***OFFICIAL*** Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Spectacular & Dessert Party

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by FastPasser., Nov 1, 2017.

1. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

Once a party time is available for booking it very, very rarely gets changed

Jkpark likes this.
  2. sunset7132

sunset7132 DIS Veteran

we enjoyed the desserts at this party last year

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. sunset7132

sunset7132 DIS Veteran

we have been to a few dessert partys and we love this one. The best selections of dessert and so festive. cant wait to do it again this december

Shellyb84 likes this.
  5. sunset7132

sunset7132 DIS Veteran

yes you get an ornament. we loved that last year we have them hanging in our disney room

Shellyb84 likes this.
  6. LvsTnk

LvsTnk Home is AKV&BLT

All booked and super excited! We did the tri-fecta of dessert parties last year and had so much fun. The sweet gal in charge asked us how we were liking everything especially since this one and the Frozen party were held inside because of the cold something to keep in mind. I have to say CM's at these parties are just wonderful...wink wink.

7. FastPasser.

FastPasser. The party's over.

Did you see it mentioned somewhere on a Disney website for this year?

8. FastPasser.

wink, wink, back at you.

9. disneyfantotheend

disneyfantotheend DIS Veteran

My confirmation and all that I have read about this year’s party does not mention an ornament.

10. ksromack

ksromack DIS Veteran

On Friday November 30 my tickets show the JBJB dessert party starts at 7 pm.......the actual show starts at 8:30 pm. That's a whole lot of eating! Does that sound right?

11. FastPasser.

Not really. You'll be required to leave the party area for the viewing area around 8 pm.

ksromack and lambdabeta like this.
  12. LadyRayado

LadyRayado DIS Veteran

Booked for 12/7 - so excited! We love Prep and Landing at our house and I've wanted to do this party since it started.

KateMW likes this.
  13. tlcdoula

tlcdoula DIS Veteran

So many decisions.. I am thinking about adding this one to our plan to finish up with something to get us in the Christmas spirit before we head home. Also to save DH from having to stand for a long time in a large crowd. Are you still jammed in like sardines in the area they have reserved for the party?

14. summerskye

summerskye Ears Earned, What's Next

@FastPasser.

I saw some pics of the Illuminations dessert party area. Do you have any pics of the JBJB viewing area?

Like tlcdoula, I am curious to how "crowded" the dessert party viewing area is.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    gwynne likes this.
  15. ubarpants

ubarpants Earning My Ears

Would it be reasonable to have a table service meal around 3pm and then the dessert party at 7pm? It's just us 2 adults so we'll manage either way but I'd prefer to be hungry and not yet HANGRY by the time it starts!

16. summerskye

I keep thinking about a SNICKERS commercial... :rotfl2:

17. ksromack

ksromack DIS Veteran

I have a dinner ADR at Il Mulino at 5pm before our dessert party. I think we will just be getting apps for dinner and definitely no dessert! I've contemplated canceling dinner but I think we'll need a little something in our stomachs!

18. kittyab

kittyab DIS Veteran

what is check in time for the party?

19. reluctantredhead

reluctantredhead Mouseketeer

Yes. This is what we've done for the dessert parties we've been to, and it has worked out perfectly. For us, we wanted to be hungry enough that we'd get our money's worth, but not be so famished beforehand that we felt sick. The timing you've proposed worked out really well for us. :)

20. FastPasser.

I guess it depends on what you feel being jammed in like sardines is. IMO, it's never been that. The area is the same area that was used last year for the party.
    No pics. It's meant to be a standing viewing area and other than being a little too close for those standing in the front, it's fine.
    The check in podium is normally set up 45 minutes to an hour before the advertised start time, but if it were me I wouldn't check in more than 20 minutes or so early.

tlcdoula, summerskye and ali_in_al like this.
  21. summerskye

The viewing area is separate from the general viewing area correct? If so, where is the area with respect to the "open" general area. And, is there a better area within it to view both the show projections & fireworks? I have read that some say that the area is a little close to fully view both. Again like always, thanks for your response and opinions.