***OFFICIAL*** Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Spectacular & Dessert Party ***2019 JBJB Discussion Begins on Pg. 39***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this thread. I’ve read a lot of responses and it is giving me lots to think about.

We are on a limited budget and timeframe for this trip, but in exchange for not doing MVMCP, I have decided to splash out on one special meal or event. This caught my eye and so has Minnie’s Holiday Dine.

Being the systematic person I am, I’ve been weighing both up, and the Minnie meal currently seems like it might be the better choice. But am I missing something? Or is it just the unquantifiable atmosphere of the party that I’m not taking into consideration?

Pros of Minnies:
- Cheaper by roughly $20-30 pp
- A Christmas-style dinner as well as desserts
- More characters
- Flexibility with timing. I’m currently holding a 4pm (early dinner/late lunch) ADR, so I can save money by not needing any other large meal that day. Plus I like the idea of eating just before dark, so we can then walk off the meal and use those final Park hours to enjoy the nighttime festive atmosphere.

Pros of Dessert Party:
- Presumably more dessert choices (although they both appear to be Xmas themed).
- alcohol
- Souvenir Christmas decoration
- preferred spot for fireworks.

The fireworks spot is probably the biggest pro of the 4 to me as nothing offered at Minnie’s compares with it. How difficult is it to get a good spot of our own, say 30mins before the show?

Last edited:
Thanks for this thread. I’ve read a lot of responses and it is giving me lots to think about.

We are on a limited budget and timeframe for this trip, but in exchange for not doing MVMCP, I have decided to splash out on one special meal or event. This caught my eye and so has Minnie’s Holiday Dine.

Being the systematic person I am, I’ve been weighing both up, and the Minnie meal currently seems like it might be the better choice. But am I missing something? Or is it just the unquantifiable atmosphere of the party that I’m not taking into consideration?

Pros of Minnies:
- Cheaper by roughly $20-30 pp
- A Christmas-style dinner as well as desserts
- More characters
- A seat (not a big deal for some, but I enjoy food more when I can sit to eat it).
- Flexibility with timing. I’m currently holding a 4pm (early dinner/late lunch) ADR, so I can save money by not needing any other large meal that day. Plus I like the idea of eating just before dark, so we can then walk off the meal and use those final Park hours to enjoy the nighttime festive atmosphere.

Pros of Dessert Party:
- Presumably more dessert choices (although they both appear to be Xmas themed).
- alcohol
- Souvenir Christmas decoration
- preferred spot for fireworks.

The fireworks spot is probably the biggest pro of the 4 to me as nothing offered at Minnie’s compares with it. How difficult is it to get a good spot of our own, say 30mins before the show?
The dessert party also has chairs ( another pro on that side) because it's seasonal and to grab an ideal spot you should be there for about an hour to an hour and a half before the show

The dessert party also has chairs ( another pro on that side) because it's seasonal and to grab an ideal spot you should be there for about an hour to an hour and a half before the show

Thank you and sorry for the mistake about the chairs - I have edited my post.
I thought I had read a review where someone didn’t like the party because they had to stand, but I must have been confused.

Gosh - an hour and a half is way more than I was expecting! I don’t have that sort of patience to be honest, but I also don’t mind if my spot isn’t perfect. I just don’t want to be down an alley or behind a tree etc with an obstructed view. If I don’t do the dessert party, I will probably bowl up at about 45mins - hour and hope for the best. Any longer wait than that and my husband and son will disown me.

I thought I had read a review where someone didn’t like the party because they had to stand, but I must have been confused.
You probably did read a review regarding lack of chairs, but it was only partially correct. The first few parties in 2016 had a mix of tables with chairs and high tables without chairs. That setup lasted less than a week. Thereafter, tables were preassigned and all tables had chairs. Try to find a 2017 review.

Thank you and sorry for the mistake about the chairs - I have edited my post.

Gosh - an hour and a half is way more than I was expecting! I don’t have that sort of patience to be honest, but I also don’t mind if my spot isn’t perfect. I just don’t want to be down an alley or behind a tree etc with an obstructed view. If I don’t do the dessert party, I will probably bowl up at about 45mins - hour and hope for the best. Any longer wait than that and my husband and son will disown me.
The projection shows at dhs are great but the problem is limited viewing areas. The best spot to watch is between the projection towers and center stage, in the middle or middle left, if you go to much to your right you'll miss the fireworks.
My belief, and this is a personal opinion, is if you are going to take the time to enjoy these shows is to wait for the best spot. Many, many people have hated on the shows because they really didn't have the best spots to enjoy them, they are a blend of projections, lasers, fire/snow effects and fireworks.
The jbjb is the best dessert party I've done on property, I would go for that instead of dinner

Keeping up with this thread but the H&V Minnie caught my eye - we're going for 4 days with the purpose of ALL THE CHRISTMAS :D Only TS I have booked is lunch at H&V, specifically for the characters (we're also doing EMM & MVMCP). With the reviews for this, it's going on my must-do list as well...just waiting for booking! Plan for dinner that night is to head back to our room early afternoon & do the Twilight Feast, since we're at Poly. I'm thinking if we do that early enough, we'll be plenty hungry for desserts later (and with a DVC room, we can save the leftovers for another meal)... especially considering I have a 13-year-old boy.

I'm eagerly awaiting the ability to book the JBJB dessert party since I'm going Christmas week. Any amount is worth not fighting the crowds to see the show. Are we still thinking sometime in August, the show will be available for booking?

I'm eagerly awaiting the ability to book the JBJB dessert party since I'm going Christmas week. Any amount is worth not fighting the crowds to see the show. Are we still thinking sometime in August, the show will be available for booking?
Well, hopefully August, yes, but typically it seems they only open up a couple of months at a time, so it might only open November dates in August. I'm not sure at all, but there may be a scenario, that you might have to wait a little longer if going in mid to late December. I hope i am wrong on that for everybody's sanity, but felt that I should put it out there.

but typically it seems they only open up a couple of months at a time, so it might only open November dates in August.
IIRC, the JBJB dessert party dates were all released at once.
dessert partys and shows. it was just for a short time it started as we were leaving, i think we left around the 15 th
Just a word of caution, that was last year and until Dec dates are released, it may or may not be the case this year.

The projection shows at dhs are great but the problem is limited viewing areas. The best spot to watch is between the projection towers and center stage, in the middle or middle left, if you go to much to your right you'll miss the fireworks.
r

Thank you, you have given me a lot to think about. Plus the possibility that there could be a Star Wars dessert party too had thrown another spanner in the works as DH and DS are Star Wars crazy. Me, personally, I prefer Xmas things, and I think I’m still leaning towards the Minnie dinner - although you have swayed me a bit. :goodvibes

I’ve watched a couple of videos and it appears that the viewing area is quite close to the theatre. Is that correct? If I was to pick an ideal spot, it would be as you described, but also far enough back that I could take a couple of photos that get everything (inc. the fireworks) into one frame. Again though, I don’t have the patience to stalk out such a spot more than an hour in advance.

Food for thought... (no pun intended).

IIRC, the JBJB dessert party dates were all released at once.
Just a word of caution, that was last year and until Dec dates are released, it may or may not be the case this year.
i was just answering someones question.. did both partys run together last year? i answered Yes they did.. who knows what they do with their schedules. lol im sire its never the same

Plus the possibility that there could be a Star Wars dessert party too had thrown another spanner in the works as DH and DS are Star Wars crazy.
You're not from New Jersey, are you?
who knows what they do with their schedules. lol im sure its never the same
Actually it has been the same the past two years, but there was a common element, a SW movie debuted in Dec. That won't be the case this year. My gut tells me that they'll do the same thing even though there is no new SW movie. Don't hold me to it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter