*** Official January 2020 Thread ***

Finally picked our resort! Couldn't resist my 1st love the WL so that's where we'll be the 17-22nd :love:I'll be there the end of October too and now when I leave I won't have to be sad since I know when I'll be back!

94 days!!
Are we all waiting for discounts and figuring out our FPs??

117 for me. REALLY hoping for a good room only discount. Still no idea as to itinerary for our week.
For our trip a few weeks ago, I procrastinated until literally the day before FP day to figure it out and get my FP strategy set. Hopefully I'll do better this time!

117 for me. REALLY hoping for a good room only discount. Still no idea as to itinerary for our week.
For our trip a few weeks ago, I procrastinated until literally the day before FP day to figure it out and get my FP strategy set. Hopefully I'll do better this then time!
I always do this when I plan a trip: as soon as I book my hotel, I start working on a framework of my days and parks and maybe a few restaurants. Then there's this long period of time between ADR and FP dates where I just leave the plan alone until maybe a few days before my FP date! And then time speeds up and I never feel like I have enough time to relax and work on my lists, packing, etc. I write down occasional notes as I read the DIS and FB, but it's all very informal and unhurried like I have all the time in the world! Then, panic!

I've been obsessively listening to WDW podcasts and watching YouTube videos and playing with touringplans...then I realized I still have 55 days until faatpass day! I need to pace myself!!

Hello! I'm new to disboards but I have an upcoming Disney World trip with my boyfriend. We are staying in All Star Movies from January 15th - January 21st, 2020. We are thinking of switching to Pop Century because of the new skyliners. Pop is a little more expensive and we are wondering if it will be worth the cost. We've got 6 day park passes, are looking into the MK After Hours on Jan 17th, and we will have the deluxe dining plan. Now I'm just waiting for the discounts for January to come out! :-)

Hello! I'm new to disboards but I have an upcoming Disney World trip with my boyfriend. We are staying in All Star Movies from January 15th - January 21st, 2020. We are thinking of switching to Pop Century because of the new skyliners. Pop is a little more expensive and we are wondering if it will be worth the cost. We've got 6 day park passes, are looking into the MK After Hours on Jan 17th, and we will have the deluxe dining plan. Now I'm just waiting for the discounts for January to come out! :-)
I've never stayed at the All-Star resorts, but I can speak for POP. I am big on transportation and POP has its own bus system. I believe you have to share buses with the other AS resorts. That alone is worth the switch for me. I love the refurbished rooms, the addition of the murphy bed frees up a lot of space. The new skyliner is just icing on the cake.

I can't speak for the resort side of this...but my husband and I did a MK After Hours in January of this year and it was the BEST THING EVER. I cannot recommend highly enough. It was amazing. My husband and I are going back in January 2020 for MLK weekend and I'm considering getting the MK after hours for the 17th too!

We did the Deluxe Dining Plan during our honeymoon in Nov 2018 and LOVED it too. Lots of people talk about how much food it is, but we loved the ability to go to all of the really expensive places to really celebrate our honeymoon. Lots of signature dining - without psyching myself out looking at the menu and feeling like I had to order the least expensive dish.

I can't speak for the resort side of this...but my husband and I did a MK After Hours in January of this year and it was the BEST THING EVER. I cannot recommend highly enough. It was amazing. My husband and I are going back in January 2020 for MLK weekend and I'm considering getting the MK after hours for the 17th too!

We did the Deluxe Dining Plan during our honeymoon in Nov 2018 and LOVED it too. Lots of people talk about how much food it is, but we loved the ability to go to all of the really expensive places to really celebrate our honeymoon. Lots of signature dining - without psyching myself out looking at the menu and feeling like I had to order the least expensive dish.
I'm super irritated that there are no MK after hours events the last week of january when we'll be there... grrr

I'm super irritated that there are no MK after hours events the last week of january when we'll be there... grrr
yep, this ^. We'll be there Jan 27-Feb 2 and the only AH event is AK. Still thinking about doing it, but would kind of prefer MK.

My boyfriend and I did the deluxe dining plan when we went to Disney World for the first time together last June. We're big eaters and like to have an alcoholic drink with meals. We saved our receipts for every meal and did the math at the end of our trip ... we saved over $250 with the deluxe dining plan! It's a must-do for every future trip now.

is this the one you pay extra for? how do I find it to sign up?

Yes, this is an extra ticketed event held in the Magic Kingdom on select Sunday and Tuesday mornings. It will be on the Disney website under ticketed events!

thanks. what is the full title of it, I know it is early morning magic something like that. I want to search on it specifically because when I just search ticketed events a ton come up

I found it on the website...disappointed no Hollywood Studios ones scheduled though, just Magic Kingdom

thanks. what is the full title of it, I know it is early morning magic something like that. I want to search on it specifically because when I just search ticketed events a ton come up

Early Morning Magic is exactly what it is called! This is a link to the thread that has all the most up to date information! https://www.disboards.com/threads/mk-fantasyland-“early-morning-magic”-emm-faq-discussion-news-nov-march-dates-available.3713783/ I've never done one, but if you don't mind an early morning and limited rides, it's a great way to see the park a little quieter.

Edit: HS ones will probably be totally dependant on SWGE crowds. I think there is a thread that is devoted to that as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter