Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Quickest mode of transportation between Epcot and DHS? I believe there are three options now, correct? (Bus, boat or skyliner?)

Quickest mode of transportation between Epcot and DHS? I believe there are three options now, correct? (Bus, boat or skyliner?)
Much disagreement on this. My opinion:
  • Bus: 10-15 minutes, but wait time up to 20 minutes
  • Skyliner: 20 minutes, usually no wait time
  • Boat: 25 minutes, but wait time up to 15 minutes
There's also the walking path, which is just over a mile using the BW pool shortcut, so about 20 minutes on average, but less for fast walkers.

And the bus is the only mode at the front of the park, so whether you are starting closer to the front gate or IG has some bearing.

And walking
Much disagreement on this. My opinion:
  • Bus: 10-15 minutes, but wait time up to 20 minutes
  • Skyliner: 20 minutes, usually no wait time
  • Boat: 25 minutes, but wait time up to 15 minutes
There's also the walking path, which is just over a mile using the BW pool shortcut, so about 20 minutes on average, but less for fast walkers.

And the bus is the only mode at the front of the park, so whether you are starting closer to the front gate or IG has some bearing.

Thanks so much... that is helpful!

Right, forgot to mention walking. We have walked several times from Swan/Dolphin but never directly from Epcot to DHS (or vice versa). I saw an earlier post that included a description and picture of how to find the Boardwalk "shortcut" entrance coming from the Epcot direction. Any tips on how find the cut through when coming from the DHS side? (We'll be starting our day at DHS this time.

Thanks so much... that is helpful!

Right, forgot to mention walking. We have walked several times from Swan/Dolphin but never directly from Epcot to DHS (or vice versa). I saw an earlier post that included a description and picture of how to find the Boardwalk "shortcut" entrance coming from the Epcot direction. Any tips on how find the cut through when coming from the DHS side? (We'll be starting our day at DHS this time.
Sure: When you get about halfway past the back of the BW resort, you'll see the fake roller coaster. Turn right onto the path just before it, and follow it around to the breezeway, which IIRC has a sign "To the Boardwalk". Go thru the breezeway, turn left to the boardwalk, and right to Epcot.

Hello! Was wondering if anyone can suggest best way to get from Caribbean Resort to Disney Springs (NBA Experience) as well as Amway Center. Thank you in advance.

Hello! Was wondering if anyone can suggest best way to get from Caribbean Resort to Disney Springs (NBA Experience) as well as Amway Center. Thank you in advance.
There are Disney buses between the resorts & Disney Springs. I believe the hours are roughly from 9 am to midnight; return buses to the resort run until 2 am.

There is a public bus from DS to downtown Orlando. It may stop near the Amway Center; unfortunately, the local transit agency does not publish detailed maps & schedules. If it does not stop at Amway, there is a free shuttle from the central bus terminal to Amway. DS to downtown takes about 50 minutes. Fare is $2 each way.

The other and best option would be Uber or Lynx.

Hey folks. Looking for some help. Going to Disney in April and staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Looking to get to Hollywood studios early to try to get a boarding pass for rise. Hollywood studios opens at 9 am. Will buses be running early enough? Or will I need to get a Minnie van?

Hey folks. Looking for some help. Going to Disney in April and staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Looking to get to Hollywood studios early to try to get a boarding pass for rise. Hollywood studios opens at 9 am. Will buses be running early enough? Or will I need to get a Minnie van?

The buses will certainly be running, but the Skyliner should also be a pretty direct option for you. CB is the location of the main transfer hub for the Skyliner, so from CB you'll have a direct route to DHS, to IG at EPCOT, and to AoA/Pop Century. It might depend on how early you feel you need to be there.

The buses will certainly be running, but the Skyliner should also be a pretty direct option for you. CB is the location of the main transfer hub for the Skyliner, so from CB you'll have a direct route to DHS, to IG at EPCOT, and to AoA/Pop Century. It might depend on how early you feel you need to be there.
Since you must be inside the park by the official opening time to get a RotR BG, it is best to arrive at least 30 minutes before opening. Currently, Skyliner is opening at 7:30. That's fine for a 9am DHS opening, but if the opening is changed to 8am, as it has been for February, it would be safer to catch a bus. I would be at the bus stop at 6:45 for an 8am opening.

Since you must be inside the park by the official opening time to get a RotR BG, it is best to arrive at least 30 minutes before opening. Currently, Skyliner is opening at 7:30. That's fine for a 9am DHS opening, but if the opening is changed to 8am, as it has been thru the 1st half of March, it would be safer to catch a bus. I would be at the bus stop at 6:45 for an 8am opening.

Does anyone know how close the bus stops at CBR and Riviera are to the Skyliner? I know CBR built stops near the Skyliner but am not sure if those are in the normal rotation or only when the Skyliner is down?

Our home resort is Pop and their bus stops at Disney Springs and the Magic Kingdom are notoriously far away. I’m wondering if it might be a valid option to take a bus to CBR or Riviera then the Skyliner to Pop from there?

Does anyone know how close the bus stops at CBR and Riviera are to the Skyliner? I know CBR built stops near the Skyliner but am not sure if those are in the normal rotation or only when the Skyliner is down?

Our home resort is Pop and their bus stops at Disney Springs and the Magic Kingdom are notoriously far away. I’m wondering if it might be a valid option to take a bus to CBR or Riviera then the Skyliner to Pop from there?
The park buses do not stop at the CBR Skyliner stop. It's served only by the internal shuttles, and the replacement service when the Skyliner goes down. The nearest regular bus stop is at Jamaica. Looks like it's about a 3 minute walk.

On the last list I saw of the MK load zones, CBR was at the far end of the 2nd platform. That's closer than Pop & AoA on the 3rd platform, but still pretty far out.

I haven't seen a recent list of the DS load zones.

We will be staying in a family suit at AoA. How do we get to the CR for a 10:00 am Chef Mickey’s breakfast reservation?

We will be staying in a family suit at AoA. How do we get to the CR for a 10:00 am Chef Mickey’s breakfast reservation?
Bus to MK, then walk 10-15 minutes or ride Resort Monorail one stop to Contemporary.

Disney recommends allowing 90 minutes to travel between resorts. You might run into crowds headed to the MK opening. You will need to go thru the Security bag check to get to either the walking path or the monorail station.

Bus to MK, then walk 10-15 minutes or ride Resort Monorail one stop to Contemporary.

Disney recommends allowing 90 minutes to travel between resorts. You might run into crowds headed to the MK opening. You will need to go thru the Security bag check to get to either the walking path or the monorail station.
Thank you so much!

What's the faster way to hop between mk and Epcot and vice versa? I'd be hopping around 730-8pm for fireworks and emh. It would be both ways as EP has emh on my mk day and the next day is ep with mk emh. We have a car so drive or monorail?

What's the faster way to hop between mk and Epcot and vice versa? I'd be hopping around 730-8pm for fireworks and emh. It would be both ways as EP has emh on my mk day and the next day is ep with mk emh. We have a car so drive or monorail?
I would recommend the monorail, especially since it’s now with the security bubble so you wouldn’t have to go through security between MK and Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!