***OFFICIAL*** Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Spectacular & Dessert Party ***2019 JBJB Discussion Begins on Pg. 39***

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ended up booking this for the 29th. Going to do this, see the show then head to Sunset to see the lights and show there. I'm hoping there is a chance we can beat the F! crowd out at 7:30. It's not important that we get to the buses before them but would be nice. Mostly hope to reach out resort by 8:30

EDIT AGAIN: I see that there's not. MK has to be reached via TTC.

We took a bus directly from DHS to MK in May. It was in the evening to go see Wishes. I know we did not go to the TTC at all that trip because my daughter was mad we never rode the Monorail.

I'm hoping there is a chance we can beat the F! crowd out at 7:30.
Unless you want to watch Sunset Seasons Greetings more than once, the amount of time between the end of the JBJB show and the letting out of Fantasmic will be more than enough.

We enjoyed the dessert party on Friday night. Everything was tasty and I loved the hot chocolate martini drink. The CMs were fantastic. Got some great pics with Santa Goofy.

My only issue is the reserved seating for JBJB is just a little too close. We couldn’t see much of the fireworks behind the building. Not complaining, though! It was nice to sit and watch the projections. We loved Movie Magic, too. Walking out with the snow and decorations felt magical. It was a lovely night. We had a nice view of ToT from our table and could watch the projections a bit while we ate.

My only issue is the reserved seating for JBJB it's just a little too close
I disagree that it's just a little too close, it's way too close. And the biggest complainers are the staff that have to go in and out of that area. I don't understand why the tables are set up that way.
We couldn’t see much of the fireworks behind the building. Not complaining
You may not want to complain, but I would. It's not satisfactory, and it should be moved back to the previous location. Again, I don't understand why they chose to do that.
It was nice to sit and watch the projections.
Just to clarify, by sitting I assume you mean on the concrete surface or curbing?
Walking out with the snow and decorations felt magical. It was a lovely night.
Very glad to hear that, but it could be even better.

I disagree that it's just a little too close, it's way too close. And the biggest complainers are the staff that have to go in and out of that area. I don't understand why the tables are set up that way.
You may not want to complain, but I would. It's not satisfactory, and it should be moved back to the previous location. Again, I don't understand why they chose to do that.
Just to clarify, by sitting I assume you mean on the concrete surface or curbing?
Very glad to hear that, but it could be even better.

By too close I meant the viewing spot, but you’re right the tables are jammed in together tightly.

And yes we sat on the concrete. There was an altercation between guests over sitting and standing to the left of us. Guest behavior has been pretty bad this trip. Trying to ignore it.

I might give some feedback considering the cost of the party.

Is the less than perfect viewing area still better than trying to find a spot on your own to see the show? We have the party booked because we don't want to stake out a spot an hour before hand.

By too close I meant the viewing spot
The "reserved seating" part through me off. As you found out, there's no seating, as in chairs.
Is the less than perfect viewing area still better than trying to find a spot on your own to see the show? We have the party booked because we don't want to stake out a spot an hour before hand.
Can't advise you on how long to stake out a spot, but as for me, I wouldn't book the party just for the viewing, and I'm not staking out a spot an hour ahead. I might do 30 minutes.

Regarding the Santa Goofy meet and greet. A minor, I repeat, minor "Magical Moment" does occur for a limited time to a limited number of guests. Others who have attended the party may divulge what it is but I'm not going to spoil it by posting what it is. For those planning to attend, if you happen to be in the area of the check-in podium when it first opens at 5pm, ask the check-in host. I wouldn't go out of my way to do it, you won't miss out on anything.

Would you PM me also? Thanks.

Regarding the Santa Goofy meet and greet. A minor, I repeat, minor "Magical Moment" does occur for a limited time to a limited number of guests. Others who have attended the party may divulge what it is but I'm not going to spoil it by posting what it is. For those planning to attend, if you happen to be in the area of the check-in podium when it first opens at 5pm, ask the check-in host. I wouldn't go out of my way to do it, you won't miss out on anything.

Could you PM me also? I'm not going, but I paid for my brother's family to go as a gift (because I'm the Best Aunt). I would like to know what might possibly happen.

I’m sure this has been mentioned somewhere and I just can’t find it... are people forced to wait to be led over to the viewing area, or can we saunter over when ready (like MK party with plaza viewing)?

If we have to wait, when are we brought over?

Well I did a survey on this and told them the reserved viewing area is too close. Honestly, we had a better view of the pyro from the Boardwalk a few nights later. We have the Star Wars party booked on January 13th. I am trying to decide what to do about the viewing on that one.

Well I did a survey on this and told them the reserved viewing area is too close. Honestly, we had a better view of the pyro from the Boardwalk a few nights later. We have the Star Wars party booked on January 13th. I am trying to decide what to do about the viewing on that one.
We did the party Friday night, also did it last year. I totally agree that the viewing area is way too close but it was not crowded which was nice. When I looked at the masses behind me and how packed they appeared to be, I was grateful for the private space and the extra room. Unfortunately, we did not think the show was much improved from last year but perhaps if we had not been so close, I might have enjoyed it more. We did think the dessert party was fabulous, even better than last year! I would do it again just for that.

We attended this dessert party on Dec 2, and I just filled out a survey about it.

Our two cents... it was myself and my 11yo daughter...

Good (in order of best/most important):
  • CMs awesome as always, across the board. Period.
  • Reserved seating -- both the RESERVED and actual SEATING are important to us. :)
  • Food was generally good; liked the fondu and chips, popcorn, punch
  • Loved Santa Goofy photo op
  • Table decor & ornament are cute
Bad (from WORST to just not great):
  • Tables WAY, WAY TOO CLOSE together!! I would have paid more to have space to get in and out of our seats to access the buffet.
  • View of the show: we sat at the back, center of the reserved area (got out there as soon as they opened it). It was perfectly fine for the projections, IMO. Absolutely RIDICULOUS wrt the majority of the fireworks -- so obscured. I think that they should either design the show such that the view from these areas is decent, or warn people that it is a severely obstructed view wrt the fireworks portion -- the same way they warn you when you buy theatre tickets in some sections of the theatre.
  • We had table mates who seemed lovely, but we would have preferred an option for a table for two. I know we were warned in the fine print -- it's just a preference, even though it wasn't a surprise.
The show itself...
  • Loved movie magic projections before JBJB
  • Meh for JBJB. The lasers were the best part of that show, from our perspectives. Just falls flat to me.

Overall, any night in WDW is a great night!! We had a great time just being together on this mother/daughter trip, and actually really loved Movie Magic and the projections on ToT. It was a lot of fun experiencing SNOW during these shows while enjoying 63-degree weather. We're glad we did this once to get a taste of DHS over Christmas, but would not do this dessert party again. Might watch the show from a distance, and would definitely catch the ToT projections again.

CMs awesome as always, across the board.
Of course they are, and thank you.

Table decor & ornament are cute
If you only knew what it takes to get them there.

Tables WAY, WAY TOO CLOSE together!!
Absolutely agree. And it's a challenge for the servers and other CMs as well.

View of the show: Absolutely RIDICULOUS
Agreed, I can't believe they thought it was a good idea. That needs to change for the JBJB party and the SW party as well.

we would have preferred an option for a table for two.
It all depends on the guest make up on a particular night. On some nights, you would get your own table. They do try to give parties a private table, but there are only so many tables to work with. If it's an issue, let the check-in host know when you check in.

we were warned in the fine print
Understandable and you're not the first to say that, but the print is the same size.

Did this on Sunday, Dec. 3rd. Going to echo a lot of other opinions but here goes...

All of the CMs were fantastic...from the moment you check in to the time you leave, they are all so helpful and the ratio of CMs to party goers is awesome. Always someone around if needed.

Not a big dessert person (wife is) but enjoyed that it wasn't just sweets. I think I had enough Pretzels to last me a month. Bar was always empty so getting a drink (or two) was so easy. Advice for those who like their drinks...we had to leave the party area to go to the viewing area by 7:25 and the Movie Magic show starts at 7:45. Make sure to take a couple drinks with you..one will not be enough. Also, if you chat up the bartenders from the beginning and "hint" about getting a good pour, that might make a difference (did for me anyway).

Tables in the party were very close together and ours was in the way back in a corner. Will say that the tables we had to walk around had people who couldn't be nicer...always willing to move. I even volunteered to get them a drink each time I got up.

As others stated, viewing area is super close. But, IMO still got to see enough of the fireworks that it wasn't all that bad.

Thanks for the review. Do you remember what kind of beer they have? Just Bud Light. Any Yuengling? We are going on Monday. Hope to see Fastpasser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts