***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

Got my ressies done this morning. Man, BOG is HARD!

So glad you got it - I had the same problem on my last trip didn't get one in my ADR window.

So checked every day for 2 and a bit months (some times more than once a day - I know I'm sad but don't care, dinner with the Beast is a must). I really hope it's slightly easier this time.

So far my ADRs choices are going to be:

• Beach & Cream - Lunch (Never been so very excited)
  • BOG - Dinner (hoping for ball room seating this time)
  • Crystal Palace Breakfast (Before opened Ressie, hopefully)
  • 50 Prime Time Diner - Dinner (Never been and looking forward to the sassy wait staff)
  • Tuskers House - (Breakfast as love the juice)
  • California Grill - Dinner (timing it round the fireworks)
  • Captain Cook's - Breakfast (wanna try Tonga toast)

This year going to get my Bread Pudding and Lapu Lapu fix at the Tambu Lounge instead of Ohana's

Also thinking (as the in law have offered to baby sit) going on a date night to Flying Fish - but as I want to use that night to go to Trader Sam's and it's a bit of a faff to get between the two, might change my mind.

Just made some ADRs! Only a 3 day trip so there were only 2 reservations I was going for- Ohana dinner and Boma breakfast. Boma was easy, lots of times available. Ohana dinner on all 3 days was basically an option of either 4 or 8 pm, so I snagged an 8.

I browsed around a bit. I know BOG is generally a hard one to get, but I noticed for all 3 of my days there were multiple times left for breakfast (not necessarily PPO though). Dinner was looking like either 4 pm or 9 pm. Just to give an idea of what it was looking like for me.

Disclaimer: my party size was set to 2 as I searched.

Now a long wait before Fast Pass time!

I'm only trying for Garden Grill breakfast. I don't even think I'll set the alarm to get up early tomorrow. I want to sleep lol

So happy for everyone who is getting their ADRs done :-)

We are going off DDP and will probably only have a few ADRs, mostly eating breakfast and dinner back at the room.
BOG lunch for magic kingdom day is one the whole family can agree on.

We are between Sanaa and Whispering Canyon for dinner. I think the boys (ages 7 and 5) would really like Whispering Canyon, but have never eaten there. Has anyone been there for dinner?

Probably going to do Kona for breakfast one day, though Trails End I've heard is fantastic. Is it hard to get there?

Also, has anyone been swimming in January before? Are the pools really heated?

Sad to report we are not going in Jan. anymore. We are going in Dec 18. Have fun everyone!

Sad to report we are not going in Jan. anymore. We are going in Dec 18. Have fun everyone!

Sad that you're missing January; but December is a great time to go with all the Holiday stuff and also you'll be there after Toy Story Land open so you'll have all that to look forward to.

Sad that you're missing January; but December is a great time to go with all the Holiday stuff and also you'll be there after Toy Story Land open so you'll have all that to look forward to.

:) thanks. I am pretty excited about all the changes coming. Have a great trip!

Just as I'm excited especially as this morning on the Tube I sat next to a Virgin Atlantic Cabin Crew Member - (It's a Sign :shamrock::woohoo:) as today marks the official 6 month mark till my holibobs.

So excited - although the diet start today as well - ideal want to lose around 42lb before my trip (But I think I'll be happy with 30) - so that around 7lb a month so wish me luck.

I am going to keep a list of all the fun thing I want to snack on while I'm away help keep my cravings at bay - denying myself now to enjoy later.

list so far:

beignets
Zebra Domes
Chocolate Waffle from Sleepy Hollow
Corn Dog from Sleepy Hollow
Margarita's from the Mexico Pavilion
Margaritas from Joe's on the boardwalk
That Slushy drink in France
Anything from the Norway Bakery
Anything from Karamell-Kuche
Mickey Mouse dome cake from Amorette's

Hmm can see now where all the weight is coming from lol

But Hey I am there for 14 days so that is less than one fun thing a day so far (although I might have more than one Margarita lol)

I am going to keep a list of all the fun thing I want to snack on while I'm away help keep my cravings at bay - denying myself now to enjoy later.

list so far:

beignets
Zebra Domes
Chocolate Waffle from Sleepy Hollow
Corn Dog from Sleepy Hollow
Margarita's from the Mexico Pavilion
Margaritas from Joe's on the boardwalk
That Slushy drink in France
Anything from the Norway Bakery
Anything from Karamell-Kuche
Mickey Mouse dome cake from Amorette's

Hmm can see now where all the weight is coming from lol

But Hey I am there for 14 days so that is less than one fun thing a day so far (although I might have more than one Margarita lol)

Thats a great list of snacks!! I'm hoping that the Festival of arts in January will get an increase of booths at Epcot. We loved snacking at the F&G ones in May.

My Wife and I will be at Walt Disney World from January 28th - Feb 1st. Staying at the Yacht club. First time staying on property... heck .. it's the first time I will have been back to Disney in about 20 years. I am really excited. I have been doing a lot of research so hopefully it will be a smooth vacation :)

Thats a great list of snacks!! I'm hoping that the Festival of arts in January will get an increase of booths at Epcot. We loved snacking at the F&G ones in May.

Oh yes the Festival of arts treats - most definitely, as soon as the booth get announced, I know my snacking list will increase, by a lot lol

My Wife and I will be at Walt Disney World from January 28th - Feb 1st. Staying at the Yacht club. First time staying on property... heck .. it's the first time I will have been back to Disney in about 20 years. I am really excited. I have been doing a lot of research so hopefully it will be a smooth vacation :)

Yay welcome to the January board :welcome:

I have added your trip to the roll call

So glad you're super excited and have your research down as planning is key and the forums are great if you need a bit of help.

Wow your first trip in 20 years - we're bring the in-laws and they haven't been since around 97 so around 20 years for them too.

We have our ADRs done!

'Ohana (D), Boma (D), Yachtsman (D), Bon Voyage Breakfast, Sci-Fi (L), and LTT (L). We'd like to add the Mama Melrose's F! Package & maybe a RoL Package at Tusker House (B).

I'd really like to add more but one TS per day + QS and/or snacks is already way more than we normally eat. popcorn:: I don't want to end up in a food coma!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter