***OFFICIAL*** Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Spectacular & Dessert Party ***2019 JBJB Discussion Begins on Pg. 39***

Status
Not open for further replies.
j
I know, I’m not super enthused about it now where I was pretty excited! The food and drink look great, I just wish the viewing area was a little further back...
just think of it this way.
You will get a good view of the show without waiting more than an hour for the best spot (which is a bit more back)
I have done both the party and regular spot and I love the party

It also depends where you are in the viewing area. Whenever someone familiar with the experience responds as to where are the better spots to view the show, they also say as far back as possible.

Last edited:
We have the party booked. I am now not sure if we should keep it. It is just me and hubby this time. I love Christmas so we thought this was a good idea. Would it be better just to get there early and try and get a good spot without the party?

We have the party booked. I am now not sure if we should keep it. It is just me and hubby this time. I love Christmas so we thought this was a good idea. Would it be better just to get there early and try and get a good spot without the party?
You could do that too, just know that the good spots require about an hour of you just sitting/ standing there
I love this party, the atmosphere is festive, the food is good, you're sitting enjoying yourself and not have to worry about a spot.
The decision is a personal one for sure

You could do that too, just know that the good spots require about an hour of you just sitting/ standing there
I love this party, the atmosphere is festive, the food is good, you're sitting enjoying yourself and not have to worry about a spot.
My DH likes what you said about relaxing. That is what this trip is about. We will keep it and just enjoy the holiday atmosphere.
Thanks for the info.

Because of the poor view reviews.
If you're referring to the EasyWDW review, I'd take that particular review and compare it with the many, many good overall party reviews over the past two years. Full disclosure, I've never been a guest at the JBJB party, however I've been in attendance dozens of times and my sense is that an overwhelming majority of Guests enjoy the party as a whole. But it's not 100%, it's not for everyone for numerous reasons.

I also would not assume that the thread titled "Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert Party worst experience EVER at a Disney park" is representative of the typical party.

As Yulilin3 just posted:

So I was reading the ingredients for the Gingerbread martini at the party and the Frosted Gingerbread cocktail at Backlot - they are definitely different drinks and the one at Backlot sounds really good

So I was reading the ingredients for the Gingerbread martini at the party and the Frosted Gingerbread cocktail at Backlot - they are definitely different drinks and the one at Backlot sounds really good
I had the one at backlot, it was really good, the difference is they add ice cream to that one

Last edited:
If you're referring to the EasyWDW review, I'd take that particular review and compare it with the many, many good overall party reviews over the past two years. Full disclosure, I've never been a guest at the JBJB party, however I've been in attendance dozens of times and my sense is that an overwhelming majority of Guests enjoy the party as a whole. But it's not 100%, it's not for everyone for numerous reasons.

I also would not assume that the thread titled "Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert Party worst experience EVER at a Disney park" is representative of the typical party.

As Yulilin3 just posted:

I’m in the same boat here. I read the easy wdw review and I’m not sure it’s worth 79 dollars for a few martinis and picture. I’m not big into sweets and I figure I can buy the martini from backlot express and stake out a spot. I’m solo so I think getting space would be easier. Anyone else thinking this way?

The value of these dessert parties very rarely comes from the food and drinks but mostly from the peace of mind. plus the gingerbread martini is delightful :) Enjoy

We have decided to ignore the review about the obstructed view and go to the party I know that I just start over thinking my plans as they get closer and I need to just go with with is planned and enjoy the trip... Maybe I can go and stress out about packing now instead :scratchin... I can't wait to try the Gingerbread Martini :drinking1

We have decided to ignore the review about the obstructed view and go to the party I know that I just start over thinking my plans as they get closer and I need to just go with with is planned and enjoy the trip... Maybe I can go and stress out about packing now instead :scratchin... I can't wait to try the Gingerbread Martini :drinking1
If this party had overwhelming negative reviews I would not speak highly of it. Yes the viewing is closer than it used to be, but it's elevated and you have no obstructions in front

We have decided to ignore the review about the obstructed view and go to the party I know that I just start over thinking my plans as they get closer and I need to just go with with is planned and enjoy the trip.
You'll be fine. Just a couple of things to remember. Arrive about 20 minutes before the advertised start time. Don't check in super early unless you want to wait in line. They usually allow Guests in 15 minutes before the actually start time.

There's a chance that you'll share a table if you're a small enough group. It catches some people off-guard and they sometimes react negatively. What happens is they'll get to their assigned table and see other people sitting there. They think it's a mistake and assume that the table has been double booked. It's not a mistake and it's not double booked. Refunds for this reason alone are not generally given as the possibility of sharing a table is clearly stated on the party's web-page.

When the CMs tell you it's time to move to the viewing area, don't dillydally. Immediately grab as much food and drinks that you want and can carry, and go. When you arrive at the viewing area, head towards the back. Have a fun party.

When the CMs tell you it's time to move to the viewing area, don't dillydally. Immediately grab as much food and drinks that you want and can carry, and go. When you arrive at the viewing area, head towards the back. Have a fun party.

Thank you so much for the tips.. I appreciate it!!

I read the easywdw review but I’m still really looking forward to this dessert party. We are going on the 29th of December so I think we will totally benefit from the reserved viewing area.
Thanks Fastpasser and yuililin3 for all your expert advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter