***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

Slight update I spoke to one of the managers and they gave me around $100 good will gesture to say sorry, not brilliant but hey better than nothing.
Definitely better than nothing :) I did not end up booking FoP FP+s because I have a couple in my party not into the confinement so we are aiming to do that at rope drop. Hopefully it ends up not being terrible - I will report back before your trip!

So do you think that January park hours will end up being extended? From reading some other threads it sounds like the December hours were extended quite a bit, but of course, December is a much busier month. Anybody know whether it's typical for January hours to be extended?

Been wondering this as well!

The past two years, we did not experience extended park hours in January. We go at the end of January, though, so I cannot speak for the first half of the month.

For those of us who have already booked our FPs, now what?! I’ve got all my ADRs and FPs booked, and I’m going through Disney planning withdrawal! What am I going to do for fun for the next two months?:confused3
I am happy we have Thanksgiving and Christmas to keep me distracted lol I have been planning details for our ride down, buying trip items for stockings and gifts, buying gift cards at Target to pay for the trip :crazy2: , pinning road trip activities...

I think it just the contract they've negotiated with them; yes it does seem strange to me but then again it's not all bad though as Parking is free and I'm not paying the daily resort fee either.

As paying for hotel parking and resort fees aren't really a thing in the UK so I think they conceded the 60 days, as the UK guest are more likely be okay with that, than with resort fees or parking fees.

Also after speaking with the manager they are going to make sure that information is explicit on their website from now on and I got the $100 - alright not an epic win, but considering they could have just said "lump it" (and I would have), I am feeling a little better, and I am going treat myself to something nice with that money to make my self feel even better.

But thank you @DisneyObsessed87 @Scooter2376 @Wubar and @Twilight Sparkle for feeling my pain

And good luck to the rest of you with your FP+ hope everything goes smoothly :thumbsup2
There is another idea for the $100, you could book a throwaway room, and get your 60 day window to open up. There is a very detailed sticky thread on the subject. It would be a "walking" 60 days, but the cost could be under $100, and you get an extra set of magic bands to boot.

Today was our FP selection day. I managed to get everything we wanted, including FOP. We scheduled AK towards the end of our trip (days 6 and 7) and we had tons of times from which to choose. Going for FOP first, though, nearly cost me 7DMT on day 2 of our trip. When I went to book that, I only had one time slot show up. That could change as people rearrange, I suppose, but I went ahead and grabbed it.

Today was our FP selection day. I managed to get everything we wanted, including FOP. We scheduled AK towards the end of our trip (days 6 and 7) and we had tons of times from which to choose. Going for FOP first, though, nearly cost me 7DMT on day 2 of our trip. When I went to book that, I only had one time slot show up. That could change as people rearrange, I suppose, but I went ahead and grabbed it.
Thanks for the report! I was actually trying to figure out my order strategy also. Doing MK on Park day 2 (62 days out) and need 7DMT for 20 (yes, 20 haha), but not until the evening around 6-7PM. Willing to stagger times as needed. Then need FOP for 23 (picking up more people!), but again in the evening around 6PM, and 64 days out. Currently haggling over which to book first next Tuesday AM! Any suggestions or well wishes welcomed

I booked my FPs this morning, and I think I deserve a medal! I woke up 15 minutes before the site was supposed to open, looked at the time, and FELL BACK TO SLEEP! EEEEEEEK!
After waking up a half hour after time to start (!), I tried doing FP's on my phone, and I got a 7DMT at 4 pm, well after I wanted it. I was so nervous, I forgot that you can ask for additional times.o_O And after admitting I was having a hard time reading the times on my phone, I switched to my computer. Much better! It was a good thing, because I found out the FP I got for Peter Pan was for this Thursday instead of Jan 25! (Feel free to laugh)

I got it all done, and most of the ones that are at a different time than what I want are due to Disney not letting me get FPs close together even if the two attractions are right next to each other. The important thing is that I have FPs for the 3 rides for people under 48" that have the longest lines. I will keep trying to get a morning FP for 7D, but if it doesn't happen, we are still going to ride it. Right now we are booked for 1:30, so I think I'm doing good.

I'm glad my first time to do this was for a trip in January; if I was going for FPs at Christmas, I think I would be in a straight jacket.

Jannalynn, I can't imagine booking for 10 people, let alone 20 or 23. The people you are with owe you a free dinner! I think I would try for FOP first. It's new, you are trying to get more people in, and that park closes earlier, so more people will be trying to get that time. I think. Good luck!

K8, I was so upset for you when I read that you are not going to get to go for FPs for another 30 days. Have you tried getting in touch with Disney directly? If you are going to get in touch with them for your son's DAS pass, maybe you can then ask them what can be done, since you are staying onsite. It doesn't hurt to try!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US! And happy planning to everyone!

A little Disney magic? I am doing a split stay - just one night on property before moving to our time share (we wanted to extend our vacay by one day and our daughter would love AKL so we are staying there.) I got FOP for the evening of day 1 at 60 days! Like... is that crazy? I am hoping I can get one for later in the trip with my rolling 60 - but if not will keep the day 1 FP and shuffle around other plans. Is this because crowds are so low in late January? I'm anxiously waiting to see if it happens again so I can revert to my original plans for day 1 (Epcot for the kid to ride FEA!)

Thanks for the report! I was actually trying to figure out my order strategy also. Doing MK on Park day 2 (62 days out) and need 7DMT for 20 (yes, 20 haha), but not until the evening around 6-7PM. Willing to stagger times as needed. Then need FOP for 23 (picking up more people!), but again in the evening around 6PM, and 64 days out. Currently haggling over which to book first next Tuesday AM! Any suggestions or well wishes welcomed

Day 64 for FOP is better than day 60, but 20 people on 7DMT on day 2 of your trip might be difficult to snag, too. I would try to have two devices up and open to the FP portion of the app right when the booking window opens and try to work on both at once. Which leads me to another tip. I started on the website. It didn't work. Thankfully, I had my ipad ready and waiting as well, so I quickly switched to that and just used the app. The app worked perfectly. I do think needing times later in the day will be to your benefit. Good luck!

Edited to add: Don't mess around trying to fill the other two FPs for those days until you have snagged both FOP and 7DMT if those are your top priorities. You can go back to those days and add the other rides/attractions once the two hard to get rides are secured. If FEA is on your radar, you might want to make that ride your next priority after these two.

Just keep checking back to try and modify the times for your FPs! I booked my 60 day FPs last week, and the next 2 days afterward I was able to move a lot of my FP times around to better fit my schedule. Guests have many reasons to switch FP times, so it definitely helps to recheck often. Good luck!

So do you think that January park hours will end up being extended? From reading some other threads it sounds like the December hours were extended quite a bit, but of course, December is a much busier month. Anybody know whether it's typical for January hours to be extended?

I have been the last two years in early January and I do remember day off announcements in the park, staying open an hour or so later.

Day 64 for FOP is better than day 60, but 20 people on 7DMT on day 2 of your trip might be difficult to snag, too. I would try to have two devices up and open to the FP portion of the app right when the booking window opens and try to work on both at once. Which leads me to another tip. I started on the website. It didn't work. Thankfully, I had my ipad ready and waiting as well, so I quickly switched to that and just used the app. The app worked perfectly. I do think needing times later in the day will be to your benefit. Good luck!

Edited to add: Don't mess around trying to fill the other two FPs for those days until you have snagged both FOP and 7DMT if those are your top priorities. You can go back to those days and add the other rides/attractions once the two hard to get rides are secured. If FEA is on your radar, you might want to make that ride your next priority after these two.
THANK YOU!!!

I sucessfullly booked 7DMT for 22 on day 54 (for Dec 26th) with no issue (we are doing a split offsite to onsite stay). In fact, there were a LOT of evening times available, and still were until early this week (and we are about 35 days out now?) FOP would definitely be a MUCH higher priority for me. I just picked up 2 more FOP fastpasses this morning....9pm seems to be a common time slot to pop up. I completely agree with the pp who said to get these FIRST and then worry about everything else. I couldn't find a fp for FOP for a group of 5 before 1pm on day 60+3. ymmv.

I sucessfullly booked 7DMT for 22 on day 54 (for Dec 26th) with no issue (we are doing a split offsite to onsite stay). In fact, there were a LOT of evening times available, and still were until early this week (and we are about 35 days out now?) FOP would definitely be a MUCH higher priority for me. I just picked up 2 more FOP fastpasses this morning....9pm seems to be a common time slot to pop up. I completely agree with the pp who said to get these FIRST and then worry about everything else. I couldn't find a fp for FOP for a group of 5 before 1pm on day 60+3. ymmv.

:disrocks:

Thank you all for your support, suggestions and help, especially @han22735 :thumbsup2

Less stressed about my FP now, as it really was only one I was after, as we plan to ask for the DAS pass like we did last trip. So if we get that, then I'm under less pressure with my DS favourite rides.

Although seeing his favourite ride is Nemo - even at 30 days I'm pretty confident I'm going to get that one lol

Last edited:
Woke up at 3:45 this morning (I am on the West Coast) and we got all our FPs. We are there for 10 days but only on site after day 6 so we had to book 60 days + and -. thankfully my partner in crime is in Australia and it was 10pm there so she was less bleary eyed than me! Got a coveted FOP so that is good news. Also got a couple of 7DMTs. When we went in November in 2015 we couldn't get any.

Going with my wife and not-quite-2-year-old on a 3-hotels-in-6-nights stay at Beach Club, Grand Floridian, and AKV-Kidani 1/18-1/24! We're doing 3 park days, one at each hotel (i.e., Epcot @ Beach Club, MK @ GF, AK & AKV), and taking time to relax and enjoy the week.

We decided after our last trip to Disneyland that we're not fans of Rider Swap, so we're mostly avoiding the big-name rides and taking a more relaxed schedule focused on family rides and character meet-and-greets. We did snag FastPass+ for Flight of Passage -- how could we not?? -- but otherwise will be tailoring our time to the baby's tastes. (Lots of Winnie-the-Pooh & Mickey.)

Very excited for 10:30 / changeover breakfast at Crystal Palace (my daughter LOVES Pooh Bear), as well as breakfast at Kona. We'll probably eat breakfast at Boma AT LEAST twice. I keep making and cancelling ADRs at Epcot because I don't know what food the festival will bring, so we'll probably just wing it.

Looking forward to a magical trip!

Cabius, we are planning a child focused trip as well. Our Crystal Palace reservation is on Sunday the 21st, but at 8:30. I thought it was the perfect way to start our day in MK!

MinMou,

We're going the 21st as well, so we'll likely just miss each other! I wanted to get a few rope drop rides (Peter Pan, Winnie-the-Pooh) in first thing in the morning. I'm also hoping to get a bit of the lunch food as they change the buffet over. Either way, it looks like an awesome venue, and I'm very excited! Best wishes for your family's trip. =D

Now not sure how long this has been up as with all my FP+ woes I've been distracted but now fully back on Holiday mode.

I've just been looking at the Disney Epcot International Festival of Arts page and they have information of the food items up - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...-international-festival-of-the-arts-culinary/

OMG i'st breakfast time over here while I'm posting so it making me hungry and wanting a drink (well it's 5pm somewhere; although my boss might not approve :rotfl: ).

Now this has made me very excited as I love, love, love F&W with all their fun food and beverage options and I'm liking the selection so far.

Also as it's a smaller selection of booths, it will give me more of a chances to try most things, although my top 3 I'm definitely trying are:

• Pan-Seared Scallop with Chorizo, Roasted Red Pepper Coulis and a Parmesan Crisp (GF)
  • Callebaut Belgian Sipping Chocolate Flight (It's White, Dark and Milk chocolate you can drink people, I'm in heaven :cloud9:)
  • Frosé: Frozen Côtes de Provence Rosé Wine with Grey Goose Vodka and Peach Purée

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter