***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

Right I have self diagnosed myself with SW-AGS (dessert Party) and ROL timing anxiety.

The symptoms consists of , regularly checking Disney Timings and Dis boards for scraps of information.

Getting frustrated and saying this like "Hurry Up already you made me book my ADRs 180 days in advance pull your fingers out" or "The December timing is up it's only the next month".

and general muttering under your breath about the state of everything wrong with the world. :rotfl:

Hi Everyone! :wave2:

It looks like we are going back for our 2nd trip to WDW in January! I'm just waiting for the discounts to come out (I have already booked half of our flights!)

It will be me and 2 of my kids (15 and 13), and we will be there January 20-27. We plan on staying at All Star Music.

Can't wait!!!!

Hi Everyone! :wave2:

It looks like we are going back for our 2nd trip to WDW in January! I'm just waiting for the discounts to come out (I have already booked half of our flights!)

It will be me and 2 of my kids (15 and 13), and we will be there January 20-27. We plan on staying at All Star Music.

Can't wait!!!!

Well yay and good luck with your planning; and as soon as you have confirmed you're trip let me know and I'll add you to the roll call.

Fingers crossed you get the trip you want at a price that is just right :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone!

I have been booked for a while, but haven't posted yet. I'm booked for Jan 16-20 at Port Orleans French Quarter. I was actually booked to be down there right now. I was supposed to arrive yesterday and stay till Sunday, then move over to Universal and stay till Wednesday. Plans with the rest of my group and they couldn't make it, but I didn't want to miss a chance to go down to the world since its been over 10 years since I've been down. So I decided to go by myself and change to January and take advantage of some cooler weather. I keep telling myself this is a blessing in disguise now that Irma hit and would have possibly caused issues with our trip, but I am pretty upset about missing the Halloween Party and Food and Wine. I'll get down there for that some day.

I'm really excited because it will be my first solo trip. I get a hotel room to myself and I don't have to care about anyone else's likes or dislikes for dinners and rides. I did get an amazing deal on my air. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed there's no snow up here when I want to get down there!! :eek:

Hi Everyone!

I have been booked for a while, but haven't posted yet. I'm booked for Jan 16-20 at Port Orleans French Quarter. I was actually booked to be down there right now. I was supposed to arrive yesterday and stay till Sunday, then move over to Universal and stay till Wednesday. Plans with the rest of my group and they couldn't make it, but I didn't want to miss a chance to go down to the world since its been over 10 years since I've been down. So I decided to go by myself and change to January and take advantage of some cooler weather. I keep telling myself this is a blessing in disguise now that Irma hit and would have possibly caused issues with our trip, but I am pretty upset about missing the Halloween Party and Food and Wine. I'll get down there for that some day.

I'm really excited because it will be my first solo trip. I get a hotel room to myself and I don't have to care about anyone else's likes or dislikes for dinners and rides. I did get an amazing deal on my air. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed there's no snow up here when I want to get down there!! :eek:

Snow is a BIG worry of mine too. Especially since we are going during my son's birthday and it always seems to snow during that time. I would be semi okay with it snowing and being stuck in Florida for longer however. :laughing: But this my second trip end of January and it is a great time to visit!

Snow is a BIG worry of mine too. Especially since we are going during my son's birthday and it always seems to snow during that time. I would be semi okay with it snowing and being stuck in Florida for longer however. :laughing: But this my second trip end of January and it is a great time to visit!

I'm with you! I'd be more than fine with staying down there longer, lol. I just don't want to get stuck in snow trying to get there.

I'm with you! I'd be more than fine with staying down there longer, lol. I just don't want to get stuck in snow trying to get there.

I am in the same boat! I am worried about weather getting out of here. I actually didn't even think about it until my husband brought it up.

I am in the same boat! I am worried about weather getting out of here. I actually didn't even think about it until my husband brought it up.

Some snow concerns here too. Our Feb 06 trip we had a serious delay on the ride home because we were following a blizzard and roads closed :\ Then our last January trip (2015) we drove home in an ice storm, it was insane. White knuckled it through New jersey and New York and said never again in the winter! But with our oldest in college we went with winter break vaca over summer break. Hopefully it is a mild winter!

k8davies I am stalking the ROL packages too, if I see anything I will post here!

For those who have gone in Jan previously, what do the park hours typically look like? I know they have been changing about 30 days or so out, but right now, looking VERY early for closing--like 8 pm.

Hi Everyone!

Well congrats on getting a January trip sorted party:and I have added you to the roll call.

I do love F&W but on your Jan trip you will get the Festival of the Arts, so there be new fun things to eat and drink (actually very excited about that). Loving it's a solo trip as definitely you'll be able to do just you, and what brings you the magic.:goodvibes

Also I'll keep my fingers cross about the weather for everyone, (Including my self) as in the UK especially round London we don't get a lot of snow, lots of icy horrible rain but not much snow, although knowing my luck anything is possible. :rotfl:

Well congrats on getting a January trip sorted party:and I have added you to the roll call.

I do love F&W but on your Jan trip you will get the Festival of the Arts, so there be new fun things to eat and drink (actually very excited about that). Loving it's a solo trip as definitely you'll be able to do just you, and what brings you the magic.:goodvibes

Also I'll keep my fingers cross about the weather for everyone, (Including my self) as in the UK especially round London we don't get a lot of snow, lots of icy horrible rain but not much snow, although knowing my luck anything is possible. :rotfl:

Ice storms are the worst!!! We got trapped in our house by one last year. Weather kept switching between ice, snow, rain. By the time everything was over, it was like an 8 inch layer of concrete. I might not hate them so much in the UK though.... I'm obsessed with England. I was there 4 years ago and its still my favorite country I've visited.

So I'm doing the Super Happy Dance now!!! :dogdance::cool1::mickeyjum I am THRILLED they announced the after-hours event this morning for the day I really wanted it to be when I'm down there! It kinda makes up for missing the Halloween Party I would have gone to tomorrow. And now I can keep my late lunch reservation at Art Smith's that day, spend some time doing the retail therapy thing in Disney Springs, and have MK practically empty with no waits.

For those who have gone in Jan previously, what do the park hours typically look like? I know they have been changing about 30 days or so out, but right now, looking VERY early for closing--like 8 pm.

8 PM closings are the norm in Jan. EPCOT stays open until 9, though. Some nights have extra magic hours, but it seems like most EMH in January are usually in the morning.

8 PM closings are the norm in Jan. EPCOT stays open until 9, though. Some nights have extra magic hours, but it seems like most EMH in January are usually in the morning.

I like the 8pm closing times as I'm travelling with a little person so having it shut early means we won't have to many late nights - which makes for a happy little man and if he well rested it make the trip so much easier lol

My sister and I will be at Art of Animation January 29-February 3, visiting the Magic Kingdom on that Tuesday and Thursday. :) Our mom and one other sister MIGHT be joining us, but they have until the end of December to decide :D So excited!!! :donald:

We are in for Jan. 18-22! My DS has a long weekend off of school and I said LET'S GO! It'll be just the two of us :) Yay! Haven't booked hotel yet - thinking All Star Sports. Kind of waiting for a discount to drop.

My sister and I will be at Art of Animation January 29-February 3, visiting the Magic Kingdom on that Tuesday and Thursday. :) Our mom and one other sister MIGHT be joining us, but they have until the end of December to decide :D So excited!!! :donald:

Yay so glad you've managed to get all booked up and are super excited for you girls trip.

I have added your fun trip to the roll call.party:

We are in for Jan. 18-22! My DS has a long weekend off of school and I said LET'S GO! It'll be just the two of us :) Yay! Haven't booked hotel yet - thinking All Star Sports. Kind of waiting for a discount to drop

Oh what a nice Mum, :-) know you'll both have a great time.

Once you've got it all sorted let me know and I'll add it to the roll call. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!