***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

I finally booked!!! My sister and I are going to stay in Pop C. from the 20th until the 3rd of Feb. So excited!!! And with a little luck my other sister will be able to come too!:tigger:

We're doing shopping for a couple of days, 2 days at Universal and the rest in WDW! We've never been so we want to do everything (I know we cant, but still!)

I've heard that a tip for planning the ADR's is to book the "Hard ones first" - the problem is, I've never been, so I dont know which ones are harder to get than others!! Could someone help me out with a list or some names?

:tink:Thanks!!
Difficult ADRs:

Be Our Guest - all three meals, but especially dinner & PPO (pre-park opening) breakfast
'Ohana dinner
Akershus PPO breakfast
Cinderella's Royal Table PPO breakfast

If you want any of those, try to plan them for the end of your trip, so that there will be fewer people who were able to book ahead of you.

@SaintsManiac :thumbsup2 yay on your January trip and I have added you to the roll call.

Have to say everyone, I have started to get very excited now especially and some of the January Disney Opening Hour have gone up only to the 6th January so far (Marathon Weekend - good luck to anyone racing) but still exciting as I'm with the help of last year calendar starting to form plans.

So for those of you who are about to start on their ADRs, please keep us posted! and I will keep my fingers crossed that everyone gets all the booking they are after. :banana::cheer2::banana::cheer2:

Dont know why, but they were taken down :(

I notice that too, thought it was just me, pretty annoying :mad: really, as I was going to compare them to last years hours and see if there were relativity the same.

As if they were I was going to make an educated guess about my two weeks, now my plans are back in flux.

Although I did think they might have taken them down as they could still be planning the "Festival of Arts" and might be looking at extending Epcot Weekend Opening hours.

which for me would be great, as I adore Epcot and I'm really excited about going to a new event (I normally plan my trips round food and wine) :thumbsup2

I notice that too, thought it was just me, pretty annoying :mad: really, as I was going to compare them to last years hours and see if there were relativity the same.

As if they were I was going to make an educated guess about my two weeks, now my plans are back in flux.

Although I did think they might have taken them down as they could still be planning the "Festival of Arts" and might be looking at extending Epcot Weekend Opening hours.

which for me would be great, as I adore Epcot and I'm really excited about going to a new event (I normally plan my trips round food and wine) :thumbsup2

This is our first trip ever so the park hours would really be helpful since I don't have anything to compare it to... also is it true that the parks are open for less time? I heard they're more likely to add AM EMH instead of PM EMB

Disney Diet Update - Down 6 Pounds :cloud9:
WTG! I just started today :)

We have decided on jan 6th - 13th for our first split stay, and first time at AsMusic and AoA suites! I am pretty excited to stay at AoA and just hope it is warm enough to really enjoy the pool. I was looking at the weather and thinking 70s seemed too low for my kids to swim but they were all in the pool here last week when it was in the 70s so perhaps I am worrying for nothing - especially since their pool is heated!

Booked our flights in to MCO with points from Southwest! Just need to figure out return home flights :D

ADR window opens on 7/15 and I'm only planning to book Garden Grill (hopefully PPO). We couldn't fit it in on our trip in November.

I can't believe DH agreed to go back so soon. Upgrading to APs in November, so he knew!! lol!

Hi!

DH and I went to Disney this June with his family and while we had a nice time a few attractions were missed. So that means we need a make up trip! This time it will just be the two of us. I just booked our return flights on Southwest for the 10th. And we will head over there either the 4th-6th of January. I haven't booked our hotel package yet, but we will be staying at either POP or POR with the dining plan.

I have now narrowed it down to 6 different planning scenarios depending on which package I book (dining or no dining), what day we leave CT, and park hours :rolleyes1

ADR's booked for our 1/6-1/14 trip! One of the smoothest online reservation experiences I've had in a few years. Got everything we wanted on the time/day we wanted it, and was done by 6:15!

Time to start planning individual days for initial FP selections!

Just realized I lost this thread for a month! We're booked at POR and I was able to get airfare for $260 RT from Detroit. Much better than I was expecting, and direct flights! ADRs open on the 31st for us. Fingers crossed that we get everything we want. The only ones I'm really nervous about are BOG dinner (towards the end of our trip), and Ohana (towards the beginning of our trip). Then it's the long 4 month wait before FP day. On Sunday I ordered my kids' autograph books from Shutterfly. It's one of the things that will be in their surprise package when we wake them up to head to Disney.

After many conference calls between family members and requests put in to David's, we finally are booked for January 25th-30th :smooth:
We were going to go in Feb, but between princess 1/2 and president's week, prices were too much and there was nothing left in DVC rentals. I stayed at Poly Villa's through David's back in May for a conference. My raving about it convinced the rest of my family that they needed to take a trip to Disney and stay on the monorail this time. There are 8 of us, so we are doing a two bedroom villa at GF to fit together. Celebrating youngest nephew's first birthday and dad's 70th :goodvibes
My sister was like, phew, now that that's done no more planning for awhile. I was like, you know for a family our size we have to make ADRs in a couple weeks when they open up :laughing:

@happypaws your trip has been added to the roll call yay :cool1: and welcome to the January crew!! :cool2:

@amandaleigh2 so glad you found us again and have got it all sorted :thumbsup2

@TheCakePopLady you are putting us all to shame, all ADRs booked and doing Fantastic on your diet - well done you :cheer2:

Also yay for all the people so far who have got their ADRs and best of luck to those who haven't booked yet, double fingers crossed we all get our bookings :banana:

Got my ressies done this morning. Man, BOG is HARD! Even at 9 days out, I could only get 4:25 in the afternoon. Just as well then we should eat by 5, and that's when my kids are used to eating.

Got Tusker House pre opening, also got BOG Lunch on day 1 right at noon. Got Ohana Brekkie for Sunday. I'm happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter