***OFFICIAL*** Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Spectacular & Dessert Party ***2019 JBJB Discussion Begins on Pg. 39***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually was able to move things around and grabbed it for 11/17. VERY high price, but we are in the Christmas spirit and this is a splurge trip :D
have fun! Our day is also our arrival day and I can't lay down $270 for something that I might miss due to some travel delay leaving from Wisconsin.

have fun! Our day is also our arrival day and I can't lay down $270 for something that I might miss due to some travel delay leaving from Wisconsin.

Yikes I definitely would not, either. It does help that it's only 3 of us.

Our day is also our arrival day and I can't lay down $270 for something that I might miss due to some travel delay leaving from Wisconsin.
I'd check with Disney about that, should it happen. I think they'll work with you.

Last year, it was a case of the tail wagging the dog, the dessert party was more enjoyable than the JBJB show. The CM preview of all the Christmas offerings took place tonight at DHS with the JBJB show being the finale. I don't think it will be the redheaded step child of nighttime shows this year. While the projection elements are mostly unchanged, everything else appears to have been enhanced, and in some sections, dramatically. Couple that with what's going on at Sunset Blvd and the new ending for the Frozen show and you have a must do park in DHS.

Last year, it was a case of the tail wagging the dog, the dessert party was more enjoyable than the JBJB show. The CM preview of all the Christmas offerings took place tonight at DHS with the JBJB show being the finale. I don't think it will be the redheaded step child of nighttime shows this year. While the projection elements are mostly unchanged, everything else appears to have been enhanced, and in some sections, dramatically. Couple that with what's going on at Sunset Blvd and the new ending for the Frozen show and you have a must do park in DHS.

Thanks for the report. I had a case of the sweats when I booked the dessert party. :D Cannot wait now!!

That's surprising. I read many mixed reviews regarding the JBJB show, but once the initial issues were ironed out, and there were a few, the party portion was well....

The reviews I was reading talked about issues with the food. Some people thought they were weird offerings. I don't read to much into it. But having heard all the reviews today about the new show I believe it is worth it. I want to know what the ornament is that they are giving away!

Credentials and table assignments can be obtained by 5:00pm at check-in podium
Guests allowed in at 6:15pm (advertised start time is 6:30pm) no need to arrive earlier
Santa Goofy has a designated M&G area and separate pre-party entrance
The commemorative give away is the tree ornament shown below
Guests must leave the party area for the viewing area by 7:30pm
Movie Magic is at 7:40pm
JB,JB! show is at 8:00pm

enhance

Credentials and table assignments can be obtained by 5:00pm at check-in podium
Guests allowed in at 6:15pm (advertised start time is 6:30pm) no need to arrive earlier
Santa Goofy has a designated M&G area and separate pre-party entrance
The commemorative give away is the tree ornament shown below
Guests must leave the party area for the viewing area by 7:30pm
Movie Magic is at 7:40pm
JB,JB! show is at 8:00pm

enhance
We did it last year and loved it so much we are going again this year. Really looking forward to all the new festive additions at DHS. Any chance we can catch Sunset Seasons AFTER JBJB is over? Published time for that is 6:30 to 8:00, exactly when we are tied up with the dessert party and the JBJB show. If you go by the times guide, the Sunset Seasons show will end when JBJB starts so we would have to hit DHS two nights to do both.

We're doing the dessert party on November 30th. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to see Sunset Seasons in addition to Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam. We are only at the parks for one day. (Yes, I'm the crazy person who is visiting 4 parks in 1 day, just hitting the highlights.)

On Tuesday night, I left at 8:15 via Sunset Blvd and the projections were still on at that time. What I don't know is, are they cycling through the three shows at that time or is left on one scene as the park empties out. I'll be there tonight and if I think of it, I'll ask.
Thanks very much!

We did the first party, last week.

It WAS sold out, but each day I kept checking online and about 2 days prior there was availability so I booked us in.

We enjoyed it as a Christmas experience that we can’t do the time of year we’re usually at WDW, so glad we did it.
The dessert party includes alcohol, so you can probably make most of your money back if you like a few drinks!

Oh, this was also much better than the Star Wars Dessert Party because, although it was outdoors, you are guaranteed a seat and a table (may be shared with another party).
Star Wars had tables only, no chairs, and many people ended up just sitting on the floor!

Star Wars had tables only, no chairs, and many people ended up just sitting on the floor!
The SW party is a mix and mingle reception, so guests are encouraged to come and go from the food area. It's posted on the MDE website that seating is not available. The trend is to supply seating at dessert parties, but unless more space is allocated for the SW dessert party, which is very unlikely, it's not changing anytime soon.

We did the first party, last week.

It WAS sold out, but each day I kept checking online and about 2 days prior there was availability so I booked us in.

We enjoyed it as a Christmas experience that we can’t do the time of year we’re usually at WDW, so glad we did it.
The dessert party includes alcohol, so you can probably make most of your money back if you like a few drinks!
I'm really interested to know what food offerings there are - are there both sweet and savoury

The SW party is a mix and mingle reception, so guests are encouraged to come and go from the food area. It's posted on the MDE website that seating is not available. The trend is to supply seating at dessert parties, but unless more space is allocated for the SW dessert party, which is very unlikely, it's not changing anytime soon.
Interesting.
In terms of the food and bar set up they were pretty much identical, so I wouldn’t have differentiated them as a separate style of reception/dessert party at all if you hadn’t just told me that!

I'm really interested to know what food offerings there are - are there both sweet and savoury
The only savoury I recall was pretzel bread with cheese fondue. Also some artichoke to go with this.

There were a couple of warm bread pudding and brownie style desserts with ice cream, nitro-frozen chocolate mousse, cupcakes, whoopie pie, rice crispie treats, cookies...

There was warm pretzel bread with cheese fondue
Flat bread with spinach artichoke dip
Home made chips with onion dip
Some type of party snack mix (didn’t try it)
Warm pumpkin pie bread pudding
Plus everything else the previous poster mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!