*** Official January 2020 Thread ***

Just an fyi if you didn't hear, that test track is closing from Jan 13th - Feb 27th. I personally wasn't mad about it anyway so don't mind missing it but it will make the other rides have longer queues 😔

I'm assuming this means that Spaceship Earth will still be open until at least Feb 27th!

Ugh, that's the first I've heard about the Test Track refurb. Just told DS and he is pretty disappointed. I myself am okay with it because it's down so much and really not that great except for the outdoor part in my opinion. Oh, well! Let's hope they don't announce more closures for January!

99 days!! Still trying to decide if I should book the MK DAH for 1/20. I’m afraid if it being busy since it’s MLK day.

Just an fyi if you didn't hear, that test track is closing from Jan 13th - Feb 27th. I personally wasn't mad about it anyway so don't mind missing it but it will make the other rides have longer queues 😔
We are making sure to get to EPCOT the 12th so we can ride. Not my top ride but since we happen to be there might as well ride it our first day.
I'm assuming this means that Spaceship Earth will still be open until at least Feb 27th!
I know I am in the minority here but I like Spaceship Earth about 10x more than test track so I am just happy I get to ride that before the rumored mega refurb.

99 days!! Still trying to decide if I should book the MK DAH for 1/20. I’m afraid if it being busy since it’s MLK day.
We are doing it on the 20th :goodvibes We did it in May and it was incredible so I'm hoping for the same regardless of the holiday. We actually did HS AH this year on the night before MLK day and that was awesome too so there's that!

Made a few more plans today for,our trip,with our DIS friends we're traveling with :) Picked our parks for MLK weekend and solidified our group trek to Wine Bar George followed by my favorite, Jock Lindsay's. Also decided we'll probably introduce them to Tutto Gusto with the possibility of Spice Road Table instead, but it'll be very hard to pass up TG!

We are all doing the character breakfast at Topolino's on the 21st and I'm excited for that! Kind of wanting to try for Cali Grill Brunch again too but that's still just a thought 🤔

@ariane37 thanks for the feedback, pretty sure I will be getting our tickets within the next few days.

And man Tutto Gusto, what a little gem! I’m Italian and from NY so I usually try to be a bit more adventurous in Epcot but we stopped in last trip and fell in love. They sat us on a couch in the little room with the fireplace and we had some delicious little sandwiches and my husband still talks about the salad, of all things!

Last edited:
Ugh, that's the first I've heard about the Test Track refurb. Just told DS and he is pretty disappointed. I myself am okay with it because it's down so much and really not that great except for the outdoor part in my opinion. Oh, well! Let's hope they don't announce more closures for January!

I just read that. :) I've ridden it many times, but my friend is joining me late on 1/12, flying in from Wisconsin and she's never been to WDW. We should arrive at Epcot at 5:30-6:00 PM or so, if she comes right from the airport after dropping her bag at Coronado.
I hope she gets a chance to ride it, but it sounds iffy for sure.

Ariane and Tina: any recommendations on what to get at Tutto Gusto? (that's the wine cellar with small plates, right?) I'm trying to do more places like that in WS this trip and less sit downs, and would love some specifics! TIA

Ariane and Tina: any recommendations on what to get at Tutto Gusto? (that's the wine cellar with small plates, right?) I'm trying to do more places like that in WS this trip and less sit downs, and would love some specifics! TIA
They have a menu with a list a sandwiches and you can pick two or three and they come with a wedge salad. They were all delicious.

@ariane37 thanks for the feedback, pretty sure I will be getting our tickets within the next few days.

And man Tutto Gusto, what a little gem! I’m Italian and from NY so I usually try to be a bit more adventurous in Epcot but we stopped in last trip and fell in love. They sat us on a couch in the little room with the fireplace and we had some delicious little sandwiches and my husband still talks about the salad, of all things!
Also Italian and from NY :goodvibes
We haven't gotten the sandwiches yet although they look delicious. We do the plates of meats/cheeses/ accompaniments. The La Siciliana and La Maiala are my favorite! The meatballs are delicious too, it's definitely worth a stop in.

We were going to do 2 days at Epcot during our trip, but now with Test Track closing and other closures I’m second guessing it. Anyone else thinking of shortening their Epcot days or skipping it?

We were going to do 2 days at Epcot during our trip, but now with Test Track closing and other closures I’m second guessing it. Anyone else thinking of shortening their Epcot days or skipping it?
Yep we cut down a day. We are doing a full day and had planned another half but just doing the one now. We had garden grill booked for 8am on a 9am park day so breakfast, soarin and fp frozen and whatever else kids want (have fingers crossed spaceship earth will still be open). Dh might go back with kids for a few hours while I do showcase and will meet up with them for evening show. For us we will get all we need done in that time

We haven't been since 2009 and had gone for like 6 years in a row. I all but gave up hope that my daughter would want to go back and the other day she says "Do you know what I would like to do for my 21st? I want to go to Disney" I almost dropped on the floor! And of course instantly booked for January - cannot wait for this "adult" trip to Disney!
We are also doing a mother daughter trip in January for my daughters 21st! She turns 21 on the 8th and its over her winter break!

Yep we cut down a day. We are doing a full day and had planned another half but just doing the one now. We had garden grill booked for 8am on a 9am park day so breakfast, soarin and fp frozen and whatever else kids want (have fingers crossed spaceship earth will still be open). Dh might go back with kids for a few hours while I do showcase and will meet up with them for evening show. For us we will get all we need done in that time
Your plan sounds perfect! And one day seems like plenty at this point. I’m going to look at my ADRs and see what I can move around/drop to make it into a one day plan.

Your plan sounds perfect! And one day seems like plenty at this point. I’m going to look at my ADRs and see what I can move around/drop to make it into a one day plan.
Main thing to consider would be if there were any festivals on at that time that you were interested in taking part in. I've done an extra day in Epcot when there was something I wanted to do in the Festival of the Arts.

Main thing to consider would be if there were any festivals on at that time that you were interested in taking part in. I've done an extra day in Epcot when there was something I wanted to do in the Festival of the Arts.
I wasn’t even thinking about that! We’re going to be there during festival of the arts. It sounds great but I don’t know much about it yet. Any recommendations? :)

I wasn’t even thinking about that! We’re going to be there during festival of the arts. It sounds great but I don’t know much about it yet. Any recommendations? :)
Depends what you enjoy. I really enjoy the workshops but they are not for everyone. We should be notified what is available the next month or so. Then they have a wide variety of exhibits such as living statues, put yourself in the picture, a wide variety of snack food which is great if you are on the dining plan since each one counts as a snack even if they are $10 to $12 if paying for them. Check information on last years information on the food blog and you'll get the idea.

We just started talking about park plans and since our kids won't be with us TT being closed doesn't matter. We'll most likely spend part of 3 days there because we really enjoyed the Festival of the Arts last year. I don't make FP's in Epcot generally though so again this really doesn't affect us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!