***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

Hello all! I am tentative scheduling a trip for Jan. We are going in December 2018, but I need a fix. Husband would stay home for the Jan trip; he is not a fan (for shame!). I want him for the December visit, and he is ok with that, but an good with a kids-only one in Jan.

I need to work out finances, and it will be dependent on southwest or other fares cooperating.

We would arrive Jan 24 (late, so kids can finish school that day) and leave Jan 29 in the afternoon, to enjoy a nice relaxing morning that day.

Considering a Jan trip - not sure if I am just being a dreamer since we just got back a couple weeks ago! I can't say I love traveling in January but with our oldest going to college in August we no longer can pull her out of school for vacation and she definitely wants to go with us. Summer is just too HOT for us, May was pushing it temp wise :sunny: Some of us didn't mind but not all the kids loved baking in the sun.

I will be following along until I decide for sure. Tentative plans help keep the Disney blues away :flower:

I have a trip booked for 5 nights at the Boardwalk Villas (Jan 28th-Feb 2nd) renting DVC points. Made my first trip to the World this past February with family in Georgia. We stayed at the All Star Movies Resort which was booked at rack rate. It was sort of a last minute thing with complications in getting everyone's schedules and preferences synced up. We didn't know about the 180 adr and the 60 day fp+ schedule but were still able to get most things done that we wanted to.

This time I'm doing it right. Making full use of the dining and fp+ reservation windows. I'll be taking my parents this time. It should be awesome staying in the Boardwalk area. Right in the middle of the action. The renting of DVC points is an amazing option if you can plan vacations way in advance. The price I'm paying per night at the BWV is the same I paid at ASMovies

I haven't been able to contain my excitement all week! Just finished booking 6 nights at BWV for January 26-February 1st. This will be my first time at BWV and also first time renting points. it'll be myself and 2 other friends one of which recently moved near Orlando and another who's never been to Disney. Should be great.

Although we just got back Wednesday we are planning our next trip for 1/20-1/31. Haven't booked a room yet as our DVC window isn't open yet but we are excited to head down during cooler weather. 95 degrees every day for our past trip was rough.

OMG I go away for a few days and it looks like everyone's booked for Jan

@FelisLachesis @chiisai @MamaJessie @SoCalDisneyFan2708 @GYust25 and @han22735 i will add you to the roll call when I'm back from Scotland next week.

As only have my phone at the moment and with all the posts and the fine whiskey I've been drinking I'm sure to mess it up.

But so happy lots of people are looking forward to a bit of January Disney time

We only went in January once. It was a little disappointing we didn't get to swim much because of the weather, but it was cool enough that being at the park all day wasn't as physically draining. And it was still nicer than home!

I am trying to think of ways family can help towards vacation instead of buying stuff for Christmas this year. Like ask someone to buy them the refillable mugs, or a character meal or something. Just can't decide if that is tacky... I have time to think about it though :)

We only went in January once. It was a little disappointing we didn't get to swim much because of the weather, but it was cool enough that being at the park all day wasn't as physically draining. And it was still nicer than home!

I am trying to think of ways family can help towards vacation instead of buying stuff for Christmas this year. Like ask someone to buy them the refillable mugs, or a character meal or something. Just can't decide if that is tacky... I have time to think about it though :)

We went in January of 16' and had some chilly days. We did swim one day but had winter hats and gloves the next..LOL After this last trip last week the sweating and 95 degrees every day made us think we'd rather need a hat in the morning...

Disney gift cards are always a great gift...plus people may not think your using them at Disney since they can be used in the local Disney stores.

I back from Scotland boo - but means I could update the roll call so yay.

We went in January of 16' and had some chilly days. We did swim one day but had winter hats and gloves the next..LOL After this last trip last week the sweating and 95 degrees every day made us think we'd rather need a hat in the morning...

looking forward to going in Jan as if it's too hot I just melt, but as I'll be coming from the cold unless it's really frosty it will definitely be warmer than home.

We are booked at a deluxe studio at Copper Creek for 4 nights starting Jan 19th. Looking forward to continuing our "empty-nester-moon" there after our DCL trip concludes. After absolutely boiling this past week at WDW (we still had fun), DH and I are fondly planning this winter trip.

Yay @IndianaRRT welcome to the January crew - I have added to you to the roll call (if you have you DCL dates as well I can add them too :) )

Wow an empty-nest moon what a great idea and so glad you're enjoying yourselves and the weather's been nice.

I've been keeping an eye of the Florida temperature and it looks hot, far to hot for my pasty pale, red headed (now with the help of dye :thumbsup2) freckled Skin, think I'll be in my element in the cooler Jan weather.

You'll all be able to spot me I'll be walking round in a t-shirt with a Sawf (South, that how you pronounce it if you're from that part of london) London patter going "eh.. It's hot isn't it" to all the jumper wearing locals :rotfl:

Love the idea of an empty nest moon, fun!

I am really excited to have a Disney date night with DH. We cannot decide if we want to go to Disney Springs, a park, dinner and drinks at a resort... So many options!

Yay @IndianaRRT welcome to the January crew - I have added to you to the roll call (if you have you DCL dates as well I can add them too :) )

Thank you! You already had me on the roll call if you'd like to merge those. We thought we were going to stay at Pop, but we recently bought DVC at Copper Creek, so we'll be there. Looking forward to our trip! And thanks for including us with the thread!

Thank you! You already had me on the roll call if you'd like to merge those. We thought we were going to stay at Pop, but we recently bought DVC at Copper Creek, so we'll be there. Looking forward to our trip! And thanks for including us with the thread!

Doh of course you were already on the roll call ::yes::, sorry it me not paying attention, still don't think I've recovered from my Scotland trip, I blame all the fresh air and whiskey.

But Copper Creek I had never heard of it before so had to do a google search and it looks amazing. I am tempted by DVC but as I'm so far away Disney is an every other year thing, although if I lived nearer I would definitely be a member.

We'll be there from January 1 - 14, split stay at Wilderness Lodge (BR) and the Polynesian. We'll be taking along our good friends (and godson) for the first half of the trip. Oddly eough, I just found out that another couple we're friends with and their two kids will be coincidentally visiting the World at the same general time, so maybe we'll hook up with them as well.

Yay @ZephyrHawk I have added you to the roll call.

It does look like a fun trip and wow first trip for your godson, he's going to love it :)

Hello! :wave2:

We are booked for 1/5 - 1/13, staying at Bay Lake Tower for the first time! Usually we stay at the Poly or AKL, so this will be a brand new experience for me. I am sooo excited to be able to walk to the MK. If Early Morning Magic is offered, we will definitely do it! There is just no way I would make it by 7 AM from any other resort unless Cinderella lent me her wake-up birds... :laughing:

We will also be celebrating my friend's 21st birthday!

party:

Welcome @NotBaroque I had added to you to the roll call :)

Bay lake tower looks amazing and there for a 21st Birthday as well, can see this being a really fun trip.

Actually just thinking, as this weekend I went under the 7 months to go mark, yay :cool1: which means the Official Jan lot will start hitting their 180 marks soon - ADR central!!!

So please for any of you guys who want to share, keep us posted of your fab restaurant choices.

I'm actually really stumped this year with what I want to do. As with the addition of the MIL and FIL it's throw out my usual plans. So far I've got:

Crystal Palace (as it a tradition in my family so do care if the Inlaws aren't impress lol)
California Grill (as I that'll break through my FIL "Disney is only for Kids" nonsense)
Kona Cafe (Although I'm torn as I ideally only want to go once but I really want Tonga toast, breadpudding and a Lapu-laup)

And that's it and for a 14 night stay that is a bit pitiful - So I'm hoping some of your ideas will inspire me on to greatness (or at least great dining ) :rotfl2:

Meeeeee! :yay:

The 2018 packages aren't going to be released until tomorrow, so our Disney Planner is waiting to book us until then, but the plan is January 18 thru 13 at either Boardwalk Inn or Grand Floridian!

This will be me and my kids first time to Disney World and I can't even explain how excited I am. I am going with my best friend (my husband is not a crowd kind of person and didn't mind me taking the kids with my best friend). Best friend has been several times, but like I said, first time for me and my kids. I own a bakery and January is our slowest month, and that is why we are traveling to WDW in Jan.

The fun thing is that my kids don't know about the trip and i'm planning on surprising up the morning we leave.

So thrilled to be a part of this thread :cloud9: I'll update tomorrow when we officially book. How did you guys get booked before the packages are released?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter