*** Official January 2020 Thread ***

Suziewan

Mouseketeer
I've searched high and low for a January 2020 planning thread, and didn't find one, so here it is.

I'm planning for January 2-9, 2020 -- far ahead I know...but on August 21 we'll be 499 days out and able to call and book our room with a cast member. We will be a family of 3, myself, my boyfriend, my son who will be 15....and we are considering having one of his friends join us to keep him entertained with someone his own age.

I look forward to planning with everyone. I've created a companion facebook group here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223178341704068/

IM booked for Jan 24-Feb 2. So many days away but so looking forward to it.

DH and I just decided to plan to go in Jan 20!! We most likely will go over MLK week again like we did a few years ago and just hope if we get hit with a snowstorm at home again, it will be after we are in WDW!! We most likely will stay in Shades of Green. So excited but need to reign it in since we have over a year to go!

We are planning on January 2020 and I’m so excited!

Me, my best friend, my 12 year old and my 7 year old went in Jan 2018 and it was the trip of a lifetime! We are doing it again. My husband isn’t a theme park person, so my best friend goes!

We don’t have exact dates. I’ll post once we do!

I am going in October 2019 with friends, January 2020 with my husband, children and in-laws and potentially April 2020 with my husband, daughters, cousin and his wife. I’ve never been in January before, hoping it will be warm enough to swim. Looking to stay somewhere else besides the value resorts. Has anyone been to the fort wilderness cabins?

Going to a conference in Orlando in January 2020 so plan to spend some time in Disney since we will be there.

I am going in October 2019 with friends, January 2020 with my husband, children and in-laws and potentially April 2020 with my husband, daughters, cousin and his wife. I’ve never been in January before, hoping it will be warm enough to swim. Looking to stay somewhere else besides the value resorts. Has anyone been to the fort wilderness cabins?

We stayed in a cabin with my ILs and loved it. There were 5 of us and it was great. I was worried that there was only 1 bathroom, but it ended up not being a big deal at all. It was also nice to have the large kitchen and extra space to stretch out. I would recommend a golf cart if you're staying at FW. We had one and LOVED IT. We decorated it and it made trips to/from the bus stop super quick, easy and fun. :)

We’re heading down in April, then we are supposed to go with friends for an adult only trip in October but I’m now leaning more and more towards putting our trip off until January to check out Galaxies Edge. Hoping to book for a stay at the new Riviera Resort using our DVC points. If we can’t Riviera for that trip we’ll probably stay at shades of green and save our points for the next trip. Also thinking of going over MLK weekend and take the kids, don’t think they’ll miss this one. I wonder how crazy the crowds will be with Galaxies Edge newly opened, hopefully there will be a lull January, I know, wishful thinking!

The details are all up in the air still - except that we know we will be there the 12th! My oldest turns 21 :faint: so I told her she would have her first drink in EPCOT. Think we want to plan it as a girl's trip and leave an open invite to any aunts that want to join up. As NUTS as it is to think of my daughter as being 21, it just sounded like the most fun way to celebrate. I'm not a big drinker so my 21st was just watching other people get drunk :confused3 at least this way we can share some flights and ride some rides :thumbsup2

We are planning a big trip with family in January 2020. No solid dates yet, but probably checking in around January 28th, somewhere between 5 and 7 nights. I would love to also do USO, but still unsure.
Here's the roster:
Me
Husband
DD (12 at time)
DD (10 at time) turning 11 there
DD (9 at time)
SIL
BIL
Nephew (turning 4 there)
My father (Retired Army)
...and maybe more. We will see.

I now added on an extra day. So Jan 24- Feb 3rd. Staying AoA LM room for 8 nights and AKL savannah view for 2. So excited!!! 351 days.

Don’t know why I forgot to say this - celebrating my 25th anniversary on Jan 28th. We honeymooned in the world and we will be back for our actual anniversary. Dh doesn’t know about the AKL add on. That is his bucket list resort and going to also surprise him with Jiko ressie.

January 2020 club here. Dates getting nailed down, and hoping to get a whiff of rack rates to help some of our traveling crew to budget.

DH and I are looking at a late Jan 2020 trip for our 20th anniversary! Haven't booked anything yet, I like to do it online, so I'm waiting until bookings are available online. I also can't decide where to stay! I'm torn between the MK loop, EP resorts, and even maybe POFQ. We've done BLT (rented points), BC (loved this, but missed having quick service options), and PoP (loved the quick service options and got lucky with a quiet room, but hearing lots of complaints about noise is steering me away from there). Because this is an adults only trip, I'm learning towards a deluxe as we will spend time at the resort relaxing. At least I have lots of time to make my decision!

We're currently playing around with January 2020 dates! Right now we're looking at January 18-25th, but obviously it's not set in stone. We were planning on going in August/September this year, but postponing because I really don't want to do another HOT HOT HOT trip! Definitely looking forward to going back in the nice weather again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!