Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Does anyone know if buses run from the resorts to Blizzard Beach even when the park is closed for refurbishment? We’d like to go play mini golf but am not sure if the transportation options.

Wondering how best to get to Akershus PPO from BLT. Could I plan to take the resort monorail to TTC in hopes of getting on the first monorail to Epcot. Based on the current times guide, it seems like the resort line starts earlier than the Epcot line, which starts running at 7:30 based on current times guide but we won’t be there for 2 more weeks, so I guess it could change. We’ll have three kids who need car seats so ride share isn’t an option, unless we do two Minnie Vans. Thoughts?

Wondering how best to get to Akershus PPO from BLT. Could I plan to take the resort monorail to TTC in hopes of getting on the first monorail to Epcot. Based on the current times guide, it seems like the resort line starts earlier than the Epcot line, which starts running at 7:30 based on current times guide but we won’t be there for 2 more weeks, so I guess it could change. We’ll have three kids who need car seats so ride share isn’t an option, unless we do two Minnie Vans. Thoughts?
What time is your reservation? That’s the one piece of information we need.

I think the monorail is your best option but it depends on what time your reservation is at.

They are not close at all. The Skyliner entrance is the International Gateway entrance between France and the UK in the World Showcase. The monorail is at the front of the park.

I would take a bus from CBR to the MK.

Thanks! I was curious to know how it would work between them as I thought it may be fun once, but given the walk I think not :)

I called Winter Summerland direct today and was told as a resort guest, I would need to take a taxi or Uber since Blizzard Beach is closed.
Just so you know, you talked to someone at a call center, and Disney phone CMs are incredibly unreliable. There has always been a bus, even when blizzard beach has been closed. I'm not saying that it's impossible that things have changed, but I definitely wouldn't take a phone CMs word for it

For what it’s worth, we have been at Pop for 1 week tomorrow and taken many buses. I have not seen a single bus indicating it’s goung to Blizzard Beach so I believe the information @blueskies23 shared here is quite correct.

Just so you know, you talked to someone at a call center, and Disney phone CMs are incredibly unreliable. There has always been a bus, even when blizzard beach has been closed. I'm not saying that it's impossible that things have changed, but I definitely wouldn't take a phone CMs word for it

For what it’s worth, we have been at Pop for 1 week tomorrow and taken many buses. I have not seen a single bus indicating it’s goung to Blizzard Beach so I believe the information @blueskies23 shared here is quite correct.
The best source would be a bus dispatcher at one of the theme parks.

In the past, bus service to W-S during BB downtime has been available from a single park and a single resort, not from all resorts. Normal bus routes to BB have changed multiple times since then, so it may or may not be true these days.

I think AK would be the park most likely to have service, since it's closest and was the transfer point before the latest change. I would ask a dispatcher there.

Last edited:
We’ve got an 8 am breakfast at DHS on Sunday, January 12, 2020. We are staying our first night at ASSp before our Poly stay. This is a marathon morning and I’ve read that traffic is a nightmare. We have a four year old and need a car seat. No problem ordering a Minnie Van but wondering how early we should leave ASSp to make it to DHS in time to get through security and to H&V? (Also would I be correct in assuming that EEMH will no longer be a thing?)

Hi Everyone, I tried looking for some clues to my question, but did not find anything.

Going to November MVMCP, but plan to eat around the BW & YC/BC area before heading to MK by bus. So I see the bus loop goes around those 5 resorts (but not in reality, since there is no road around BC and BW :) ). We want to pick a restaurant, then get on a bus. Does 1 bus go to all 5 resorts before heading to MK? Is there a particular order?

Lets say BC is the last stop, then we would pick a place to eat at BC then jump on the bus. Not sure I would like to jump on the bus at the 1st stop and wait for all the other stops. :D

Also, I tried looking at the MDE for bus wait times, but I guess you can only see them after check in :(. Anyone happen to know an appropriate time to stop eating to catch the bus and get to MK a little before 7? thx!

Hi Everyone, I tried looking for some clues to my question, but did not find anything.

Going to November MVMCP, but plan to eat around the BW & YC/BC area before heading to MK by bus. So I see the bus loop goes around those 5 resorts (but not in reality, since there is no road around BC and BW :) ). We want to pick a restaurant, then get on a bus. Does 1 bus go to all 5 resorts before heading to MK? Is there a particular order?

Lets say BC is the last stop, then we would pick a place to eat at BC then jump on the bus. Not sure I would like to jump on the bus at the 1st stop and wait for all the other stops. :D

Also, I tried looking at the MDE for bus wait times, but I guess you can only see them after check in :(. Anyone happen to know an appropriate time to stop eating to catch the bus and get to MK a little before 7? thx!
Usually, the bus stops only at YC & BC, making BC the 2nd of 2 stops. The BW bus may stop only at BW, or it may stop at BW, Swan, & Dolphin.

Buses should run every 20 minutes, but sometimes they may be up to 30 minutes apart. Travel time from BC should be about 15 minutes.

Are you aware that your party tickets can be used to enter MK anytime after 4pm? Arriving before 6:30 or so may avoid some of the crowds entering right at 7.

Thanks! Yes we are aware, we will be at MK the day before and do what we can with the crowds. Then the party is the night time experience. We are trying to do a separate morning and evening in each park (except AK), with a resort break in the middle. That's the plan anyways :)

So the Blue MK line is actually separate busses? That is good! We are at the BC very close to the bus stop, so it would be really easy to hop on that one and go right to MK. thx

Does anyone know if buses run from the resorts to Blizzard Beach even when the park is closed for refurbishment? We’d like to go play mini golf but am not sure if the transportation options.
There was (not sure if it still runs this route) a bus from Epcot to Coronado Springs and then to Blizzard Beach. It would then run the route backwards back to Epcot. When the bus was in Coronado the marque would say Winter/Summerland. It might be worth asking a bus driver from the Epcot Hub.

There was (not sure if it still runs this route) a bus from Epcot to Coronado Springs and then to Blizzard Beach. It would then run the route backwards back to Epcot. When the bus was in Coronado the marque would say Winter/Summerland. It might be worth asking a bus driver from the Epcot Hub.
I know that that route was discontinued.

I asked at the TTC Bus Info window the other day, and the driver manning the desk said there was no bus service to W-S during the shutdown. She most likely would have been an MK driver, so it's possible she might'nt have know about any service from AK, but things are looking dim.

I know that that route was discontinued.

I asked at the TTC Bus Info window the other day, and the driver manning the desk said there was no bus service to W-S during the shutdown. She most likely would have been an MK driver, so it's possible she might'nt have know about any service from AK, but things are looking dim.
The people in that booth are Magic Kingdom drivers. That being said, I can believe the buses don't make runs over there during the refurb. I had forgot it was shutdown.

My apologizes if this question has already been posed, but are park-to-park buses running during EEMH? I am 100% a dreamer, but we are planning to rope-drop SR one morning at 6am and then bus over to AK to rope-drop FoP by 7am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!