’t see. Said she paid as much as we did which she had not. She was NOT a party goer. We called over a CM who told her her kids were not allowed in the viewing area. Then she got ugly with the CM and demanded her name and said she was reporting her to guest services. Then we heard her tell everyone around her the the CM told her he kids could not see the show.

We watched both programs - loved the gingerbread glasses. After the show that lady was still complaining so we headed down the ramp away from her.

Overall it was a great time and I would recommend it!

I went to the party Sat nite 12/1. I enjoyed it. I checked in after the Frozen show was over - which was a little risqué. Not sure how some of those parents felt. The CMs were hilarious but I kept wondering what some of those parents thought. Anyway, was given my lanyard and told to come back by 6:45. I went to Sunset blvd to see that show.

Was seated at a table with 3 other singles. Got my rum lemonade and the gingerbread martini. Did not care for the martini but had another lemonade. Started with the savory snacks first. Enjoyed the dips and cheese fondue. Then got a sampling of the desserts. Pumpkin bread pudding was dry so didn’t care for it. Cheesecakes and chocolate verrine were good as was Yule log. I also liked cupcake but it wasn’t as good as the one at H&V. Got my ornament and looked over and saw some folks were already getting their spots so went to the area and got a cub spot on the left side near stairs as I knew I could not sit on ground.

This is where it got interesting. One of my table mates came over and stood next to me near the railing for the steps. Some lady behind us started complaining the her kids who were sitting in the steps couldn’t see. Said she paid as much as we did which she had not. She was NOT a party goer. We called over a CM who told her her kids were not allowed in the viewing area. Then she got ugly with the CM and demanded her name and said she was reporting her to guest services. Then we heard her tell everyone around her the the CM told her he kids could not see the show.

We watched both programs - loved the gingerbread glasses. After the show that lady was still complaining so we headed down the ramp away from her.

Overall it was a great time and I would recommend it!
I'm honestly curious about what happened at the frozen show

I did the party tonight. There were some crazy sudden rainstorms today and I saw lightning as I was arriving at DHS around 6:30 so I figured it would be moved indoors. Thankfully a CM I asked knew it was at Pizzarizzo so I didn’t waste time going to the Chinese theatre to find out where it was switched to. Honestly I think having it indoors has helped eliminate most of the complaints from previous party goers. We have the whole restaurant (both floors) so no one needs to share tables and there is ample room to move. Because the tables aren’t assigned, it was super fast check-in. The buffet tables are on both floors but the liquid nitrogen is only on 2nd floor and drinks are on 1st floor. Goofy is meeting on the 2nd floor and when I went up for my time he had no one (7:25), so I got right in! They also aren’t rushing us out at 7:45 to clear the area for fireworks, so really, if we wanted to skip the movie show and eat/drink more we could.

For food, I think my favorite was the pumpkin spice bread pudding. I ended up skipping most of the drinks just because I’m tired!

(I wrote that before the actual show-here are those experiences:

We came out around 8 for the movie show and it was raining but not too hard. Of course it totally picked up and was probably the most rain I’ve ever stayed outside in (not regretting my decision to buy a poncho before leaving Epcot)! I figured by the time it started pouring, my feet were already soaked and would get worse just trying to get to shelter/out of park. That continued the whole projection show.

Rain let up after projection show and only a couple sprinkles after that. I’ve never seen JBJB before so don’t know if they made any changes due to rain. But I really liked the show! It was fun and the dessert party location was cool because we were surrounded by fireworks. The view of far off fireworks was a bit obstructed, but there weren’t a lot of those (at least in this show), so I didn’t mind. I always love pyro, so of course would have welcomed any more, but wasn’t upset at the amount there was. And actually it worked well for my show since rain causes atmospheric pressure differences and most of the smoke stayed down low to the ground-any more pyro and it would have obscured projections!

So overall, I loved the dessert party and show and super happy I did it!

So, is rain the only reason they'd move it inside? Could it be moved if below a certain outdoor temp?

That's the only reason I'm thinking of cancelling this. I'd prefer indoor food / seating.

Any idea what that temp might be? How cold is too cold?
I'm not aware of an actual temp, but whenever the feels-like temp was expected to be in the 50s during a dessert party, it was usually moved indoors. I assume from that, that it's in the lower 50s.
:offtopic: A little off topic, but years ago when the Star Wars dessert party took place outside at Center Stage and it was expected to be cold, they brought in a bunch of portable propane space heaters. It was fine for the Guests but not so much for the party staff. It made for long-ish and cold nights.

I'm not aware of an actual temp, but whenever the feels-like temp was expected to be in the 50s during a dessert party, it was usually moved indoors. I assume from that, that it's in the lower 50s.
:offtopic: A little off topic, but years ago when the Star Wars dessert party took place outside at Center Stage and it was expected to be cold, they brought in a bunch of portable propane space heaters. It was fine for the Guests but not so much for the party staff. It made for long-ish and cold nights.

Thanks again.

We've really enjoyed the SW dessert party and I was really bummed to find out it wouldn't be an option this trip. Since this is the same park and the substitute show, I didn't realize it was outside when I booked it! I prefer to be inside when it comes to eating in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter